Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Dedibox Limited 1115 is back - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Dedibox Limited 1115 is back

Comments

• @ZweiTiger said:
    I want to change mine too because its on the Rats Dyna. And cannot be delisted.

(: I've already sent a "reclassification" request to them for my IP, you can try it as well.
    Also Online.net said they're working on it so...

I previously wanted an IP change and has been told it's impossible for them.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

ZweiTiger said: Hmm.. Thats not good. I want to change mine too because its on the Rats Dyna. And cannot be delisted.

Nomad said: I previously wanted an IP change and has been told it's impossible for them.

IIRC the IP is linked to the server ID - So only way to change it would be to cancel it and reorder. HW replacement does not give new IP either as ID stays the same.

• @Nomad said:

I sent you a PM about this!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

William said: HW replacement does not give new IP either as ID stays the same.

In my experience with kidechires on a HW replacement (such as due to a bad HDD) you do get a server with new ID and IP, and the old one is removed from your account.

Now of couse it's not justified to ask for a HW replacement just because of some random spam list.

Also the spam lists work by ranges, most likely the whole subnet for this offer is affected (as we can see 2 people with the same problem posted above), so there is no point trying to switch IPs either.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FWIW this is a great deal. I was lucky enough to grab one of the first offerings, and it has been running ever since without problems. I got the 2x450 one.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    With the SAS disks its great as a VMWare ESXi host, currently running around 10 VMs on mine.

How did you handle networking with VMWare ESXi?

• mpkossen said: How did you handle networking with VMWare ESXi?

he could run NAT ?

http://blog.romant.net/technology/configuring-nat-on-esx-and-esxi/

• al3xtal3xt Member
    edited September 2015

SATA is back in stock!
    Apparently wrong link..

• all gone

• @arpanjot said:
    all gone

Still shows 1 available 1215 on my screen :P

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • mpkossen said: How did you handle networking with VMWare ESXi?

Like this:

Basically the ESXi host is using the normal IP address provisioned with the server, the router VM (VyOS) uses a failover IP for its WAN interface. Every other VM is NATed behind the router VM.

You can also do this setup without a failover address by having the router use the server's IP on the WAN interface and having ESXi listen on the internal switch only. The problem with this is that you need to mess around in iLo if the router VM breaks since you can't access the hypervisor directly.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • gsrdgrdghd said: Basically the ESXi host is using the normal IP address provisioned with the server, the router VM (VyOS) uses a failover IP for its WAN interface. Every other VM is NATed behind the router VM.

You can also do this setup without a failover address by having the router use the server's IP on the WAN interface and having ESXi listen on the internal switch only. The problem with this is that you need to mess around in iLo if the router VM breaks since you can't access the hypervisor directly.

Thanks! Interesting!

Are you using IPv6 or just IPv4?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Could use one with the SATA drives for backups...

• @isaacl said:
    mpkossen - this might help: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1235926/#Comment_1235926
    Only tried IPv4 though.

I'm really looking for IPv6. I've got solutions for IPv4. Their IPv6 implementation is just "different" and their documentation seems to be out-of-date.

• mpkossen said: Are you using IPv6 or just IPv4?

Getting IPv6 to work is a pain in the ass due to Online.net's strange implementation, i got it working at one point but gave up on redistributing subnets to the VMs.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @bene_online Will we see anymore 1115?

• @mpkossen said:
    I'm really looking for IPv6. I've got solutions for IPv4. Their IPv6 implementation is just "different" and their documentation seems to be out-of-date.

Their IPv6 implementation doesn't work stable.

I occasionally get no route errors all of a sudden.

Hope you figure it better.

But at least @rm_ 's method works.

• @Nomad said:
    Their IPv6 implementation doesn't work stable.

Can confirm that. I followed @earl's how-to.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Getting IPv6 to work is a pain in the ass due to Online.net's strange implementation, i got it working at one point but gave up on redistributing subnets to the VMs.

Yeah, it's ironic. They seem to understand part of the concept of IPV6 given the fact they provide you with a /48, but then they fuck up from there on.

Thanked by 1scy
  • outimeoutime Member
    edited September 2015

For people having problems setting up IPv6 ( @mpkossen, @gsrdgrdghd, ...), I made this script some time ago that might be useful in some cases: https://github.com/outime/ipv6-dhclient-script

• Glad to see it wasn't just me having problems with their IPv6 stability.

• scyscy Member
    edited September 2015

outime said: For people having problems setting up IPv6 ( @mpkossen, @gsrdgrdghd, ...), I made this script some time ago that might be useful in some cases: https://github.com/outime/ipv6-dhclient-script

Nice, did you try your script with visualization too?

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2015

gsrdgrdghd said: Getting IPv6 to work is a pain in the ass due to Online.net's strange implementation, i got it working at one point but gave up on redistributing subnets to the VMs.

+1, I have individual IP's working but cant break a /56 into /64's on VM's.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

gsrdgrdghd said: Getting IPv6 to work is a pain in the ass due to Online.net's strange implementation

It's not "strange", it's arguably the correct way to automatically assign a prefix to a server (DHCPv6-PD) without having everyone statically configure them.

Another question is if people should be using DHCP at all in the DCs (with IPv4 many do!), or if it's a "server", then you must set up all IPs and routes manually as static.

Nomad said: Their IPv6 implementation doesn't work stable.

Well not really. It does work okay once you get everything set up. For the record here's my DHCPv6 HOWTO. Sometimes the DHCPv6 server does have some trouble, but so far that's something I briefly saw maybe once in several months, IIRC most of those cases were explained as "router issues" in status.online.net, so one could think that those issues were solved one by one and from now on it will be more reliable.

• rm_ said: It's not "strange", it's arguably the correct way to automatically assign a prefix to a server (DHCPv6-PD) without having everyone statically configure them.

It's complicated nonetheless. I've had plenty of servers where it's been considerably easier to set up IPv6 and to use the whole subnet for virtualization.

• uptime 20:22:03 up 76 days, 2:17, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Got one the first time this deal was around, no issues, no downtime. It's been pretty great.

• hey i got one the 1st time they was on offer. great server! this was the sas i have in raid0

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Anyone swapping their 2x2TB for my 2x450GB SAS?

For all of you having issues with IPv6, try this: https://github.com/outime/ipv6-dhclient-script

I had to change in my /etc/network/interfaces so that it read ::1 instead of :: after the script ran.

Thanked by 2outime ahmiq