Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPAD vs ChicagoVPS - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPAD vs ChicagoVPS

124»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@CVPS_Chris said: I said the DB leak had nothing to do with the hack

That makes the question as to why no notification of the DB leak was received via e-mail, even more interesting.

• But doesn't CC have miracle DDoS service? Isn't that what drove LEB/LET from Linode to CC?

Oh wait, CC doesn't have DDoS protect ability. Must be hundreds of VPS providers on their network. When it breaks, going to make a giant f'n boom.

• what are the common reason why your vps will be suspended in urpad and how long? @urpad

• @grayfuz said: what are the common reason why your vps will be suspended in urpad and how long? @urpad

Typically it would be things that violate our TOS. If it was severe enough and warrantied a suspension instead of just a notice you'd be notified of why your server was suspended, we'd discuss options on how to proceed and work to get everything resolved quickly.

• ATHKATHK Member

@manndude very true, although I never receive a notice of a VPS being suspended.

• @ATHK said: @manndude very true, although I never receive a notice of a VPS being suspended.

What's the ticket # of this? Anyone who has access to suspend should notify, and are instructed to notify upon suspension. There have been times in the past where this did not happen and it created a headache for both us and the client, but it's something we've been actively enforcing with our staff now to save everyone from confusion.

• @MannDude, thanks.. what are the common reasons why they are suspended?

@athk, what did you do to be suspended?

• ATHKATHK Member

@grayfuz client was hosting a "game server" according to Urpad but really they are just small applications they write that may or may not use a lot of CPU, which is why I use CPUlimit, but sometimes I forget to install it lol.

@MannDude doesn't matter mate, hasn't happened in a long time.

• @athk okay did you receive a warning email or message from them?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@MannDude :)

then

• ATHKATHK Member

@grayfuz nope :(

• MunMun Member

Dat poor poor horse, ohh wait.... CVPS is beating a dead horse... I GET IT.... so dense.

• edited March 2013

LOL @DewlanceVPS

You've never been a URPad customer, not at least under any of the known names we know of yours. Not sure about CVPS but certainly someone could have a look.

I think you're the one beating a dead horse, mad because a customer of ours hosts a site on a URPad VPS that lists providers who are scammers, use nulled billing software, etc. Dewlance was featured on this site several times, therefore he attacks us.

T'is a pitty.

EDIT: I'm not claiming Dewlance does any of that now. But he does have a history.

• MunMun Member
    edited March 2013

thanks to @jarland hehe :D

Dis is catchy.... Hmm Loop time :D

• zxsdwzxsdw Member

Urpad and ChicagoVPS is not a grade.

I prefer URPAD

• urpad is best, i have w vps from them, support is great.

• URPAD and CHICHAGOVPS They are is amazing with good server performance

• I agree with @wendell, urpad has I think the best support so far.

• what are the urpads latest promos ?