Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS support seems to have disappeared - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS support seems to have disappeared

Comments

• @xprotocept

a few hours, IIRC almost instantly lol

• @trololo does not equal troll
    http://www.trololololololololololo.com
    good stuff :)

• surprised you are receving refunds via paypal it is an intangible item so not covered by paypal protection unless he hit the refund button. also for the solus site try going to it via ip if there is issues with his dns or site it wont resolve but typing in the ip will resolve if still up.

• de10 node is still up!

• Couple things I have observed:
    1) de1is still up, France server is not.
    2) Opened a dispute with paypal for OVH VPS, 7 minutes later got a response saying "The seller has submitted an explanation describing the disagreement with this claim. We will evaluate all available information including the original listing, and both seller and buyer statements. A final decision will be made on this claim per our User Agreement."
    3) The paypal account name is Stephen McKiernan, while the email is [email protected], seems like Ken and Ash are the same person as has been mentioned before.

• So, the guy is still around, but he can't answer nothing! What a joke

• I sent that email address a email by the way, i will see if it gets a response.

• Okay I seem to only have half of this conversation. UVPS seems to be dead pooled or at least "zombiefied" as of this moment correct? Ash aka VMPort is really Ken from UVPS?

As you might well notice I am very confused here. Not like that it is anything unusual for me to be confused but I want to know what the straight is not the scuttlebutt.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AuroraZ said: Okay I seem to only have half of this conversation. UVPS seems to be dead pooled or at least "zombiefied" as of this moment correct? Ash aka VMPort is really Ken from UVPS?

As you might well notice I am very confused here. Not like that it is anything unusual for me to be confused but I want to know what the straight is not the scuttlebutt.

I would hope not, VMPort seems to dig at them enough to look odd :P

Francisco

• @Francisco said: I would hope not, VMPort seems to dig at them enough to look odd :P

Francisco

Now you see why I am confused. Up is down so what is next?

• @AuroraZ said: Ash aka VMPort is really Ken from UVPS?

o.O this is getting interesting.

@AuroraZ said: Now you see why I am confused. Up is down so what is next?

I'm not sure.

A google on the domain shows a pretty dumb person that loves free hosting. Maybe Ken knew him and cut him a deal of sorts?

Francisco

• Their grammar is too different for them to be the same person.

Should add that this is the 3rd paypal he has gone through, the previous one being owned by some jr. soccer league.

Francisco

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited November 2011

@AuroraZ said: Ash aka VMPort is really Ken from UVPS?

Lol just because you take digs at providers does not make you them. I do it often does that mean i own them? NO! What a terrible conclusion you have/.

On second thought the whois aint axactly accurate either http://i.imgur.com/IlAC1.png

• damn, cannot file a dispute @ uptimevps, i payed more then 45 days ago :(

• File it with you're bank then

• h4xx0rh4xx0r Member
    edited November 2011

Yup. All of my VPS servers are also down, and solus isn't working anymore. Yesterday solus was working and it indicaded all of my servers being down. I created support tickets, but as reported. No replies, what so ever. Luckily I have configured live backups for all importat stuff. So it doesn't really matter. But I really liked their prices.
    http://uptimevps.co/ is also down...

@h4xx0r said: Yup. All of my VPS servers are also down, and solus isn't working anymore. Yesterday solus was working and it indicaded all of my servers being down. I created support tickets, but as reported. No replies, what so ever. Luckily I have configured live backups for all importat stuff. So it doesn't really matter. But I really liked their prices. http://uptimevps.co/ is also down...

Were they all on the same node? Same country/DC?

Francisco

• Joining the discussion as well. All my servers in France, Germany and Usa are down. The one in France was the first to go, soon followed by the vps in Usa and Germany. Seems like "Ken" ran away with our money :(

• I think we all learned a lesson here ...

Well, not really, I'd still do the same >_>

• Please dont mention my name nor my company in any UVPS related discussion, i have nothing to do with them i dont even know where its come from.

Oh i do. They had a support agent called Ash which seems to mean i also work the support desk for a competitor at the same time as running my own company.

If you didnt guess already that was sarcasm, again please keep my name out of this.

The thought is laughable to be honest :D

• Yeah, at same page is explained this into details but some people have problems with reading of longer sentences or something... UptimeVPS support guy is Ash McKiernan. The other guy.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2011

@Francisco

This is your fault, the only reason i entered that other thread was to back you up with the WHMCS been invalid :P

And now im automatically Ken and his many aliases. Talk about a split personality.

@Spirit

At least someone gets it :D

@VMPort said: This is your fault, the only reason i entered that other thread was to back you up with the WHMCS been invalid :P

Bite my glorious golden ass!

• Pfft and i thought you was cool man :(

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

btw. atleast one of uptimevps helpdesk employee Lee Occleshaw is a real person: http://en-gb.facebook.com/leeocc

He have also nice photography portfolio blog online.

It's same guy and as Ken he also promised refund for non delivered .nl VPSs because his site http://leeoccleshaw.com - "Enter Lee Occleshaw Creative" stated at facebook and his photography blog was hosted at same server/IP as uptimevps.co

I don't have FB account but some with may ask him what's going on :P