Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.7.7 released with new Admin UI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.7.7 released with new Admin UI

Hi,

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.7.7
This version has a new Admin interface as well as new features and some bug fixes.
The following is a list of changes in this version :

1) [Feature] The Admin Panel has been revamped and here are some of the screen shots :
listvs

addvs

manageserver

rebuild

dashboard

login

enduser_dashboard

launchinstance

2) [Feature] Migration for File / QCOW2 based VPS was not possible through the panel. Admins will now be able to migrate such VPS using the migration wizard.

3) [Feature] MTU option is now available while creating a new IP Pool so that users can limit the largest size of packet or frame in bytes.

4) [Feature] Option for enabling VGA and Acceleration has been added for KVM VPS. This option is now available in Advanced options in the Create VPS Wizard.

5) [Feature] Its now possible to search DNS records as per the Domain name and Zone type.

6) [Task] Multiple deletion of database backup is now added for ease of use.

7) [Task] We have added random password generator for new users while creating VPS.

8) [Task] The Rescue mode template has been upgraded from Debian 6.0 to Debian 8.1.

9) [Task] You can now use HTML tags like br, p, b and i in the OS Distro description.

10) [Task] Option to install CentOS Web Panel in addvs was not present in Advanced options of the VPS creation wizard. This has been added.

11) [Task] Option to add Hostmaster email and primary NameServer while adding DNS zone was not available. This is now added.

12) [Task] A Random password generator has been added while creating new Users in enduser panel for Cloud Users.

13) [Task] Added support for IPv6 rDNS records of a /48 Subnet which is broken down into /64 Subnets.

14) [Bug-Fix] Add/Edit Recipes option was not available to Admin users other than root because of missing ACL permissions. These are now added in Admin ACL.

15) [Bug-Fix] IPv4 and IPv6 validation was not there while adding a rDNS record in the Admin Panel.

16) [Bug-Fix] Character _ was not allowed in Domain name for DNS records. This has been fixed.

17) [Bug-Fix] While creating a VPS using our SDK on Xen/XCP, the VPS created would be an HVM VPS only, this is now fixed.

18) [Bug-Fix] On devices with medium sized screens, the VPS manage section in the new Enduser UI used to show empty spaces in between. This is now fixed.

19) [Bug-Fix] Search on Media Groups, Server Groups and DNS records was not working properly. This is now fixed.

20) [Bug-Fix] Deletion of DNS record did not work in the the new Enduser UI. This is now fixed.

21) [Bug-Fix] Some English strings were hard coded in the new Enduser UI. This is now fixed for multi-language support.

22) [Bug-Fix] Special characters like Grave and Cedilla in language files of the new Enduser UI resulted in errors. This is now fixed.

23) [Bug-Fix] A Master-only server i.e. a Master installed with no Virtualization could use the create VPS wizard and the VPS creation would fail due to missing underlying virtualization kernels. VPS creation on such Masters is now restricted.

24) [Bug-Fix] In the new Enduser UI, closing the enduser panel tab in the browser without logging out didnt destroy the session (till the session timed out) which prevented accessing the panel later on without a Ctrl + F5. This now fixed.

25) [Bug-Fix] While rebuilding a VPS in the Admin Panel, both HVM and PV templates could be selected for Xen VMs. OS selection is now as per VPS type i.e. Xen PV or HVM.

26) [Bug-Fix] Different DNS plans could be created with the same name. Now no two DNS plans can have the same name.

27) [Bug-Fix] Media Group was set as 1, while creating VPS from SDK. This is now fixed to take other entries as well.

28) [Bug-Fix] Due to blank DISK entries in VPS tables, users were not able to edit VPS and faced Primary Storage can not be changed. This is now fixed.

29) [Bug-Fix] Secondary VPS disks were not getting deleted after deleting the VPS, IF the VPS was in a shutdown state. This is now fixed.

30) [Bug-Fix] Editing Slave storage on the Master resulted in late DB sync with the slave. This is now fixed and Master will perform an immediate sync with slave after a storage is edited.

31) [Bug-Fix] Running the windows template creation tool from CLI left a WINTOOL LV on the server on failure. It will now delete this LV.

32) [Bug-Fix] Admin users (non-root) were not able to delete Logs as Admin ACL for logs deletion was not working. Admins will now be able to delete logs from the panel if the ACL permission is set for such admins.

33) [Bug-Fix] When a Cloud user would edit a VPS, the VPS user used to display a wrong user at times. This is now fixed to display the correct owner of the VPS.

34) [Bug-Fix] In the Admin Panel, changing the Active Server from the top menu was causing a repost of data for the newly selected server. This is now fixed.

35) [Bug-Fix] The Zone SOA serial was not getting updated whenever a record was added to the DNS zone. This is now fixed.

36) [Bug-Fix] While locking the Master Server, errors used to be shown although the master used to get locked. This is now fixed.

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Regards,
The Virtualizor Team

Comments

• Any chance on getting better error reporting than "there was some error"? I'd like that far more than an interface update.

Thanked by 1wych
  • @Damian said:
    Any chance on getting better error reporting than "there was some error"? I'd like that far more than an interface update.

