Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its people like this that ruin the LEB market. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Its people like this that ruin the LEB market.

Comments

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2011

What about intoVPS? they have written there own panel as well :)

• @Aldryic said: @NordicVPS said: success of SolusVM.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Maybe I should have used the word : Popularity rather than success ;)

• @VMPort They never been exposed on LEB so did not count them in. Back in old days I had VPS's with a company who have created their own control panel and had great success since only competition was Virtuzzzo.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited November 2011

@NordicVPS said: You no longer provides or accepts customers on the VMWare platform, right?

Correct, all Frantech clients on VMWare were either migrated to the FT-OVZ products, or generously refunded at their discretion. At that point, Frantech and BuyVM offered the exact same lineup; the difference was that BuyVM is targeted towards experienced linux users, and software was unsupported.

@NordicVPS said: Presumably, you already had experience from hosting even before the set up of Frantech.ca business, like most new start ups ;)

Surprisingly, no. Aside from Fran's experience with the DeltaAnime, daT, and eAthena communities, Frantech was our first experience with public hosting.

@NordicVPS said: Not having fully owned infrastructure and lack of support personnel.

Excessive staff leads to a whole new set of problems. Currently, with ~70 nodes and over 5500 active clients, our dedicated support team consists of myself and Anthony. Fran handles pretty much all of the PR. The trick isn't to necessarily bring in new people, but to organize what you have into an effective schedule.

EDIT: Another prime example is Hostigation. Tim looks to be doing a solid job with his support, and he runs a one-man show.

@NordicVPS said: Only RAMHOST have a true home brewed control panel ;)

Excuse me? The only thing un-original about Stallion is that we made the client-side look as much like Solus as we could. Pending the upcoming release of our new design, this was done pretty much for client convenience.

• @Aldryic said: Another prime example is Hostigation. Tim looks to be doing a solid job with his support, and he runs a one-man show.

There is something to be said for us pre-bubble folks. (dot com bubble of 2000)

• I'm sorry but does anyone else have a problem with:

@NordicVPS: I would not call VMPort.com a reputable provider, yet :)

Your ASS is BANNED from LEB.

• @drmike said: I'm sorry but does anyone else have a problem with

I was just trying to stay civil, honestly. He's right though, clients should research a company before signing on. So we should all do our part in helping everyone avoid signing up with a company that has a known history of dumping their clients.

• I was just trying to stay civil

I tried that once and your boss is the one who went nuts. :)

• I know, isn't it fun? XD

• @drmike said: Your ASS is BANNED from LEB.

My comment is due the fact VMPort is the op of this thread. If we deny any < 1 year old company on LEB, start ups like VMPort would not get listed on LEB.

Did you have personnel experience with our services?

LEA have chosen not to list us, its his choice as the administrator and I accept his decision.

But we are still in business while many have reached deadpool or done a runner. We did neither.

We have even provided minimum 2 months to all customers who experienced the severe downtime, due disk crash and unforeseen problems the hardware RMA.

To avoid future problems, all new servers are have upgraded with Battery backup units.

• @Aldryic We have not dumped customers.

Everyone have been provided months of free service and to avoid further problems, we have discontinued the $15/year VPS offer in Germany.

• @NordicVPS said: Everyone have been provided months of free service and to avoid further problems, we have discontinued the $15/year VPS offer in Germany.

I don't recall naming you when I made that statement. Guilty conscience?

Your claim cannot really be proven or disproven without revealing confidential client records. But if I were to go off of all of the posts here and elsewhere? I'm disinclined to believe it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@NordicVPS said: My comment is due the fact VMPort is the op of this thread. If we deny any < 1 year old company on LEB, start ups like VMPort would not get listed on LEB.

While I do my best to not criticize LEA while in his own house, he did have a policy that he didn't list yearly deals on new hosts. It's easy to get 'aged' hosting domains, uptimevps was obviously a very prime example. Do you think they were operating for the years they claimed? Of course not.

Personally, if LEA was making enough off this to be a job for him, then i'd love it if hosting companies would have to justify their pricing. While LEA gives his own 'deadpool candidate' tagging, you alas get a lot of people that can barely speak english that scrape his site and get bit by it. It's not LEA's fault at all, just we'd see a lot less deadpoolers (I think at least).

As for if Aldryic had service or not - Nope, but our IRC channel is big enough and has a large enough sampling size that we can pretty much dump any company name in there and get multiple replies about how they are, etc. When you rolled your $15/y's under the Nordic brand so soon after we rolled out that whole market, you were able to...ahem...pray on a lot of the 'left over scraps'. Many of those people simply didn't bother renewing with you and picked up with us during one of the many rounds we've done. You got off the hook lucky in the end since you gambled on if dumping the users and the subnet(s) at egi would help save your brand. It did but at the cost of your rep on here and WHT some (especially with spirit around >_>)

Francisco

• @Francisco Thanks for your feedback.

