Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Node (RAID 10 + SSD + /24) for sale. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Node (RAID 10 + SSD + /24) for sale.

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Or if that was in servers previously, why didn't you take this to paypal/cc provider when they refused to help resolve the issue...?

I invested $350 total. First month was spent trying to figure out their own network issues with their NOC, asking for tickets to get escalated and such. Second month, started to bill the trials, and only a customer renewed. I had many tickets from my trial members complaining about the network.

I don't like to demand for CC disputes and such thing.
    In this case, I thought: Well, I don't see a use for this server so I'll resell it for a lower price and, if the new owner decides to keep it, he's free to. My profit would be a mere 125 USD.

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: So if you refund me the 2x $175USD I spent in your company and didn't sell VPS services due to the huge amount of tickets complaining about your shitty network, then I can surely forget this.

You had a huge amount of tickets for something you didn't sell?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mrgeneral if you are finished with the free server let me know and I'll take it down. No harm no foul.

There are thousands of customers who are very happy with our service and all of our networks. Buffalo is a natively DDOS protected network which means the inbound download speeds on benchmarks might not be as fast as a non-protected network. That's because our DDOS protection system is making sure the traffic is clean. This does not impact the outbound speeds.

Our network blend in Buffalo is a quality mix of Telia, XO, Zayo and Hibernia.

I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience in the past with ChicagoVPS. Since we purchased that company last month we've made great improvements to the customer experience and plan to continue to invest into improving the brand overall.

I wish you good luck in your search for a server that fits your needs. :)

@Lee said:
    You had a huge amount of tickets for something you didn't sell?

From trial members. You know, it's possible to send tickets in WHMCS... What's the issue with it? Are you also trying to feed the drama?

jbiloh said: @mrgeneral if you are finished with the free server let me know and I'll take it down. No harm no foul.

There are thousands of customers who are very happy with our service and all of our networks. Buffalo is a natively DDOS protected network which means the inbound download speeds on benchmarks might not be as fast as a non-protected network. That's because our DDOS protection system is making sure the traffic is clean. This does not impact the outbound speeds.

I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience in the past with ChicagoVPS. Since we purchased that company last month we've made great improvements to the customer experience and plan to continue to invest into improving the brand overall.

Fair enough. I'll then try to find something to do with this server, and will see how it performs. If the network improves, I'll surely mention it. I'm a fair guy, trust me.

• MrGeneral said: Jon, do you really want me to post some proof that you've lied here in LET about your network?

Tbh, if you've got actual proof I'm very surprised you haven't posted it already.

Thanked by 1netomx

@Nekki said:
    Tbh, if you've got actual proof I'm very surprised you haven't posted it already.

Yeah, I do. But there's no need to feed the drama further.

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: From trial members. You know, it's possible to send tickets in WHMCS... What's the issue with it? Are you also trying to feed the drama?

No, I am just enhancing and verifying the position. Which is what I thought it was.

• Well id have to say this thread took a turn for the worse, sucks for people who were actually interested in purchasing the server off you man @MrGeneral

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jbiloh said: Buffalo is a natively DDOS protected network

DDoS protection for all servers in Buffalo? wow O.o

@Lee said:

Got it, sorry Lee.

@IgniteServers said:
    Well id have to say this thread took a turn for the worse, sucks for people who were actually interested in purchasing the server off you man MrGeneral

Indeed!

In the other hand:

Network results ->

Download speed from CacheFly: 97.9MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 48.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 21.9MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.15MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 11.8MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 34.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.69MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 16.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 19.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 3.72MB/s
    I/O speed :  454 MB/s

Much better.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • @MrGeneral said:
    Yeah, I do. But there's no need to feed the drama further.

Then you should of requested a refund from ChicagoVPS if that's who you bought it through.

@jbiloh: Now that ColoCrossing is in control of ChicagoVPS why not investigate his issues further? See what went wrong, where and why...?

While $350 down the drain is kinda shitty you still got a dedicated server free for two months which is very generous regardless.