A better logging system is already in the process. This will be there by the next week. We have it ready, but launching all at the same time would result in delayed updates.
    An advanced tasking system linked with logging is already in our beta testing.

• SadySady Member

Thumbs Up,
    Those so many bug fixes :)

• I think it's time I took Vitualizor for a spin :)

• Add the feature, ability to reserve Certain IP addresses

Thanked by 1xaitmi
  • OnSebastianOnSebastian Member
    edited August 2015

virtualizor said: 2) [Feature] Migration for File / QCOW2 based VPS was not possible through the panel. Admins will now be able to migrate such VPS using the migration wizard.

Thumbs Up :)

• I hate the UI.

• I miss a way back into Admin CP when managing a VPS without getting totally logged out whenever I try to access the Admin CP from the address bar.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • wychwych Member

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    I miss a way back into Admin CP when managing a VPS without getting totally logged out whenever I try to access the Admin CP from the address bar.

HACKING ATTEMPT !!!

• @wych said:
    HACKING ATTEMPT !!!

Wtf? I hack my own VPSs on my dedi?

• @wych said:
    HACKING ATTEMPT !!!

This has been happening for ages, top notch programming

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

@nexmark said:
    Add the feature, ability to reserve Certain IP addresses

^

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

Now if only @SolusVM had nice updates like these. Personally, I think that SolusVM V2 was just a marketing scheme.

My conclusion? SolusVM needs to suck Virtualizor's face.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    I miss a way back into Admin CP when managing a VPS without getting totally logged out whenever I try to access the Admin CP from the address bar.

It's for security reasons we have added a token. If the token is not there it will ask you to relogin

• Hang on am I reading correct? You chose to release a new admin theme before you improved the error logging system? Total shit there

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Hang on am I reading correct? You chose to release a new admin theme before you improved the error logging system? Total shit there

Not really. The majority of people are materialistic and don't care about an error logging system unless they're plauged by errors.

• @telephone said:
    Not really. The majority of people are materialistic and don't care about an error logging system unless they're plauged by errors.

So everyone who uses Virtualizor

• SadySady Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Hang on am I reading correct? You chose to release a new admin theme before you improved the error logging system? Total shit there

To be fair, I also feel bad when I face some error which is not clear enough but guys on their skype solve this all the time with in 20 minutes if they're online :) And not to mention I saw them online almost every time I needed their help :)

• SadySady Member

This looks better than the old login page:
    Would be awesome to have "Re-Install" button on the Admin panel so I don't have to log in as a User :)

• @Sady said:
    This looks better than the old login page:
    Would be awesome to have "Re-Install" button on the Admin panel so I don't have to log in as a User :)

Reinstall button is avaliable on the side menu under the first sub menu. Has been there for as long as I remember.

• SadySady Member

@AshleyUk said:
    Reinstall button is avaliable on the side menu under the first sub menu. Has been there for as long as I remember.

Ah, Got that :D

• @doghouch said:
    Now if only SolusVM had nice updates like these. Personally, I think that SolusVM V2 was just a marketing scheme.

My conclusion? SolusVM needs to suck Virtualizor's face.

Nice update? You on drugs lol bug fixes and a ugly UI? And you'll be eating your words when it comes out. The only nice thing on this update is the login page...

• @Sady - Thank you. If you have any UI related suggestion do let us know.

@Licensecart - Would love to know the reason of you finding our UI ugly.

• @virtualizor said:

Licensecart - Would love to know the reason of you finding our UI ugly.

The colours and the way you've designed it, you should either go Flat or Bootstrap and tweak them. Then it would be nicer at the moment the black, grey, white is horrible colour wise. The boxes look so boxy and blocky and cluttered.

Flat: http://designmodo.github.io/Flat-UI/
    Bootstrap: http://getbootstrap.com

• We have added bootstrap and have gone flat as well.

The boxes look so boxy and blocky and cluttered.

Also are you referring to the checkboxes ?

• @Licensecart said:
    The boxes look so boxy

Hmm am I missing something?

• Have you even checked the latest version out?, its responsive, works/looks great on different device screens and defiantly a good step in the right direction.

At least they actually have something usable and not a few screenshots of V2 which for all we know could be a mock-up in Photoshop. They seem a lot more dedicated to development.

Thanked by 1teknolaiz
  • @AshleyUk said:
    At least they actually have something usable and not a few screenshots of V2 which for all we know could be a mock-up in Photoshop.

Erm you not seen the videos? :) haha ok so they can make movies on photoshop too :) And would you rather them rush it out and it end up like this having updates every week to fix bugs?

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Hmm am I missing something?

You can do boxes but would you rather a box which is a box or rounded corners, nicer design with rectangles, etc. See: https://demo.virtkick.com how nice a non 90' angle look, and different shapes and style adds to a control panel or even a website.

• @Licensecart someone is butthurt today?

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited August 2015

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    Licensecart someone is butthurt today?

You make no sense what so ever, why would I be? I don't use them anymore and I chose not to sell this panel (I still have the url up as-well) but continue to provide Softaculous so what am I loosing? I'm stating the truth and if you ask anyone who doesn't sell VPS yet or anyone who is in development / design you will get that same reply I posted.