Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaseweb opened VPS location in ASIA (SG) at very low price - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leaseweb opened VPS location in ASIA (SG) at very low price

Comments

• @bohdans said:
    Anyone know what timezone the call back options are for?
    I got 2 phonecalls, both at 3 am my time for verification :/

I believe its CEST.

• $1250 deposit is mandatory for chinese customers, even you just order a S$3.5/m vps

• @yywudi said:
    $1250 deposit is mandatory for chinese customers, even you just order a S$3.5/m vps

I think is only people from china not all chinese. Which is kind of sad if you think about it.

• bohdans said: Anyone know what timezone the call back options are for? I got 2 phonecalls, both at 3 am my time for verification :/

how about read your email after signup they send me this email

Dear LeaseWeb Customer,

Thank you for choosing LeaseWeb as your hosting partner! We have received your order xxxxxx, along with your contact information.

As part of our verification process to ensure security and prevent fraud risks, we need to speak to you directly to verify the order. We will contact you at +xxx xxxx within the next 24 hours.

If you want us to contact you at an alternate phone number or at a different time slot, please click on the following link. Please note that you can modify this information only once, and the option expires after 7 days:

can't wait till another people come here and complain about DD test.

• tommy said: can't wait till another people come here and complain about DD test.

..and that because?

• Well, just registered one and love it :-)

One note you should be noted that they will not be able to upgrade the package, so if you try the small package and want to upgrade, you have to cancel it, then order a new one, pay by wire and then contact them so that they can do credit and you only need to pay the difference. Even this is not convenient, however the support is helpful and guide what is necessary to do.

• NanoG6 said: ..and that because?

50 MB/s is more than enough for most website. People only care about test result, the never test on real setup. Show them 1 GB/s DD Test they'll buy your server, and just host some static site with 1 WP blog.

• I bought package XL (8 cores CPU, 8G RAM, only 16 S$). Happy with it.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • tommy said: 50 MB/s is more than enough for most website. People only care about test result, the never test on real setup. Show them 1 GB/s DD Test they'll buy your server, and just host some static site with 1 WP blog.

Actually I don't care either. But since someone posted he can get 400 while I only 80, then that caught my attention.

• Impressed with the performance and snap another XL.

• edited October 2015

Concerning routes : I bet they will improve them based on user input.
    Off topic :
    I'm doing like well over 100mbits with my 2x 4 core servers. I have limited the bw to 7.5 TB :)
    Edit : speeds dropped by the nature of my app

• If you read my comment, I know I will get the phone call, the email says follow the link to set a call back time, It does not list the timezone, which could be Netherlands or Signapore?

@tommy said:

• zevuszevus Member
    edited October 2015

@inthecloudblog said:
    Concerning routes : I bet they will improve them based on user input.
    Off topic :
    I'm doing like well over 100mbits with my 2x 4 core servers. I have limited the bw to 7.5 TB :)
    Edit : speeds dropped by the nature of my app

I'm setting up a bitcoind node, so transferring over the blockchain from my Dacentec server... it's around 45-50GB.

I started out with 9-11MB/s and it has gradually dropped off over the last 2 hrs or so (starting after maybe 15-20 minutes?). Getting 500KB/s now.

probably just some built-in throttle mechanism?? shrug

@bohdans said:
    If you read my comment, I know I will get the phone call, the email says follow the link to set a call back time, It does not list the timezone, which could be Netherlands or Signapore?

their business hours are in CEST, UTC+2

ramdisk;

I/O speed : 2.0 GB/s

hoho

• RozzaRozza Member
    edited October 2015

@bohdans said:
    If you read my comment, I know I will get the phone call, the email says follow the link to set a call back time, It does not list the timezone, which could be Netherlands or Signapore?

It's NL time I think, I asked them when I was waiting for the verification call, they said CET, GMT +2.

Thanked by 1bohdans
  • Ayone got TAX ?
    why i must pay tax 7% ?

I order M packages, and total pay 5.01.
    I'm from Indonesia

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    Ayone got TAX ?
    why i must pay tax 7% ?

I order M packages, and total pay 5.01.
    I'm from Indonesia

Maybe contact support and ask for tax exclusion if possible.

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited October 2015

@hawkjohn7

During the order, you will need to prepaid with the extra 7% tax. After they verified your account, address, phone number (only first order), then, they will invoice you without the 7% tax. The amount that you have paid is in form of credit inside your account.

you will have balance of that 7% after paying your first invoice, which is on 1 day of coming month.

In their write out, they may also bill you the pro-rated amount of the rest of this month. But I think they did not charge us this time on Singapore cloud vps during this promotion period.

• HaxHax Member

I just ordered a vps.

Threatened the sales and got a verification call in less than 5 minutes.

hawkjohn7 said: Ayone got TAX ? why i must pay tax 7% ?

I order M packages, and total pay 5.01. I'm from Indonesia

Send an email to [email protected].

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Sixell said: Threatened the sales and got a verification call in less than 5 minutes.

Good way to start business with a provider, by threatening them

• So, any word on whether these nodes are pure local RAID10 SSD or that fancy netapp/other solution?

I recall reading a thread about them shifting NL virtual servers off the SAN tech.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Is this a better vps for vpn in china?

• HaxHax Member

rm_ said: Good way to start business with a provider, by threatening them

It wasn't actually a threat and I'm using their servers in NL too. ;)

I asked the sales whether I need to do another verification or not, and she said yes.

Since many people were complaining about waiting for verification, so I told her I'll go with other provider because I need it ASAP.

• Also, has anyone ever gotten word from Leaseweb support in the past, on whether they can ensure diversified vps host nodes ?

(given a 24 hr support term, it makes sense to build your own ghetto failover system rather than upgrading the support tier)

• @vimalware said:
    So, any word on whether these nodes are pure local RAID10 SSD or that fancy netapp/other solution?

I recall reading a thread about them shifting NL virtual servers off the SAN tech.

I remember seeing "SAN storage" on the order page.

• Why do people just rank boxes by dd ?

Thanked by 3Junkless sin netomx
    edited October 2015

inthecloudblog said: Why do people just rank boxes by dd ?

No matter how you look at it, when the next guy paying the same suddenly (by luck?) gets a 5x better product, it makes you raise some questions. If everyone got the same crappy performance, there wouldn't be a problem. :)

• inthecloudblog said: Why do people just rank boxes by dd ?

More than 50% of all men do not like A cups. They prefer Double-D.

• @Amitz said:

So you saying around half of the men DO like A cups? Dayum. I mean, I m all up for "inner beauty" and similar crap, but anything less than a C cup ain't a worthy of being a cup.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Junkless said: So you saying around half of the men DO like A cups? Dayum. I mean, I m all up for "inner beauty" and similar crap, but anything less than a C cup ain't a worthy of being a cup.

I became more flexible while aging...

Thanked by 1netomx

Amitz said: I became more flexible while aging...

And it was you who recently called another guy "cute" around here in a thread, I see.

Thanked by 2Amitz netomx