Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaseweb opened VPS location in ASIA (SG) at very low price - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leaseweb opened VPS location in ASIA (SG) at very low price

Comments

• @tr1cky said:
    So their disk performance is 3 times better than in Germany where they use SSDs?

No, its just around 80MB/s.

But lucky enough can securing 2 XL plan before they double the prices.

• They are NetApp NAS storage. SSD based with 1ms latency on random seed. Which is very good for stability and database. 80MB is consider very best in the bar already. They are not local SSD.

Thanked by 1edan
  • Thank you leaseweb. Removing temptation, beats willpower any day.

• @vimalware said:
    Thank you leaseweb. Removing temptation, beats willpower any day.

I feel ya, bro !

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Acacy said:
    Done kindly check your latest benchmark :)

Here we go :)

• nowprovisionnowprovision Member
    edited October 2015

I signed up the other day, I got a phone call the next day, <1m chat, just confirming address and contact details, setup complete within 24hrs. Regarding performance I am more interested in observable performance than benchmarks, I am able to boot to leinegen clojure repl in the same time (-/+5%) as on a core-i5/8gb/ubuntu laptop, so its pretty comparable today as dev box for me. In addition since this isn't EC2 or Azure I fully expect performance to degrade as onboarding efforts continue and people ramp up their usage, I have tolerance quite far away from where it is today though, so fingers crossed. For 8gb of memory and 160gb ssd cached it's a bargain at $16sgd.

Tiny mirror issue - they have no ubuntu repo mirror in SG yet, that would nice.

• So bad now the price is SG$5.99

• @Greyhound said:
    So bad now the price is SG$5.99

This price is still very cheap with 4T transfer with 1G port in asia.

• sinsin Member

nowprovision said: In addition since this isn't EC2 or Azure I fully expect performance to degrade as onboarding efforts continue and people ramp up their usage

I've had a few Leaseweb VPSes for about 1 year now and the performance is still as great as the day I purchased them. Leaseweb is very good about keeping their nodes running well (in regards to performance).

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

Week has passed as Leaseweb launched their VPS in Singapore.

Can you share you thoughts about network connectivity in Asia region from your VPSes?

Currently we see very stable and fast route to China Mobile (40ms/0%packet loss)
    China Telecom route is much weaker, latency is ~40 ms but packet loss is high due to port congestion between Telia and CT in Hong Kong. LeaseWeb have already promised to do something with this.

• hawkjohn7hawkjohn7 Member
    edited October 2015

From my home, with telkom speedy provider (Indonesia)

• Connection to India, Indonesia are good. But connection to Malaysia also not stable at Telia Malaysia exchange.

Leaseweb is looking into it now.

Digital ocean has more stable route to all these countries.

• They asked me to have initial deposit of $250... and only bank transfer option....

• bad thing is that their data traffic panel is not working .. yeah vnstat ..

edited November 2015

@inthecloudblog said:
    bad thing is that their data traffic panel is not working .. yeah vnstat ..

I don't think you need to worry about vnstat. Just check periodically availability of data traffic panel.

• Panel is not working as mentioned before :p

• Anyone here successfully install windows os in this leaseweb vps? I have tried many times, no luck.

As far as I know, nested kvm is allowed on their nodes. So if you can't manage to install winos using wimtools, you can still do it with kvm+setup.exe

Also, I think it is possible to load kvm image of preinstalled os with dd.

By the way, you can still simple install winos from their panel in case you're not on small vps.

• These are the drivers used under leaseweb VPS. It is the almost the same with OVH SG.

00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio network device
    00:04.0 SCSI storage controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio block device

But DD with Virtio SCSI-Storage and Virtio Network driver windows template works well under OVH Sg but not leaseweb VPS. It just hangs (show windows logo forever). I am not sure where I have made the mistake. I have tried many templates even with self made template. All work well under OVH but not leaseweb.

I do this for learning purposes only.

