Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Review of IgniteServers - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Review of IgniteServers

Comments

• Although I get the fact that some people have mixed feelings about igniteservers you can't really say anything bad about the service. They deliver as promised and any negativities are based on presumptions rather than facts.

Thanked by 1Nixtren
  • @linuxthefish said:
    looks like ploop!

Poop?!

• Interesting to see someone deny using soyoustart that quickly - whats wrong with their services, I do use them a lot...

Unexpectedly I do read a lot around here... probably you did not understand what I tried to express... If you wont go with cheap servers like soyoustart, your whole bunch of $0.50 - $1.50 offers unluckily are becoming far more unsustainable.

It is some kind of math I'd guess.
    If your telling your not over 80 percent on any of your nodes, I assume your just somewhat under it (else you would have picked smaller number, unless you would want to make yourself bigger then you actually are)
    So if you own 4 servers out of ovh normal range and have only 20-30 % left to rent out besides all your promotions, how should this become sustainable?
    Probably overselling. Oh, I forgot... you wouldn't do this, right?

Dont get me wrong. I am not telling about your service, performance or something like that, as I am not your customer I am not in the position to judge about.

All I want to point at, is think about what you are telling what you do, are and want to be.

I am wondering if you are the one to point at me in six months and proove that your up and running (not away) ;-)

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@Falzo said:
    I am wondering if you are the one to point at me in six months and proove that your up and running (not away) ;-)

Can you tell me the specs of the four servers I have with OVH or how many IP's I have allocated to them or the cores / threads they have? My point is you cant so everything you just said is out of your ass with no facts..... correct me if I'm wrong please. Im sure I did not mention the specs of any of my servers on this thread, so you basically assumed what I have.

• guys guys guys, whats up with all the comments against IgniteServers? come on, go against the OP if you really wanted to, whats so wrong with him? He just wanted to do business, or LET has become a place where no new providers are welcomed by the community?

As for IgniteServers, i think you just can't please everyone. Instead of replying to your doubter/hater which could indirectly put you into bad light, you might as well use those time to support and serve your clients.

Sorry, i don't favor anyone here, but please, isn't LET a friendly community? How are new providers gonna step foot into LET if this is the trend or sentiment around?

• @al3xt said:
    Sorry, i don't favor anyone here, but please, isn't LET a friendly community?

No, atleast not since some events in the past.

• IgniteServers use OVH Enterprise SP-32 for their nodes with E3-1231v3, 32GB RAM and 2x2TB HDD RAID1.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@tr1cky said:
    IgniteServers use OVH Enterprise SP-32 for their nodes with E3-1231v3, 32GB RAM and 2x2TB HDD RAID1.

Correct I have 3 of those and the last is a 16GB 5x6TB storage server which is used for backups.

Thank goodness someone who actually uses my servers can say something factual in this thread.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

It would be really better to comment out current customers which they are with that provider. Because only they will provide a good or bad review of their provider, we are free to ask but not to blamme or attack the whole thread without any reason...

• If the disk is 2x2TB in RAID 1, and the OP posted over 1GB/s transfer. It must be ploop, but even with that, is it even possible?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    If the disk is 2x2TB in RAID 1, and the OP posted over 1GB/s transfer. It must be ploop, but even with that, is it even possible?

ploop inflates I/O values a lot. I have a old dev dedi that squeeze like maybe max 90 MB/s. With ploop it shows I/O speed values of 600 MB/s and more. Given that the server has SATA-I drives 90 MB/s is probably fine for a HDD that is up since a lot of years and is basically bargain stuff but 600 MB/s and more are simply impossible.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    If the disk is 2x2TB in RAID 1, and the OP posted over 1GB/s transfer. It must be ploop, but even with that, is it even possible?

Is when its just using RAM/never writing to disk.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    Can you tell me the specs of the four servers I have with OVH or how many IP's I have allocated to them or the cores / threads they have?

I don't need to know and am free to make assumptions, as you are free to correct them.
    There is no need to be offended as I did not attack you directly with whatever I said.
    Nor did I ever say you deliver bad service. All you did was going straight being pissed by whatever.

Now you are telling that you have three server 32GB which is 96GB overall versus my assumption 4x16 which would be 64GB - You really got me on that one!
    on the other hand I assumed you have 4 times 2 TB Raid1 versus you having only 3 times 2 TB Raid1 for real, as with 4 physical NICs vs 3...
    sure yours will be better, because your paying a much bigger price, as it is with OVH and not SYS. you can just put some more customers on those nodes, as IPs are included and hide bad IO with somewhat instable ploop to cover the costs...

wish you luck with your sales and remember to call me names in six month ;-)

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • @IgniteServers

hey man time to take the high road. its just turned into drama. They are making you cannon foder. Just relax and let them bicker between themselves. or take it private.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2015

How easy is it to spot the fiddy cent customers!

• @TheOnlyDK said:

Ploop is clever and knows a much better way of creating a 1GB file with 0's, but it's still limited by CPU speed.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Ploop is clever and knows a much better way of creating a 1GB file with 0's, but it's still limited by CPU speed.

I know, but over 1GB/s is a bit.. too unrealistic.. I tried to setup ploop on my P4 2GB ram machine, it only gave me 130mb/s am I missing something?

• TheOnlyDK said: P4 2GB ram machine

Crap CPU? try setting the cpu units to something like 9000 and CPU limit to 0

• @linuxthefish said:
    Crap CPU? try setting the cpu units to something like 9000 and CPU limit to 0

In the 2003 days, it was the best lol. I've tried that, didn't work. It was just to test how ploop would do on a such slow system, didn't expect it to get the 1GB/s number anyways.

• very good hosting, never have issue :) recomended for them

• @IgniteServers said:
    IronDragon, IronSteel, IronIde or IronTally ?

Is this something digimon,pokemon or... :D?

• @ZweiTiger said:
    Is this something digimon,pokemon or... :D?

More on the transformers line if things.

• @IgniteServers said:
    More on the transformers line if things.

Hmm.. well yeah thats possible!

• Hahahaha... now where are they?

• Why bump

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Falzo said:

Since this thread was bumped anyways, im gonna tag youhaha. Hasn't even been 6 months and look at them now

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Jonchun said:
    Since this thread was bumped anyways, im gonna tag youhaha. Hasn't even been 6 months and look at them now

LOL ;-) think I did mention this in that other thread already...

btw: I wouldn't have any problem with them proving me wrong, but sadly for their customers it didn't work out...

• Last Active
    January 8

IgniteServers said: IgniteServers Member

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited January 2016

@IgniteServers's signature should be removed. Then again his website is down so...

• @GM2015 said:
    Last Active January 8

curiosity killed the cat...