Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dumbest support ticket you, as a provider/staff member, have seen this week? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dumbest support ticket you, as a provider/staff member, have seen this week?

Comments

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn said: Would I violate a customer's privacy by saying an idiot flooded the support tickets for 6 hours straight during a shift change about his "VPS down" and after 20 of his own posts

No, but it shows how professional you are and if someone would decide to purchase from you. Outright calling customers using those terms on a public forum that gets indexed on a Google search means someone will be reading this.

As a customer I would not want to be called out like this no matter what I do at all.

Didn't have to make it obvious, but oh well.

• edited November 2012

@bamn said: Best ticket today: can you show me how to enable remote desktop on my PC at home.

Yeah while I'm at it, let me take your dogs out for a walk and pick up your dry cleaning.

I don't think the ticket request was unreasonable. Sure if it doesn't fall under your companies definition of 'support' then fine; however it's certainly not dumb or whiney.

• ^ What he said.

I can ask you whatever I want, it's in your right to refuse them - but not post them publicly.

• gsxgsx Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn I have memories of a similar experience from launching a web hosting business in my hometown several years ago. I picked up a number of local businesses, although within a year, I began to notice tickets asking for email client help, virus removal, minor website code modifications, etc. Many of the business owners felt these services were "included" in their $5 a month web hosting service.

• @concerto49 said: Outright calling customers using those terms on a public forum that gets indexed on a Google search means someone will be reading this.

You can have some of kbeezie's Prep H too. There's enough in that pack.

Point to me where I mentioned a customer. I used a hypothetical. You folks will take a lighthearted discussion like this, run it into the ground with seriousness and in another thread, act all childish like when somebody asks a specific question or you feel like running a VPS provider in the ground by killing a node with a dd test then other providers laugh about it?

Funny how some of the people who trashed that company's node suddenly have a moral / ethnical issue about an unnamed client being discussed about some light hearted humor thread. Yup, now that I have your attention explain how that's OK?

@Alex_LiquidHost got something to say about your antics or are customers offlimits while trashing other company's equipment doesn't prevent you from losing sleep at night. Put yourself in his situation, that guy lost sleep all night because of the antics on here.

@Wintereise @Voss
    Show me where I disclosed the client other than a vague description of the client? Yup. You folks have nothing and are all up in arms over a hypothetical situation, are screaming about boycotting a company you don't even know who I work for and just all around look foolish.

@gsx TL;DR. This isn't a discussion about policy.

Quick, somebody post a "What are you eating tonight, LET" thread!

• If even after all that, you fail to understand - I think it's probably better that we rest our case.

• @Wintereise said: I think it's probably better that we rest our case.

Are you spokesman for the community? Funny how you guys circle the wagon over the most stupid stuff, like this discussion, and nobody spoke up over HostSlim having his node trashed by other providers on here and "I fail to understand"

Take the blinders off, my friend.

• AaronAaron Member
    edited November 2012

I would certain avoid any host that makes a practice of talking behind the backs of their clients on a public forum.

Edit: Or encouraging other hosts to do the same.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn I think the point is not that yo don't divulge exactly who you're talking about or what site is in question, but simply the notion that you'll treat certain customers like a joke, not exactly good public relations for those looking for a provider.

I'm sure every single provider has their around-the-watercooler talks of clients and customers, just a bit different when you're talking bout some random unknown customer in front of other customers, especially if you're referring to them as stupid, idiots, "dumbest" etc.

• @kbeezie I thought LEB was for folks looking like a host and now LET fills those shoes too?

Also, in my subject, I put "...as a provider/staff member".
    Yep. I totally invited the customers for their input on this one.

Thanks for your 2 cents however

• @bamn said: Yep. I totally invited the customers for their input on this one.

You posted this thread on a public forum. You've welcomed everyone.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn said: @kbeezie I thought LEB was for folks looking like a host and now LET fills those shoes too?
    Also, in my subject, I put "...as a provider/staff member".

Yep. I totally invited the customers for their input on this one.

Thanks for your 2 cents however

Ooooh This is only for providers... don't no potential customers find this via google.... nooo don't

Seriously, are you that dense in understanding the point?

