Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jlphost / ITNetworkHost scammer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jlphost / ITNetworkHost scammer

NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
edited August 2015 in Reviews

Okay, so this is the continuation from this topic. Opening a new one about the scam so it can be better indexed by Google.

I finished a first trade with a trusted member of this forum for $118 in BTC. He can confirm this here if he wants to. Then, JLPHOST sent me a PM asking for my Skype: I told him I already finished a trade but offered to do a smaller one with him.

I provide my Skype and one account named itnetworkhost adds me instantly. We talk about doing just $60 and I promptly send the money to the provided PayPal. Just at this moment, the JLPHOST sends a PM here on LET telling "he can't find me on Skype", which is stupid because anyone can verify now that my account does exist. He also mentions a new Skype account which I add after the scam and you guys can find with the rest of the screenshots.

Facts:

• Only one Spanish guy had my Skype previously from LET. I nearly never use Skype, so no one knew it besides him (friend) and this scammer had my account.
  • The itnetworkhost.com domain is using NS1.JLPHOST.COM and NS2.JLPHOST.COM.
  • The two names are clearly related: https://archive.is/CcPI3

Screenshots:

• PMs here in LET: 1
  • Conversation where the scam takes place: 1, 2
  • Conversation with the "legit" account trying to deceive me after the scam: 1, 2

And I think that sums it up. Let me know if I missed something, going for the PayPal dispute now.

EDIT: definitive proof that he's the scammer. That's the email where I sent the funds.

Comments