@IgniteServers said:
    Well id have to say this thread took a turn for the worse, sucks for people who were actually interested in purchasing the server off you man MrGeneral

While you say it took a turn for the worse the entire thread started off on a bad foot because of him trying to sell something which was granted for free to him.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    While you say it took a turn for the worse the entire thread started off on a bad foot because of him trying to sell something which was granted for free to him.

I see how that would set things to go downhill, well ill continue my convo via PM this thread is to hostile for my liking lol.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@MrGeneral said:
    My profit would be a mere 125 USD.

You invest $350 in this server and if you sell it for $125 you make $125 in profit?
    With only one trial user that continued after they trial, I don't understand your math on this. Could you elaborate?

@mikho said:
    With only one trial user that continued after they trial, I don't understand your math on this. Could you elaborate?

I still end up getting something, not profit, you're correct mikho.

• Shameless Mr "el cheapo" General stikes again! :) Full of shit as always.

• LeeLee Veteran

@GuanYu said:
    Shameless Mr "el cheapo" General stikes again! :) Full of shit as always.

Hey @spirit.

@GuanYu said:
    Shameless Mr "el cheapo" General stikes again! :) Full of shit as always.

Who are you?

@Lee said:

Not @Spirit, he's a nice guy, and this one is just someone I don't know.

But being called Mr el cheapo General is pretty nice!

• MrGeneral said: But being called Mr el cheapo General is pretty nice!

It's not really.

• At least not in the same sentence with "full of shit as always".

• MunMun Member

@jbiloh said:
    mrgeneral if you are finished with the free server let me know and I'll take it down. No harm no foul.

No Biloh, your Buffallo network really does suck, and no you haven't done shit for CVPS. Ernie has, but not you. I have used many, and I mean many providers with CC (maybe you never knew) and all had common issues with the network. Many times the network couldn't push data out at a reasonable rate and so it came to a crawl. Dial-up was faster in many cases. Sadly, pure he.net from datashack had better performance. The common excuse from you was it is the provider. The provider of course said it was you, and both sides agreed never to get it fixed.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Amitz said: At least not in the same sentence with "full of shit as always".

Seriously man, you fucking crack me up.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Nekki said:
    Seriously man, you fucking crack me up

I am just a humble jester trying to cheer up my king. Nothing else matters! :-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I can second that CC's Bufallo network is crap, Period.
    But I can't understand why it took you 2 months to test their network? And since it was for business purposes then you should have surely went for smaller test server or looked out for reviews.
    Another thing, since Bufallo's network isn't performing well for you then why are you still finding a way to use this?

• @jbiloh said:
    Buffalo is a natively DDOS protected network which means the inbound download speeds on benchmarks might not be as fast as a non-protected network. That's because our DDOS protection system is making sure the traffic is clean.

That's BS. Reliablesite / Reliableservers provides ddos protection for all their customers for free and yet, the full bandwidth is always available, ie. 1Gbe Full Duplex.

• NixtrenNixtren Member
    edited October 2015

So drama, so cool

@Sady said:
    Another thing, since Bufallo's network isn't performing well for you then why are you still finding a way to use this?

Probably because jbiloh showed signs that he didn't like the ideia of MrGeneral selling the server he received from him (received for free). However, MrGeneral says he actually spent money on it. So he's not actually getting any true profit from this supposed sale, but rather get some money to cover some of his $350 losses from upgrades to the server (or something like that).

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I feel bad. I use CVPS on Buffalo and NEVER had a network or VPS problem with them... am I on a special node, my VPS is really a BuyVM or other people expect to have 1Gbps to China and if not, complain?

• MunMun Member

@netomx said:
    I feel bad. I use CVPS on Buffalo and NEVER had a network or VPS problem with them... am I on a special node, my VPS is really a BuyVM or other people expect to have 1Gbps to China and if not, complain?

I never expected 1 gig to anywhere. However, dial-up speeds aren't really something that should be happening at all between two servers in the same geographical area.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Mun said:

I had never experienced that. I remember a time when I had a BuyVM and a CVPS, and anyone bashing CC but I maxed my home connection with CC and had <1Mbps (yes, megabit), with BuyVM. I still use my CVPS VPS