Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Node (RAID 10 + SSD + /24) for sale. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Node (RAID 10 + SSD + /24) for sale.

13»

Comments

• @netomx said:
    I had never experienced that. I remember a time when I had a BuyVM and a CVPS, and anyone bashing CC but I maxed my home connection with CC and had <1Mbps (yes, megabit), with BuyVM. I still use my CVPS VPS

That doesn't count. You're a special kind of cupcake! ;-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Amitz said: You're a special kind of cupcake! ;-)

Thanked by 3Amitz Infinity wych
  • Thanked by 2netomx Infinity
  • netomx said: I had never experienced that. I remember a time when I had a BuyVM and a CVPS, and anyone bashing CC but I maxed my home connection with CC and had <1Mbps (yes, megabit), with BuyVM. I still use my CVPS VPS

Was that when BuyVM were actually operating out of some private office space rather than a DC?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

jbiloh said: Buffalo is a natively DDOS protected network which means the inbound download speeds on benchmarks might not be as fast as a non-protected network. That's because our DDOS protection system is making sure the traffic is clean

Bullshit, Riorey does not cause any such delays. I also have MASSIVE speed issues again (along with others) between BUF and Europe in the last days - Which you always blame on either the other side or Hibernia, but if Hibernia sucks this much why do you continue to use them?

Thanked by 2MikePT vimalware
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Was that when BuyVM were actually operating out of some private office space rather than a DC?

I don't really remember, but it should be in my comments, but 2 lazy to look for it.

• @netomx said:
    I had never experienced that. I remember a time when I had a BuyVM and a CVPS, and anyone bashing CC but I maxed my home connection with CC and had <1Mbps (yes, megabit), with BuyVM. I still use my CVPS VPS

Buffalo network is very good when it works well

Thanked by 1netomx
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@William

From my perspective, we don't have any servers directly from CC, but we have 5 E3s in Buffalo via 3rd party. Network quality is so bad that we have barely 2 serves in production right now.

Some basic numbers:
    Last week Byteshack Buffalo cancellations 49

Last week nulled for no reason: 4

Last month nulled for no reason: 6

Last month non working IPs (including yours @William) 9 and no one know reason

We will survive as always but CC should do something to increase quality of Buffalo network. I can hear only good things about their support, so they should try to translate that philosophy on your network as this will lead them no where.

my 5 cents and 100% honesty

• drserver said: Last month non working IPs (including yours @William) 9 and no one know reason

Yea that was pretty funny, i mean i would get that they nulled it for something (DDoS, typo, usual CC stuff) but then taking 2 weeks to not even remove the null (or even explain in detail why this happens, and for first not even accepting the issue at all) is pretty insane....

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Nixtren said: Probably because jbiloh showed signs that he didn't like the ideia of MrGeneral selling the server he received from him (received for free). However, MrGeneral says he actually spent money on it. So he's not actually getting any true profit from this supposed sale, but rather get some money to cover some of his $350 losses from upgrades to the server (or something like that).

That's it! But people love drama anyway, so they keep feeding it. :P

Thanked by 1Nixtren

drserver said: We will survive as always but CC should do something to increase quality of Buffalo network. I can hear only good things about their support, so they should try to translate that philosophy on your network as this will lead them no where.

Indeed, they support is excellent, but... In the other side, the network isn't that great, at all. Today I got impressive results compared to the past, but still, there's always room for improvement.

• @Nekki said:

They were operating out of @Francisco's towel-drying closet.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @evilghaleon said:
    They were operating out of Francisco's towel-drying closet.

Still more throughput than cc buffalo

Thanked by 2Francisco k0nsl
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@evilghaleon said:
    They were operating out of Francisco's towel-drying closet.

I'm trying to think of a clever addition to that but I'm sitting here laughing way too hard.

Francisco

• Would you settle for $60 @MrGeneral

• Would you settle for $70 @MrGeneral

• Would you settle for $50 @MrGeneral

• @Jonchun said:
    Would you settle for $50 MrGeneral

I'd like to submit a counter offer of $7.00 per month.

Thanked by 1DianTama
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I agree with the Buffalo network is poor sentiments. It seems to be very up and down in performance, especially to Europe

• already sold out?

• virzo said:

already sold out?

Doubt it.

@Nekki said:

Correct.

• jbiloh said: I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience in the past with ChicagoVPS. Since we purchased that company last month we've made great improvements to the customer experience and plan to continue to invest into improving the brand overall.

That's interesting. I was a BlueVM customer, agreeing to their TOS and not ChicagoVPS or ColoCrossings TOS, and a billing error caused an balance surplus in my account. These scumbags refuse to refund the money. It's clearly an invoicing/billing error. Don't believe a word they say about "improving" anything related to "customer experience". Also Chris Fabozzi changed his LinkedIn and lol surprise, he's an "account executive" at ColoCrossing. Yeah, you guys are doing so much to improve things lol...

• I'm lucky to get anything past 9.00MB/s (various US locations). It's a POS network.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

Outside of Buffalo, I've been impressed for CC - but DDoS mitigation is far from an excuse to have piss poor network quality.

Inside Buffalo, it's made me avoid them.

• Ah, well I suppose that's one way to solve the problem. They (ColoCrossing) just zeroed out the balance in my account. So they just effectively stole my money. Seems exactly in line with what Chris Fabozzi / ChicagoVPS were doing. Just plain thievery. If I don't get it resolved and my money back I'm going to file a police report with the Buffalo PD. This is completely ridiculous.