Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Node (RAID 10 + SSD + /24) for sale.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Node (RAID 10 + SSD + /24) for sale.

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited October 2015 in General

Hello,

Got this server for sale:

E3 1270v2
32GB RAM
4x2TB HDD + 120GB SSD, HW RAID 10 (1GB Cache)
10TB BW
/24 Subnet

CC @ Buffalo

It'll go for $125. Still have 50 days left.
First person PM'ing gets it.

Edit: Renewal is $175. Since the server is rent directly with CC you can probably get a discount.

Comments

• you forgot the monthly recurring.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jonchun said:
    you forgot the monthly recurring.

Oh, right, sorry! It's $175, however, this is directly with CC so you can probably work out a discount.

I asked William to post it, as I wasn't at home, didn't really have time to post it tho! :)

• Is this the server you got from Jon, for free?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1272188/#Comment_1272188

Thanked by 3J1021 0xdragon Pwner

@Brad said:
    Is this the server you got from Jon, for free?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1272188/#Comment_1272188

That is correct. However, do note that I paid 2x175$, and the trial didn't go well, mostly because the network wasn't that great. Therefore, was a 350$ loss.

• You are selling a server and saying it has bad network ?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Flogging a dead horse?

• wow i'm shocked, I thought you were going to sell VPSes but youve just let the FREE server sit.

• MrGeneral said: the trial didn't go well, mostly because the network

Ask to change to chicago

• May I ask what is the subnet for the IP block? Is it blocked?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Trying to sell a free server given as a courtesy..

• May I ask exactly why your selling the server, I was looking into co-lo at CC or buying a server so I might be interested.

I think it's safe to say @mrgeneral likes to tinker with things and doesn't have a clear vision as to whether he wants to enter the industry as a hosting company or not.

• LeeLee Veteran

@IgniteServers said:
    May I ask exactly why your selling the server, I was looking into co-lo at CC or buying a server so I might be interested.

Read!

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: That is correct. However, do note that I paid 2x175$, and the trial didn't go well

You could not have figured that out in the first, free 2 months?

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@Lee said:

@MrGeneral can you be a bit more specific as to what you mean by the network not being great?

• LeeLee Veteran

IgniteServers said: @MrGeneral can you be a bit more specific as to what you mean by the network not being great?

There you go, a little effort goes a long way.

• @Lee said:
    There you go, a little effort goes a long way.

A little extra effort in the OP and I wouldn't have to ask this question in the first place.

• @jbiloh said:

Honestly it was generous of you to give it to him and it's rude of him to try to sell it - I just hope whomever actually takes it up doesn't cause you payment issues etc.

• jbiloh said: Trying to sell a free server given as a courtesy..

You're under no obligation to allow him sell it, and it doesn't seem like you'd want to retain his custom.

Thanked by 2IThinkUFailed netomx

@jbiloh said:

Ah, so let's see.

So if you refund me the 2x $175USD I spent in your company and didn't sell VPS services due to the huge amount of tickets complaining about your shitty network, then I can surely forget this.

I won't sell this server, but trust me, I won't ever use CC. You gave me the server because you felt bad due to the fact that your network sucks and you know it. You have a huge capacity available but your routing team doesn't do a great job. The only bad thing @ CC is the network, yet, you're happy with it because you have thousands of customers who don't complain, simply because they know nothing about network and they're fine with it. Note that I used to work for a company who has thousands of servers with you, and its network performance was exactly the same as now. You have no right to attack me when you know that you've posted a lot of shit, blaming other transit providers for things that are your own fault.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers

@linuxthefish said:
    Ask to change to chicago

I don't think they let me. Not only they gave me an inferior server that didn't match the E5 + 64GB RAM I had, and SSD size as well, that they still deployed it in the same shitty network. I tried to sell it because there's probably someone who would use it anyway, or put it simple "would be fine with it":

I refuse to provide such network.

@Nekki said:
    You're under no obligation to allow him sell it, and it doesn't seem like you'd want to retain his custom.

Nekki, I won't sell it, but I won't give it a use as well. Network still performs horrible. Jon doesn't care about me, all he cares about is PR.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi

@Lee said:
    You could not have figured that out in the first, free 2 months?

Lee, one month was spent batteling with CVPS / CC NOC team, and they kept saying that their network was fine. I lost 350 USD with it and no one is going to pay me back. Also, this server doesn't match the original specs.

@IgniteServers said:
    A little extra effort in the OP and I wouldn't have to ask this question in the first place.

The network sucks, period. May be fine for some VPS providers, but I sure would not provide it for further clients, that's why I decided to fully end the trial and didn't attempt a second time. I provide WebHosting @ Portugal and have many satisfied clients, these are hosted in excellent networks, and I don't get a single complain.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers

@mrgeneral, please be truthful in your responses. You were never a customer of ColoCrossing directly. You had a server, through a reseller in the past.

I offered you a server for free for a few months to be friendly. Nothing more than that.

If you do not wish to use the server I will reclaim it now. Please let me know.

Thank you

Sure thing, perhaps if he refunds the 2x $175 USD I'll be fine with it... If you had spent a month working with their team, trying to fix their own network routes, then you'd understand me. It was a total loss.

• @MrGeneral said:
    Lee, one month was spent batteling with CVPS / CC NOC team, and they kept saying that their network was fine. I lost 350 USD with it and no one is going to pay me back. Also, this server doesn't match the original specs.

You know you could have multiple replies in one post...

You could raise this with billing and try and work out a solution or something... If you knew you weren't going to use it because of the network why invest $350 into it?

Or if that was in servers previously, why didn't you take this to paypal/cc provider when they refused to help resolve the issue...?

Thanked by 1netomx

jbiloh said: @mrgeneral, please be truthful in your responses. You were never a customer of ColoCrossing directly. You had a server, through a reseller in the past.

I offered you a server for free for a few months to be friendly. Nothing more than that.

If you do not wish to use the server I will reclaim it now. Please let me know.

Thank you

Jon, do you really want me to post some proof that you've lied here in LET about your network? I can shed you some light... Hibernia last recent issues... Where my server wasn't routing through it to the end-point, but you still insist it was... You've been ignoring many replies that show you the truth and end up posting something else...
    I bought it from CVPS, which is the company you bought, still, the profits, in some sort, ended in your company, haven't they?

For now, I do not have a use for the server, but I will find out.