Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Dedibox Limited 1115 is back - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Dedibox Limited 1115 is back

124»

Comments

• @tomle said:
    Anyone swapping their 2x2TB for my 2x450GB SAS?

For all of you having issues with IPv6, try this: https://github.com/outime/ipv6-dhclient-script

I had to change in my /etc/network/interfaces so that it read ::1 instead of :: after the script ran.

Do you have a link tutorial about setting up websites behind NAT on proxmox with a online dedi?

• Gave in earlier and got one of the SAS boxes.

• @ahmiq said:
    Do you have a link tutorial about setting up websites behind NAT on proxmox with a online dedi?

https://raymii.org/s/tutorials/Proxmox_VE_One_Public_IP.html

Thanked by 2ahmiq mpkossen
  • @Lee said:
    Gave in earlier and got one of the SAS boxes.

You weak. Me disappoint. ;-)

Thanked by 2Lee netomx
  • @Amitz said:

I am disappointed in myself, I don't your help.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I got one of the SATA boxes earlier today. I couldn't pass this up again. Time to get rid of my expensive SYS box.

• Anyone succeeded in solving the SpamRats Dyna blacklist problem

@ZweiTiger I've sent you PM

• To be honest, this is the easy part. Same so with getting an internal network running and accessing it using OpenVPN.

I'm still looking for a proper tutorial for their IPv6, but I guess it's up to me to write one then :-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @mpkossen said:
    I'm still looking for a proper tutorial for their IPv6, but I guess it's up to me to write one then :-)

There is a tutorial bounty program over there at LET. You should post it there - It's a harsh and cold place, but you may like it anyway. ;-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Just be prepared for it to be torn to pieces by people who never tried it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Might actually use this SAS box a go with NAT, what or is there a decent cheap control panel that is easy to configure with NAT? Not that keen on Promox but if it's the best I will use it.

• @Lee said:
    Might actually use this SAS box a go with NAT, what or is there a decent cheap control panel that is easy to configure with NAT? Not that keen on Promox but if it's the best I will use it.

Proxmox is probably the friendliest free option for management. Virtualizor licenses are fairly cheap though if you want to go that route. NAT setup will still require some manual work each time either way you go I think.

Thanked by 2Lee netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

mikeyur said: NAT setup will still require some manual work each time either way you go I think.

Yeah, I don't mind having to configure each one, just wanted something to take the majority of the set up burden away and have an easy way to monitor things.

Having said that I am so used to using OVZ on the command line it's probably not much of a saving.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @Lee you can just apt-get install lxc and tadaa anything you create will be behind NAT (outgoing already enabled). Now just forward the ports to the instances you want with iptables..

Thanked by 1Lee
  • 4n0nx said: @Lee you can just apt-get install lxc and tadaa anything you create will be behind NAT (outgoing already enabled). Now just forward the ports to the instances you want with iptables..

Good shout actually, I have been meaning to look at LXC.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @Lee said:
    Good shout actually, I have been meaning to look at LXC.

If you do, let me know how mature is has gotten. When I tried it about two years ago it lacked some of the important features.

If you're not stuck on OVZ, you could use Cloudmin with Xen or KVM. I believe the layout is going to be upgraded soon as well.

SolusVM is of course another option. It's not such an expensive option either to be honest, though it's not the most flexible option.

• mpkossen said: If you do, let me know how mature is has gotten. When I tried it about two years ago it lacked some of the important features.

It works well. I don't know about security, if it's still easier than openvz for an attacker to make it up to the host system, but it works nicely and easily.

There is a tutorial (in french - but commands are the same and google translate does a fine job) to enable ipv6 (using dibbler) in each LXC instance here: https://blog.bandinelli.net/index.php?post/2013/11/10/Installation-et-paramétrage-d-une-serveur-avec-containers-LXC-chez-Online.net/Dedibox

Have fun :)

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • chrisp said: And again the bandwidth details are misleading:

I read "Internet bandwidth guaranteed" as the speed, that can be expected all the time. But recently we had a long discussion because what it really means is "if you use more than 200 mbit/s we will ask you to stop it". Why on earth wouldn't you just write "Internet bandwidth allowed" :(

It does look like they could have just written "guaranteed bandwidth over a month x2 TB traffic" http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1289756/#Comment_1289756