Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Review of IgniteServers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Review of IgniteServers

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

IgniteServers said: To be honest @Lee I have a crap load of customers from LET over 100+

If 5 paying customers who are members on LET using your service step forward I will apologise.

Thanked by 3ratherbak3d WHT Mridul
  • @ratherbak3d said:
    I've ran enough brands to know this, don't try to convince me otherwise. Why do people lie about the scale of their operation, it makes you look worse not better?

Obviously not enough brands I ran a promo for $0.50 with that promo I acquired well over 60+ customers from LET I know this because I ask them how they heard about my company on checkout believe it or not. So maybe you need to make one more brand and check the scale again.

• IgniteServers said: Obviously not enough brands I ran a promo for $0.50 with that promo I acquired well over 60+ customers from LET I know this because I ask them how they heard about my company on checkout believe it or not. So maybe you need to make one more brand and check the scale again.

Alright, kid.

• @ratherbak3d said:
    Alright, kid.

Geeez I'm a kid now obviously someone got offended, sorry if I offended you with the truth, but calling me a kid makes you no more of an adult, just saying.

• @Lee said:
    If 5 paying customers who are members on LET using your service step forward I will apologise.

Good idea! Remember they need to be paying customers.

@IgniteServers said:
    Not really, I would never pay for a review. I don't have money to blow like that sorry but I don't.

You didn't need to exchange money. You probably said "give me a positive review in a months time in exchange for this vps."

• That thread will serve as a nice reference...

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited October 2015

IgniteServers said: Geeez I'm a kid now obviously someone got offended, sorry if I offended you with the truth, but calling me a kid makes you no more of an adult, just saying.

Offended, no. I just realized I was wasting my time trying to give you some words of wisdom..

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Nope didn't do that either sorry, but its a nice thought but no.

• LeeLee Veteran

IgniteServers said: Obviously not enough brands I ran a promo for $0.50

Ok, so you got your now 60+ rather than 100+ users who paid $0.50, that is a freebie and they are not paying clients that I would want at least.

Any of us could fire up a server and do the same for that amount of clients.

• @Lee said:

60+ with specifically that promo, ran a couple more after that and pretty much pushed me over 100, I have other clients from other places. Some put google, some put other crap but LET is really the only option I actually look for considering its the only forum I pretty much use now a days.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

Anyways like I said if you feel the review is fishy just flag is I really don't mind I don't need a review to tell me my company is doing well, customers renewing their subscriptions tell me that.

@Nekki @Lee @iThinkUFailed

• @IgniteServers said:
    Anyways like I said if you feel the review is fishy just flag is I really don't mind.

Already did. Sorry that your plan backfired.

• If you think it was a plan hey I'm not here to change your mind or make friends I'm here for business only.

• LeeLee Veteran

IgniteServers said: Anyways like I said if you feel the review is fishy just flag is I really don't mind.

No, it's best out in the open. When people search you on Google this thread is already on page 1 so people can make up their own minds whether to use you.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Lee said:
    No, it's best out in the open. When people search you on Google this thread is already on page 1 so people can make up their own minds whether to use you.

Well that's why we have minds of our own.

• I got this too.

• LeeLee Veteran

Do it, at least you know what the review will look like.

• noamannoaman Member
    edited October 2015

People Calm Down...If you don't Like @igniteservers then you don't need to post comments related to every thread.
    I am not relate to @igniteservers but if you think he is providding crappy service just ask him for a trial vps for one day and do as much testing as you would.If the service is crappy just post a review like this so people are aware of what they are buying

FYI I am not in favour not against @igniteservers .

• @noaman said:
    People Calm Down...If you don't Like igniteservers then you don't need to post comments related to every thread.
    I am not relate to igniteservers but if you think he is providding crappy service just ask him for a trial vps for one day and do as much testing as you would.If the service is crappy just post a review like this so people are aware of what they are buying

FYI I am not in favour not against igniteservers .

Agree, I have no idea how or why IgniteServers became an issue in the first place.

I just figured the review was a copy and paste which would give the OP zero credibility, not the host. Unless, there is.. proof that IgniteServers was handling it as an inside job, which in this case I don't see any evidence of that.

• @Lee said:

Still better than MyCustomHosting.

• LeeLee Veteran

tr1cky said: Still better than MyCustomHosting.

Oh, random shots fired. Don't forget to tag the target @MCHPhil

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @Lee said:
    Oh, random shots fired. Don't forget to tag the target MCHPhil

He knows I don't like him, no need to tag him, but IgniteServers is basically MCH with RAID1 instead of RAID0.

Thanked by 1paily
  • LeeLee Veteran

tr1cky said: no need to tag him

Courtesy.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2015

I'm just wondering what the disk configuration is on that E3-1231v3 server that gives those ridiculously good I/O speeds. I thought OVH only offered SATA and 3x Soft RAID on their lower-end servers, and the plan does say Soft RAID. Then 4 Cores on their 2 Core plan, with the entire processor's power on Geekbench. Extremely generous.

Where do I sign up for the plan you got?

• @VirMach said:
    I'm just wondering what the disk configuration is on that E3-1231v3 server that gives those ridiculously good I/O speeds. I thought OVH only offered SATA and 3x Soft RAID on their lower-end servers, and the plan does say Soft RAID. Then 4 Cores on their 2 Core plan, with the entire processor's power on Geekbench. Extremely generous.

Where do I sign up for the plan you got?

looks like ploop!

• ploop. Those dd tests are even more useless with ploop.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • tr1cky said:
    IgniteServers is basically MCH with RAID1 instead of RAID0

This is actually - by mere coincidence - my ideia about IgniteServers. Please note that I don't have anything against MyCustomHosting nor IgniteServers, it's just the personality/the way they talk when I come across posts by them. I was (and I'm still) considering to give IgniteServers a try. But I personally don't trust them much, mainly due to the lack of information ("about us"). It's true the score could be (positively) influenced because he got the VPS for free, but it's not a big deal. If he's happy it's probably because IgniteServers provides a good (or at least decent) service, or at least that's what I think...

I'm not trying to attack nor defend anyone. I'm just an innocent thinker.

• Here are some useful dd tests on the same node, looks like the node is already pretty oversold:

Thanked by 2Mridul teknolaiz
  • @tr1cky said:
    Here are some useful dd tests on the same node, looks like the node is already pretty oversold:

Oversold no way we have four servers which makes up our OpenVZ network and we spread customers out over the four, none of the nodes are over 80% capacity most of the plans aren't even over 512MB.