Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dumbest support ticket you, as a provider/staff member, have seen this week? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dumbest support ticket you, as a provider/staff member, have seen this week?

Comments

• edited November 2012

Got a support ticket the other day from a user not being able to run the virtio network drivers on Windows and complaining about network speeds.
    After 2-3 tickets back and forth I asked to login to his machine to help him out with this, and because the email address from which he submitted the ticket wasn't assosiated with any of the accounts in WHMCS, I asked him with which email he signed up and what IP his VPS had.

Turned out it was another provider's customer...

• Looks like it, yeah @kbeezie.

• @kbeezie said: I imagine the bamn account is mainly social usage and selling domains on LET. :P

Internet detectives, FTW!

Did you analyze all my sentence structure through a LET text analyst? (Saw some thread last week where 2 established members swore somebody was someone else "due to how they type")

@George_Fusioned said: After 2-3 tickets back and forth I asked to login to his machine to help him out with this, and because the email address from which he submitted the ticket wasn't assosiated with any of the accounts in WHMCS, I asked him with which email he signed up and what IP his VPS had.

George, I'm glad you can share this tidbit rather than getting up in arms, irrationally upset over something absolutely minor, and trying to find out who I work for/what company I own.

@kbeezie since you're concerned about Google showing up, are you concerned that when somebody Googles you, your LET screen name or the links in your signature that this thread comes up where you are going out of your way to dig up information on me? You man crushing on me, bro?

You guys accuse me of not getting it?
    Time for some mandatory vision tests, I'll even be a nice guy and pay for some eye exams

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I can't believe noone posted this yet.

http://clientsfromhell.net/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2012

First thing I see on clients from hell...

"I really like how you edited the video by arranging each cut to the beats to the music. Let’s keep all that. Just one small thing - let’s change the music."

Story of my life. Seriously. At least once every year I hear this.

• @joepie91 Thanks for the link! That was exactly something I was looking for.

@jarland
    "How can you charge that much? At the end of the day, it’s just ink on paper."

I heard that when I used to work a non-tech job and a customer requested like 1000 pages of his individual invoices over an email PDF which takes like 3 clicks to send him so when we gave him the bill for 1000 pages of invoices, that's basically what he said.

@bamn Offer a discount if he'll chop the trees ;)

• Even if its some shit customer with terrible English, I always try my best to communicate to them.

I get really mad in real life sometimes but when replying to ticket I pretend to be very patient, meh.

• @bamn whilst I don't think you've come even close to leaking customer identities, if I saw my ticket posted here (with identifiers removed), I would prolly feel that you mocking me here feels two-faced. If you mocked me in the ticket response I'd thnk you unprofessional. Ultimately, you can't win ;). If this was a closed providers forum, that issue would be removed.

• @craigb said: Ultimately, you can't win ;)

What is there to win? I've won the whole discussion with gold stars.

The only people having a problem with this discussion are company owners putting on a public relations face and probably offended whiny clients themselves.

@GIANT_CRAB said: I get really mad in real life sometimes but when replying to ticket I pretend to be very patient, meh

10 tickets of WHY IS MY VPS DOWN when we sent out an email about routine maintenance -> In Progress

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

http://bofh.ntk.net/BOFH/

The other side of the table

edited November 2012

I'm about to post a ticket here with all relevant information in tact. Screw privacy.

Ryan Arp ([email protected])
    Client
    11/16/2012 19:12
    TEST COLORS CLIENT

By far the dumbest ticket I've gotten.

• @bamn Gold stars? How cute...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said: Offer a discount if he'll chop the trees ;)

At a motel in the middle of nowhere, was an ad: "We have free rooms, 20 dollars, but 50% off if you make the bed yourself".
    Some guy comes and says: hey, I want a room, but Iw ill make the bed myself !
    -Cool ! here you have a saw, nails and a couple of logs...

@Maounique Dumb guy, I would've asked for the "free rooms" instead ;)

Thank you, I'm here all night.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Eh, translation from romanian...

• @bamn said: that this thread comes up where you are going out of your way to dig up information on me?

:P You make it sound like I take more than 5 minutes out of my day just for this thread... you're not that special.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn said: What is there to win? I've won the whole discussion with gold stars.

No you haven't because you still haven't gotten THE POINT.

THE POINT is, as a service provider you never, ever mock your clients in public. Period.

• @sleddog

I've made my point.

• @bamn said: I've made my point.

No, you missed it again.

Owners and support staff can talk about clients 'til they're blue in the face. No problem.

Just. Don't. Do. It. In. Public.

Do you get it yet?

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited November 2012

Just had one here ya go

ticket that followed

• @24khost said: Just had one here ya go

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

ticket that followed

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Nice.

• Anyone issue an abuse suspension where some guy from overseas threatens to call the BBB on you?

:)

That one has a special place in my heart.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn said: Anyone issue an abuse suspension where some guy from overseas threatens to call the BBB on you?

:)

That one has a special place in my heart.

OR had one where they abused a service and had all of their services suspended as a result.... didn't reply to the ticket for a while and all vps were deleted... so they open a complaint with BBB, and post everywhere they can find your company on any thread that you are so horrible.

• @24khost said: Just had one here ya go

You should obscure that IP address in the second image.

• bamnbamn Member
    edited November 2012

@lbft said: You should obscure that IP address in the second image.

An IP of an OVH box used for abuse? Sheesh you guys are never consistent with anything on here.

• @bamn said: An IP of an OVH box used for abuse?

Sometimes it is genuine stupidity, not intentional abuse.

• I like to read these horrible ticket, it makes me so happy not to have customer contact anymore... This is quite a nice reddit, with a lot of horrible things from tech support: http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/

• I was just going to post http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport lol... i used to read that all the time..

• Has anyone ever had maxmind return a 100% score? best i got so far is 99.98%