Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.7.7 released with new Admin UI - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.7.7 released with new Admin UI

Comments

• so good

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@Licensecart said: Nice update? You on drugs lol bug fixes and a ugly UI?

Let me guess, Blesta have most beautifull checkboxes on the whole planet ?

• @drserver said:
    Let me guess, Blesta have most beautifull checkboxes on the whole planet ?

Well I have to say your website makes Virtualizor's UI look amazing… you still back in the 90s having issues with tables and dark layouts :D

edited August 2015

@Licensecart said: Well I have to say your website makes Virtualizor's UI look amazing… you still back in the 90s having issues with tables and dark layouts :D

Thank you, at least mine is working properly and not spamming clients mailboxes and it was not 8.99 bootstrap template with 10 min modification.

https://screens.drserver.net/ufatk-f9bzl.jpg

keep up good work

EDIT: When you are going to comment others, please make sure that you are clean at least

• @Licensecart said:
    Well I have to say your website makes Virtualizor's UI look amazing… you still back in the 90s having issues with tables and dark layouts :D

I think you are in the business of loosing all your clients, congratulations!

• I wouldn't work with Licensecart not even if he gave out all his services for free, his comments are unacceptable.

• I have PM you on Skype about new bugs.

• wychwych Member

Can you stop changing the theme/UI?

I am fedup of having to apply my own theme changes in each release, focus on the features/dev side and let hosts manage the front end ;)

Yay! IPv6 rDNS seems to finally be working as it should have months ago when requested.

• Licensecart said: Nice update? You on drugs lol bug fixes and a ugly UI? And you'll be eating your words when it comes out.

Wow! What a professional! Very poor behavior of you... If you think that you are going to get even one new client or make older trust you more than (the low) now, you could not be more wrong...
    It is sad when the rep of a company, is trying to bash the product of a competitor, with poor arguments...

If you treat your own business the way you act here, then, you are not going to have much life out there.

Thanked by 2zafouhar alexvolk
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Well love the new UI and great to see that many bugs are fixed, keep up the good job...

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@Licensecart said:
    You still back in the 90s having issues with tables and dark layouts :D

You lacking funds since SolusVM died ? SolusVM will never be able to do what Virtualizor has done even in the long run it will take them years to actually enter a kvm container to manipulate it.

Also good luck fetching funds from LET after this thread may the blessings of blesta be with you.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
    edited August 2015

Bharat is emotional now because he was part of "black 90s" design team

Thanked by 1BharatB

@drserver said:

He'll never understand anyway :P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

BharatB said: it will take them years to actually enter a kvm container to manipulate it.

I guess they started years ago then because it already can.

• @wych said:
    Can you stop changing the theme/UI?

I am fedup of having to apply my own theme changes in each release, focus on the features/dev side and let hosts manage the front end ;)

Yay! IPv6 rDNS seems to finally be working as it should have months ago when requested.

There will be not much ui changes now atleast for some time. But quite a lot new features will be available because of the ui we pushed.

Also I guess it's good to have a new ui in a 1.5 to 2 years.
    There is a lot of features which are yet to be launched.

We are also working on a lot of bug fixes which are reported to us.

@AnthonySmith said:
    I guess they started years ago then because it already can.

o.O oh ? Maybe I was out of the loop but solusvm can get disk space and usage stats perfectly from a kvm container ?

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

@BharatB said:

Correct.

BharatB said: Maybe I was out of the loop but solusvm can get disk space and usage stats perfectly from a kvm container

O <--the loop --> @BharatB

Honestly there are so many things wrong with virtualizor, and I mean basic stuff I could sit and write about it all day, I mean whats this the 2nd full UI in a year and they still deploy ext3 as standard with an inode size of 256... good luck working with that when you want to migrate later, don't even get me started on CPU affinity or QoS.

Containers getting suspended for no reason and there is no logging, BW graphics showing 50% used when 100% utilized, nothing recorded against user details apart from an email address, no quality validation for OpenVZ, "There was some error" outstanding for a year+ that I know of, their own demo's got hacked just a while back.

And perhaps I am out of the loop as I dont use it for KVM/Xen but you cant even edit the VM config or set all the drivers etc from the UI last I checked.

