Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which nameservers do you use? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which nameservers do you use?

Comments

• dns.he.net

• @ztec said: My domainname provider's nameservers are good, why is everyone using something else? Some are on cloudflare to speed up some sites that are intended for USA public but are hosted in Europe.

(I hope the quoting comes out right)
    In my case, my domain name registrar (*.ar domains) doesn't give you a nameserver, they ask you to give them 2-4 IPs of nameservers and they delegate the dns to those dns providers. Since I don't trust myself to host my own nameserver (noob), and also I don't own more than 1 vps to have a failsafe option, I have to use someone else's nameservers

I really apreciate all the input provided, cloudfare seems a really good service, the "always online" feature is really good to mantain page rank & traffic (google and visitors don't like the 404 page)

• CloudFlare, MyDomain, Namecheap

• I'm using both CloudFlare and ZoneEdit. But are great.

• Cloudflare all the way. Free aswell..

• Used to use Afraid.org, but they were constantly going down. Moved to HE.net and have not had a single issue since.

• I use ns1 and ns2

:D

• I use Afraid.org, CloudFlare, He.net, Zoneedit and also a few own node

• @adly - doesn't help what? Your confidence in them? Highly doubt that is an indicator of anything except probably a good business decision (if their service goes down system-wide by some catastrophic circumstance, then they don't have to jump thru some dns hoops to still communicate with customers).. bear in mind this is just my own conjecture of course and could be completely off-base.

• I'm using He.net now. Since CloudFlare is not good enough for me, random downtime

• I'm using dnspod。

• I register my domain with hover, so I use my DNS there too.

• cloudflare. :D

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited December 2012

Google DNS for my personal usage.

For LoomHosts we use Buyvm and our own name servers.

BuyVM is pretty good, I guess.

• Cloudflare. Decent service so far for free, I used afraid.org previously, but I found Cloudflare to be slicker and easier to use.

• I use ClouDNS. They're great.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

why not install bind/tinydns/powerdns/etc and register your own dns with the domain provider, configure the nameserver and then use your own!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I use my registrar's, because I'm lazy and my needs are modest.

When I did my own, I used nsd3 - very simple to setup if all you need is authoritative records.

• I use Zerigo for all of my websites

• Cloudflare for everything. It's slick, easy to use, extremely reliable, extremely fast, has a decent API, and has a optional CDN.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Cloudflare, and my own currently. Soon to be Rage4

• I use Cloudflare

• he.net really top notch for me

• @raindog308 said: I use my registrar's, because I'm lazy and my needs are modest.

i use internetbs DNS. but when i transferred to namecheap because of promo, once successful, internetbs DNS does not work anymore.

my point is just better to use 3rd party, in such circumstances you switch registrar, its seamless. no need to configure again.

• PointHQ and self-hosted.

I always thought PointHQ is/was the choice of LET member, but it'd appear HE.net is now actually the one. I'm using HE's IPv6 tunneling, which has always been robust, so I'm going to assume that would be also the case with their DNS service.

Willing to try HE for next project :)

• Is PointHQ good?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb - you can try Rage4 DNS :)

• @gbshouse said: @jcaleb - you can try Rage4 DNS :)

that is given. i heard its the best!

• WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited December 2012

Is PointHQ good?

IMHO it has decent interface :)
    rage4 dns seems to be nice too

• Internet.bs and NameCheap