Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS support seems to have disappeared - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS support seems to have disappeared

Comments

• @DigitalPure said: I have filed disputes with paypal for 2 servers, and the IP with paypal. I also filed disputes with my bank for the others that are offline. Hopefully they all go well.

PayPal dispute won't help. PayPal claim might work. Bank dispute may not. Credit card charge back might work.

• Yep, Paypal almost immediately closed that ticket. I'm sure they'll know the situation with that seller by now.

• The only way to get it back via dispute is an unauthorised charge claim. Its not right to do it but i would say 75% of the time it works.

• @VMPort said: Spirit - Private Investigator of the VPS world.

It's time to open LowEndInvestigations.com :D

• This is what i got from emailing the Paypal email

"Hello,

I used to work for UptimeVPS however left 1-2 weeks before I heard all this happened. I am not in control of the payments I can only hope you get your money back.

-Ash"

Something seems fishy here.

• @netomx said: And kristal tried to sell me a VPS from them, for 6 a year hahaha

I wonder if he (she? xD) is crying so hard...

@kevin said: Something seems fishy here.

Maybe they got scammed too? xD

• Thats BS. And he is a terrible liar!

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • "Hi,

Ken is fully in control of the payments. I no longer have contact details for him.

Regards,

Ash "

Load of bull crap.

• I send them an email, lets wait for the response

Here is what i've send:
    "Hello,

Are you out of your fucking mind?
    Stealing my money!

It's a crime stealing money you know
    I want my money back, i already did a claim/dispute on PayPal
    Refund my money now

This is just ridiculous, you stopped without any notification

And now what, you guys run away with our money"

• @kevin said: "Hi,

Ken is fully in control of the payments. I no longer have contact details for him.

Regards,

Ash "

Interestingly, both "Ken" and "Ash" always use "Regards". I think they are the same person.

• @danielfeng said: Interestingly, both "Ken" and "Ash" always use "Regards". I think they are the same person.

>

It's really common to use "Regards" :D

• @xprotocept

Just do it, don't have to send any email like that. Ken or Ash is busy driving the new BMW now.

• Anyone contacted Lee Occleshaw through facebook? He may be more talkable.

• He also got 3 Names?
    Twitter = ashmckiernan

PayPal = Stephen McKiernan

Email = ashleyjmcrules

• I wonder how many people bought VMs from them...

• I contacted Lee Occleshaw and now will await a response.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

To tell if they are the same person: study their grammar, where they put capital letters etc. Look out for spelling too...

• @Infinity said: To tell if they are the same person: study their grammar, where they put capital letters etc. Look out for spelling too...

Not much to go on realy. If it was me i would be running Credit Checks/ Fruad checks lmao by now.

• @Kairus said: I wonder how many people bought VMs from them...

Dunno, but maybe thousands of VMs

• @Infinity said: To tell if they are the same person: study their grammar, where they put capital letters etc. Look out for spelling too...

UptimeVPS where responding in a weird language, which I think was artificial/purposed, to make you think he is someone else (Fraudsters book ch8 page116).

@Kairus said: Their grammar is too different for them to be the same person.

It's possible he wants you to think so, so look for names/tracks/address etc is better method.

• You know if people had the money back they paid for the VPS they might be able to hire a P.I. to find these guys then we could have an old fashioned lynching!!!!

• People actually paid more than the $7/year?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@herbyscrub said: People actually paid more than the $7/year?

Quite a few people loaded up like $50+ for 'reserve' which is even more shocking that he couldn't make it work. When he started dropping the price of his 90 EUR/y for 4GB+ RAM down to just 45EUR, I knew they were done.

• I paid them ~$8 for 2 VPSs and got 2 months out of them.

• The VPS market is so entertaining.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • @Kairus said: The VPS market is so entertaining.

Nah, it's not... just a bit annoying sometimes.

• @Francisco said: When he started dropping the price of his 90 EUR/y for 4GB+ RAM down to just 45EUR, I knew they were done.

45EUR is expensive too. One thing I noticed was that you could actually change currency to GBP and the 50EUR off became 50GBP off. It worked for USD as well but of course GBP is the best option. So it eventually came down to £83.54-£50=£33.54=$55.53 in PayPal.

And I bought it.

They even didn't check the amount. I was then concerned about it and later sent cancellation request when node charlie was down.

And luckily I received full refund - by PayPal claim though. They promised to issue full refund but now everybody knows they won't unless you dispute/charge back.

• @danielfeng said: 45EUR is expensive too.

per year? :P

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I was always wary of a company with the word "uptime" in their name but provides no uptime SLA of any kind.

• Their name says Up, what else do you need? :P