Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google kills off free GApps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google kills off free GApps

ChanChan Member
edited December 2012 in General

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/changes-to-google-apps-for-businesses.html
Starting today, existing uses wouldn't be affected. Sounds like I'm going to have to treasure my old GApps account lol

Comments

• I am so lucky, I got one yesterday. :)

• Thank god I still have my old, old 50 user account.

• Maybe it's a good chance for Microsoft to grow...

• I have mine; I'm good.

• I was about to cancel one. Better stick to it now :P

• @seikan said: Maybe it's a good chance for Microsoft to grow...

This: http://www.domains.live.com/
    with the new web Outlook couldn't be that bad :D

• that just not good...glad still have my old 100users acc...hope,I'm really hope they never take that back...

• 500 users here, aww ye for being an ancient user.

• Aww that sucks, lucky I have my free account.

To be honest it's worth paying for, all the stuff you get and it's fairly well priced per user.

• comcatscomcats Member
    edited December 2012

So I planned to get one for a small group. Left the computer on the signup page for a while to have dinner. Hmm, I come back, press F5 because the page appeared to be screwed up and then...

...loading seems to take forever...

...redirects to Google Apps home!!! (rages for not bothering to do it earlier)

• Mine is 2k accounts :D

• 10 users still free right?

• @jcaleb said: 10 users still free right?

If you haven't signed up already it's not free anymore.

• i was actually considering GoogleApps on my new domain name, oh well, I guess it's back to Roundcube (I like this interface, btw) or mail forwarders.

• I have:

1 x 500
    2 x 100

many x 10

now, can't create any free account now.

domains.live.com will be popular later.

• still have 50 and 100 users here.

• fanfan Veteran

I got one 200 and one 2000 account, should be enough for all my domains to be added as alias. xD

• ^

I added all my domains as aliases to the 500 one <_<'

• Google voice still free for new users? Heard it's going to be payed as well not sure

• hope there is lowend google apps. 50$ is a bit pricey

• @jcaleb said: hope there is lowend google apps. 50$ is a bit pricey

It's supposed to be for businesses; they encourage regular users to just create a Google Account.

• @gubbyte said: It's supposed to be for businesses; they encourage regular users to just create a Google Account.

Its just cool to have your domain for personal use =) I'm willing to pay, but on smaller budget

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited December 2012

This might be a good news and opportunity for LEB providers.
    Don't you think so? :)

• Starting today, existing uses wouldn't be affected. Sounds like I'm going to have to treasure my old GApps account lol

woah didn't see that one coming at all!

Luckily dozens of my domains have google apps (50 user ones) on them :)

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited December 2012

Are these google app accounts with high user counts able to be sold? I have a google apps account with 10 users for my personal domain name. I was going to create one for the business as well, but at $50 per user that is WAY too expensive.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

I'm upset they got rid of this, even though I still have a number of accounts on the network. (10-user accounts)

• finally the day coming :)

• OMG,
    I've never heard of GApps, what are these?
    never mind since they no longer exist. :)

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited December 2012

If it's real (note some fake google stories earlier this year), it doesn't affect existing users.

"Please note this change has no impact on our existing customers, including those using the free version."

• Time to start using your own then. I'm starting to dislike gmail anyway.