Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner - I am impressed! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner - I am impressed!

1235»

Comments

• Mathias said: It is indeed a nice box, but performance wise I don't see much different with the i7 3770 boxes

I agree the 3770 are veerrry decent cpus too. though that i7-3930 should offer slightly more performance and comes with 6 cores rather than 4 ... in addition to that 64GB RAM I do find that very suitable for doing KVM on such a box ;-)

Mathias said: Next order will be some 4x4TB love cause it's the cheapest storage server host with decent enough cpu (i7 2700/3770)

who wouldn't agree to that ;-)

• robinjoo1robinjoo1 Member
    edited August 2016

i hope to get mine to soon i ordered yesterday and today i got an email asking for id and i sent it rightaway hope they process it right away on monday
    server i hope to get
    1 x Dedicated Root Server SB48
    * Intel Xeon E3-1275 - Red.PS
    * 2x HDD 3,0 TB SATA
    * 4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3 ECC
    * Redundante Stromversorgung über zwei Netzteile
    * NIC 1000Mbit
    * - Intel 82574L
    * KVM-over-IP Remote Management

when do you get robot login ? after they have accepted me ?

• Remember they do not work on weekends.

• @robinjoo1 said:

>

when do you get robot login ? after they have accepted me ?

as far as I remember the answer is yes. give their sales department time to process your documents tomorrow, I am sure things will then work out as expected.
    AFAIK they do block the ordered server for you, so no risk for it getting taken by someone else ;-)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2016

Ouch, I hate my expensive hobby... :-/

Now that I have no more problems with Proxmox on a Hetzner server (Thanks to the wonderful help from @Falzo <3), I could not resist buying that HW-RAID-10 server on their Serverboerse:

E3-1245v2,
    32 GB ECC RAM,
    4x2 TB HDD in HW-Raid-10 (LSI MegaRaid),
    30 TB BW on 1 Gbps
    for EUR 49,58 per month (excluding VAT).

Nice machine, having fun with it and my private Proxmox VMs... :-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited August 2016

where is the help from @Falzo care to post a guide?

• @robinjoo1 said:

posted something over there: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/90455/need-help-with-proxmox-kvm-on-a-hetzner-server

please keep in mind, that this was regarding kvm bridged setup single addon IPs with a linux (debian) guest.

there are multiple slightly different setup possibilities if you want to use a subnet or every IP of a subnet, routed setup, NAT and so on - so this might only be a start of things ;-)

• Falzo said: I agree the 3770 are veerrry decent cpus too. though that i7-3930 should offer slightly more performance and comes with 6 cores rather than 4

It's never fast enough if you need to encode 5TB of media to x265 :P

• my server got activated :D

• is it normal that i must reply to tickets via email and not an online ticket history system ? i can only create new tickets in the robot

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2016

@robinjoo1 said:
    is it normal that i must reply to tickets via email and not an online ticket history system ? i can only create new tickets in the robot

Yes, this is normal. You create the ticket via robot and follow-up via eMail. A bit old-school, but it works.

edited August 2016

wow what a speed for such a low price installing windows via my permanent lantronix kvm spider is a bit slow but overall im impressed

and +1 for setup on sunday

Thanked by 1Mathias