Have you tried to attach WinSrv iso from SSC, boot and install from it? I don't know if it already has virtio drivers integrated and you may need to provide virtio drivers floppy during setup phase.

• YuraYura Member

@smile93 said:
    Anyone here successfully install windows os in this leaseweb vps? I have tried many times, no luck.

COULD YOU NOT OPEN A NEW THREAD INSTEAD OF BUMPING 4 UNRELATED PAGES FROM 2015?

Thanked by 2szarka philipc
  • @ru_tld said:
    Have you tried to attach WinSrv iso from SSC, boot and install from it? I don't know if it already has virtio drivers integrated and you may need to provide virtio drivers floppy during setup phase.

Not yet try this method. May try it once I have full info. I did read it in brief only.

• YuraYura Member
    edited August 2017

@smile93, I see you just don't give a fuck about anyone else but yourself. Coming here only to get what you want, disregarding any netiquette.

Looking at your profile (2012 reg date, 473 messages, 68 thanks) I totally confirmed that suspicion of mine. See you half year later when you come around to bump another unrelated thread to ask community to fix your problem and off you go again.

• I did a full search and read most of the page. This is the only threat related to lease web. I am asking those who has leaseweb vps. If you don't have it. Fuck off.

Thanked by 3rm_ NanoG6 Tom
  • YuraYura Member
    edited August 2017

@smile93 said:
    I did a full search and read most of the page.

Liar. Read most of the page? What page? First page from 2015 or actual pages relevant to your situation? Because of your irresponsible behavior many people had to read through pages of this totally outdated irrelevant thread about Leaseweb LAUNCH IN SG IN 2015.

How is that related to your brain being incapable to install windows on vps? I will save you cycles - it's not. You should have opened a thread in Help section.

This is the only threat related to lease web.

Liar. https://www.google.com/search?q=leaseweb+windows+site:lowendtalk.com

And I will give you a hint. The exact question of installing Windows on Leaseweb vps has been asked this year already. Too bad you can't use search either.

I am asking those who has leaseweb vps. If you don't have it. Fuck off.

That's all you can do. To ask people help and tell them to fuck off. But guess what? You are doing it publicly and it's quite amusing. :')

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2017

@Yura there are actual mods on this forum who will spot and correct the problem, if any. No need in trying to play one. Use the "Flag" function to point them at what you perceive to be an issue -- instead of screaming in caps, calling people liars and generally flooding with way more useless posts than he did.

• YuraYura Member

@rm_ said:
    @Yura there are actual mods on this forum who will spot and correct the problem, if any. No need in trying to play one.

Here we go again? Is it me or you with a strong desire to moderate this board? Please. I'm not trying to impose the Highest Powers I don't posses, nor wish to. I was tricked into this thread, I got pissed, he used a big boy's language and I'm telling the guy what I think of his behavior.

It's up to Mods to clean, delete or replace any of messages. By trying to chastise me for chastising him you are doing exactly what you told me not to. Don't try to censor my speech, rm. Irony is lost on you.

• Who the fuck bump this thread. I just like WOAHH , and then see date I was like FUUUUUU. I will flag whoever Necro this shit.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @smile93 said:
    I did a full search and read most of the page. This is the only threat related to lease web. I am asking those who has leaseweb vps. If you don't have it. Fuck off.

Dude , you should read the rules. Necromancy is a forbidden art and shouldn't be conducted on any circumstances.

• virtio-scsi is different from traditional virtio

@smile93 said:
    These are the drivers used under leaseweb VPS. It is the almost the same with OVH SG.

00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio network device
    00:04.0 SCSI storage controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio block device

But DD with Virtio SCSI-Storage and Virtio Network driver windows template works well under OVH Sg but not leaseweb VPS. It just hangs (show windows logo forever). I am not sure where I have made the mistake. I have tried many templates even with self made template. All work well under OVH but not leaseweb.

I do this for learning purposes only.