• @kbeezie said: Seriously, are you that dense in understanding the point?

Care to rephrase your point? Points are great if they are concise and well.. to the point.

You still have yet to make your argument in your imaginary land of what ifs. I seriously hope that client doesn't find out I was vaguely talking about his website.

• @bamn said: You still have yet to make your argument in your imaginary land of what ifs. I seriously hope that client doesn't find out I was vaguely talking about his website.

Please tell me what your provider name is, so that I can avoid it in the future, as can everyone else who reads the thread.

• Pre-Sales:

Hi,

I want to buy the Linux VPS you pointed out, can I install Windows later on?

Thanks in advance,
    xxxxxx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@kbeezie said: Think about it... so far most of the stuff mentioned are stuff we've all heard before

You'd be amazed how inventive ppl are...
    It happens that I am not sure if they are serious or just trolling.
    However, unlike most ppl at support, I have a lot of fun, what annoys others makes me smile.
    Compared to my old workplace where almost everyone was just learning to use a computer, here I am in a world of geeks and it is not rare that I learn something new.
    I used to get calls in the middle of the night that the laptop fell and the display broke, but she has an older laptop and an urgent workload to do, I was supposed to guide her at 2 AM on how to change displays when she didnt even have a screwdriver, but could, of course, use some little knife or some tool to work on fingernails, dunno the english name...
    In the end managed to hook her up on an old crt display she woke up a neighbour to get from, took more than 90 minutes, but somehow was my fault :)

• @BronzeByte said: Hi,

I want to buy the Linux VPS you pointed out, can I install Windows later on?

Thanks in advance,

xxxxxx

I got that beat with "does managed support cover SEO Nuke and XRumer, plus do you ignore spam complaints?"

I didn't even give him the liberty of a response. Just closed it out.

+1 for somebody here who understands lightheartedness.

• Hey someone found the funny!

@bamn said: plus do you ignore spam complaints?

That one is just wow...

• @Holoshed said: That one is just wow...

That is a common request/question, along with do you ignore DMCA notices.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

@miTgiB said: That is a common request/question, along with do you ignore DMCA notices.

Affiliate Marketers... some like to disrupt the competition by claiming infringement on their stolen landing pages which they in turn took from someone else... usually.

• @miTgiB said: That is a common request/question, along with do you ignore DMCA notices.

If a host responded YES to that, I would not want to use them. Mostly because they will probably not be online much longer unless the host is in a country where it is known to be overlooked.

If someone asks that of a US host, that is where I get amazed.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@Holoshed said: If someone asks that of a US host, that is where I get amazed.

I've had support tickets opened asking if we allow (D)DoS/Booters, JDB, nulled software, even though it is clearly stated that the server is hosted in the US.

• The folks who steal on demand TV streams and repost them on their ghetto Wordpress Hulu wannabe sites are starting to be a common source of amusement

Crap, just disclosed more confidential customer info. We're so going out of business :(

• @bamn said: Crap, just disclosed more confidential customer info. We're so going out of business :(

Man the hatches, shes goin' down!

• @bamn said: We're so going out of business :(

I sincerely hope you do.

• @gubbyte said: I sincerely hope you do.

• @bamn one more dumb request for you(I couldn't resist).
    Can you kindly please give the name of your business / link to your website ?
    I have a gut feeling that it will help a lot of other readers who want to associate you with your business but don't want to do a research.

• ^ What he said.

Please do the community a favor, thanks. :)

• @Aaron said: I would certain avoid any host that makes a practice of talking behind the backs of their clients on a public forum.

I believe everyone does that, it doesn't hurt you, they're just pointing out the sillyness.

• @Wintereise said: ^ What he said.
    Please do the community a favor, thanks. :)

Other than domain sales I haven't seen anything on here specifically from his current login.

2 of 7 threads he started are like this one ( ref : http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/5907/handling-budget-customers-who-complain-too-damn-much )
    2 of 7 are actually selling something
    3 of 7 just sharing news or asking a question.

I imagine the bamn account is mainly social usage and selling domains on LET. :P