Of course, BuyVM have had a huge success, thanks to the LEB community.

We as many other LEB providers are here to provide competition, so I followed up on your $15/year deal.

But our set up was tuned for XEN offers not OpenVZ, so we rambled into problems due the massive amount of sign up.

We have discontinued lowend OpenVZ hosting in Germany but customers on yearly plans are still honored for the full period.

Today QuickWeb and RAMHOST and many others offer cheap yearly OpenVZ plans very similar to your lowend deals.

• NordicVPSNordicVPS Member
    edited November 2011

@Aldryic said: I don't recall naming you when I made that statement. Guilty conscience?

drmike, for unknown reasons, have a vengeance against NordicVPS and as you join post with a reply, I have to assume your are referring to us, since this discussion is about NordicVPS.

But no, no customer have been dumped. Everyone have been sent emails and coupons for free sign up at their respective package for free and been awarded minimum two months of free service.

• @NordicVPS said: since this discussion is about NordicVPS.

No, this conversation was originally about startup resellers. We didn't care to discuss your failings until you blatantly invited us to do so. Although I must admit, your antics do fit very well with this thread's topic.

Again, you can repeat your claims of taking care of the clients as much as you like; given your reputation here, it won't do any good.

@NordicVPS said: Of course, BuyVM have had a huge success, thanks to the LEB community.

We love the LE* family, this is a fantastic community. However, you can easily see that we had issues maintaining stock (since, unlike some others, we don't oversell) on WHT posts that predate our initial offerings here. I would appreciate you ceasing to make claims based on speculation. We're not successful because we're popular; we're successful because we do things right. Out of -all- the things you could've copied from us, that was the one lesson you should've taken.

edited November 2011

@Aldryic I wish you/BuyVM only all the best :)

We learnt from our experiences and will keep improving.

I love the LEB and like to engage in discussions and have to accept the negative comments.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

@NordicVPS, you questions someone else's rep while having a trashed one here. You did that, not me.

Plus you spammed these very forums and didn't follow the posted rules.

Not sure why you're saying that I have a "vengeance" as you're the one causing trouble.

Follow the rules, follow up on what LEA told you that you had to do and things would be fine. You failed at all of that.

edit: And your ASS is BANNED! What part of that do you not understand? Instead of lashing out at others, why not deal with that issue?

• I see this thread has gone majorly off topic from its original intention.

• Yeah it's the fight 'everybody against NordicVPS'.

Makes NordicVPS sounds pretty nice though :)

Gotta have to try their services :p

edited November 2011

@bobinfo said: Gotta have to try their services :p

:D Sure! Everybody is welcome!

@drmike What issue? Please PM me, so we can sort it out. Thanks

• Sigh, looks like this thread is going way off-topic.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

What issue? You're joking, right?

YOUR ASS IS BANNED! <- What part of that do you not understand? I gave you the link.

Seriously. What part do you not understand? You were told that numerous times in your sales thread. Told you were spamming as well and then went ahead and did it more.

edit: Screw it. You don't have a clue.

reedit: Actually I thihnk it's very much on topic. Review the name of the thread. Perfect example. :)

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • @drmike said: Review the name of the thread. Perfect example. :)

I guess that counts :P

• Let me step in and say something

YOUR ASS IS BANNED

No. This is not what I have said. This is what I said:

I will not post any offer from them until it sorts itself out.

Note that I (LowEndAdmin) will not post offers from NordicVPS on LowEndBox.com UNTIL there's a visible change from the way NordicVPS is perceived here. Sorry for those who thought that I was banning NordicVPS -- I don't want to list them any more partly to protect them from the trolls hanging around the low end sites to shoot down this provider. Some of the xenophobic/exclusivism mentality in this industry is sickening, may I put it bluntly.

As far as I can see in this thread, NordicVPS has conducted themselves professionally in expressing their opinions. Yes they made some mistakes before, but somehow they survived. Hopefully that makes them stronger.

Still, my comment in my blog stands -- I won't list them on LowEndBox.com until they are acceptable again. Now -- get back on topic!

• @LEA what didnt kill you will only make you stronger. =P

• @Lowendadmin

No. This is not what I have said. This is what I said:

Please kindly review the full quote:

Your ASS is BANNED from LEB.

With a link to your announcement about how you were no longer listing offers from NordicVPS. The shortened version came about via the no response about their sales offer, my questioning of if the offer banning from LEB applied to here as well, Nordic's cluelessness about why it was an issue, their inability to cover and backup what they were saying and the general frustration that this was going on with no response from you.

• Note to self: Arch was a bad idea.

• @drmike said: Note to self: Arch was a bad idea.

Wtf? U spamming? lol

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

News. NordicVPS is completely down. Their nodes, vps management portal, their own site... completely vanished. Anyone surprised?