There is a reason its cheaper than solusvm... its the GVH of the panel world.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited August 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    There is a reason its cheaper than solusvm... its the GVH of the panel world.

You can now make all the required changes on KVM/Xen drivers from the Admin UI, while creating and editing a VM at a later stage.

They have had their bug's, however they are defintly improving and working towards a more stable product, the new admin UI isn't a massive change from the previous UI, apart from making it responsive.

The big UI change was the User side a few months ago, but I agree there has been a fair amount of bug's, but I guess when SolusVM has not realty released any new features in well.. ages. Any updates from SolusVM have been bug's or minor tweaks.

Thus helping to keep any "new" bugs being created down.

edited August 2015

We've just started to use it for openVZ though in Xen we've hadn't had any issues till date except for the few kernel changes in Xen for which we just had to reboot the node.

As @AnthonySmith mentioned the vms were getting suspended for no reason, also the There was some error thing is annoying. There sure are few more bugs which I reported though haven't been fixed yet so yea mostly pertaining to openVZ only.

As for KVM / Xen really haven't had any major noticable bugs at all we've got full control over it to edit and deploy as needed. Virtualizor does truly automate everything in the node with a single rebootpost installation and is newbie friendly where as creating a bridge for SolusVM turns out to be a headache and error prone for a few. But updating and fixing is all about it rather that sitting idle even after the great onApp take over which resulted in slow ticket replies .

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    am I missing something?

Nope.

@drserver said:

Time to weep :)

• virtualizorvirtualizor Member
    edited August 2015

@AnthonySmith, the whmcs module you have is very old. We had shown you the screenshots of the newer module. But I agree we should have a automation to update the whmcs module.

@virtualizor said:
    AnthonySmith, the whmcs module you have is very old. We had shown you the screenshots of the newer module. But I agree we should have a automation to update the whmcs module.

6 weeks is very old?

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

virtualizor said: automation to update the whmcs module

stop trying to automate auto-updates on things, the fact that someone can no longer manually update if "auto-updates" are disabled on the main system is annoying enough in its own right; so you guys generally push updates and I wake up and everything has changed.

A changelog for the WHMCS module would be more useful.

What about the people that have made customization to the software to make it work when you guys have left features unfinished for months? Your auto-updaters plow right through them.

Is there a fix for the dodgy VMID being passed in whmcs to the panel causing new deployments to fail to start and be completely hacked up showing wrong ID's hostnames?

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

I wonder when 2.7.8 drops now, also if its a big change ready for new stuff why not go 2.8? ;)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Or how about a fix to the host name exploit you have known about for at least 3 months that allows end users to escape the host name change field and run commands as root on the hostnode?

I suppose a ui comes first

I am not aware of any such bug. There was a false alarm about it, but it wasnt affecting Virtualizor. Security is priority for us.

I wonder when 2.7.8 drops now,

There will be a new version with minor fixes today or tomorrow. @wych I have PM'd you for any update related issues you have. Waiting for your reply.

• wychwych Member

virtualizor said: There will be a new version with minor fixes today or tomorrow.

Cool, can you PM me your roadmap for features, would be nice to know what is in the pipeline.

Getting all the notes about PM stuff together.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited August 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    Guess that was a false alarm then...

This is what they just said via Skype after questioning the screenshots:

[14:00:00] Virtualizor Team: The demo is a special NON login system

[14:00:42] Virtualizor Team: The demo system is a just a preview

[14:00:55] Virtualizor Team: It has a lot of modified code

[14:01:18] Virtualizor Team: Its not the real version of Virtualizor

[14:02:20] Virtualizor Team: It was fixed long back

[14:02:29] Virtualizor Team: The demo was updated as well

I guess we shall have to believe them on that one..unless you can prove otherwise Anthony?

• wychwych Member

@AshleyUk I had something along those lines pushed at the time when I asked.

• The first image is of the Demo which was running one very old version and was ever since updated.
    I am assuming the second image is also of the demo. If not, please give us details and we will issue a fix straight away without delay.

The demo that was hacked was a very old version. We have upgraded the demo ever since.
    Also the demo system is no-where close to a real system. It will not be able to create a VPS. Its just a "Preview" of Virtualizor's look and feel.