Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter and Dacentec experiences? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter and Dacentec experiences?

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Here's QuickPacket's network in Atlanta for comparison:

Download speed from CacheFly: 86.2MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 107MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 72.5MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.30MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 12.3MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 16.1MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 9.35MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 26.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 30.5MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 74.0MB/s
    Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • qps said: Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 107MB/s

LOL, you are in their datacentre and they are your primary upstream.

edited September 2015

MarkTurner said: LOL, you are in their datacentre and they are your primary upstream.

We are connected to their network directly, as well to two of the same peers (Hibernia and Cogent), so yes, it is going to be fast.

• Delimiter's still killing it. Just moved a chunk of production stuff over to my E5450, 100% confidence there. Hat tip @MarkTurner

Dacentec is super iffy for me - can't tell if it's going to be a 20mbps day or 600mbps day on the same damn route (also big variation between 2 boxes there). I went through a week long ticket session trying to get routes fixed earlier this year, just going to dump my rental and keep the colo'd box.

And @qps ATL has gotten wayyyy better since I last used them a year back, the L5520 at $35 is solid - although it looks like one of the drives (brand new hitachi) is slipping, 6 reallocated sectors/events and only like 900hrs power-on time.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

mikeyur said: And @qps ATL has gotten wayyyy better since I last used them a year back, the L5520 at $35 is solid - although it looks like one of the drives (brand new hitachi) is slipping, 6 reallocated sectors/events and only like 900hrs power-on time.

Please open a ticket and we'll replace it.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • i have to say delimiter's delivery time is pretty fast in my case,about 12 hours

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

mikeyur said: although it looks like one of the drives (brand new hitachi) is slipping, 6 reallocated sectors/events and only like 900hrs power-on time.

Looks like we got that fixed for you. Sorry for the inconvenience - sometimes drives fail, even when they are pretty new. This was a Hitachi Ultrastar (enterprise class) drive. We haven't had very many of them fail - they are usually rock solid.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @qps said:
    Looks like we got that fixed for you. Sorry for the inconvenience - sometimes drives fail, even when they are pretty new. This was a Hitachi Ultrastar (enterprise class) drive. We haven't had very many of them fail - they are usually rock solid.

Yup, I get it. Wasn't too worried about it, I was going to ticket later but appreciate the proactive response :)

• I would go with Dacentec since every time I see the DelimiterVPS site I cry a little bit inside.

Thanked by 34n0nx Silvenga Dylan
  • MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited September 2015

hostnoob said: every time I see the DelimiterVPS site I cry a little bit inside.

You are crying with joy :) Don't confuse the emotion, its the euphoria from the endorphins.

The website is truly horrific. Since I saw it I've wanted to put it out of my misery:

• Trying to find the dedies on the Delimiter site sometimes drive me to tears of frustration.

I've had good luck with them so far, but the site.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • why does delimitervps not sell VPS offer???

• linuxthefish said: why does delimitervps not sell VPS offer???

They do, see my sig for an example

• @MarkTurner apparently the Atom cannot reach the speeds required to download from "Coloat, Atlanta GA" at 14.6MB/s but is able to download from Cachefly at this speed :(

• linuxthefish said: apparently the Atom cannot reach the speeds required to download from "Coloat, Atlanta GA" at 14.6MB/s but is able to download from Cachefly at this speed :(

What do you mean 'cannot reach the speeds'?

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited September 2015

Bought the $1 VPS deal from datacentec. Takes about 16 - 23 seconds to reload the billing control panel. Their support button doesn't even work at the top, the ui is completely fucked all over. Booting and reloading of the OS templates were fine.

Was logged in via putty through ssh and sftp with filezilla for about 20 minutes, got disconnected and now trying to re-connect and it just disconnects. No idea. Re-booted the server after waiting minutes in their billing panel, tried again, still no luck. Finally I said fuck it and just bought a $1.53 buyvm plan, lol.

• MarkTurner said: What do you mean 'cannot reach the speeds'?

If you monitor the server's network statistics, you'll see the number of RX drops goes steeply upwards under heavy load, at the same time monitor the interrupts and you'll see the server stalls. There is just not enough processing capacity.

• DrSteveBruleDrSteveBrule Member
    edited September 2015

@Dillybob said:
    Bought the $1 VPS deal from datacentec. Takes about 16 - 23 seconds to reload the billing control panel. Their support button doesn't even work at the top, the ui is completely fucked all over. Booting and reloading of the OS templates were fine.

Was logged in via putty through ssh and sftp with filezilla for about 20 minutes, got disconnected and now trying to re-connect and it just disconnects. No idea. Re-booted the server after waiting minutes in their billing panel, tried again, still no luck. Finally I said fuck it and just bought a $1.53 buyvm plan, lol.

Which BuyVM plan is $1.53? Is there a promo code?

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited September 2015

@DrSteveBrule said:
    Which BuyVM plan is $1.53? Is there a promo code?

Not sure, but if you go here:

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

And select the first one (1.99) and then go to check out, it lowers it to 1.53 :) I was like hell yeah when I was saw that lol

• Dillybob said: it lowers it to 1.53

Isn't that just prorated for this month.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Dylan
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Isn't that just prorated for this month.

Yep.

• @MarkTurner said:

Aw good catch. Well, bumping up to 1.99 is still a steal for me anyway. I didn't even notice that, I just thought it was a back end bug or something and I was getting a good deal haha.

• I have two dedicated boxes with Dacentec, and they're amazing. One of my servers was on a PDU that failed so the box kept losing power. I put a ticket in, and they had it fixed up in about 3 minutes.

• Dillybob said: Takes about 16 - 23 seconds to reload the billing control panel.

Happens when you access it over IPv6 I noticed - fixed if I force IPv4. I wonder if that's an issue with Cloudflare...

• Light review.

Really love Dacentec. Bought a few servers from them and moved all my vms off crappy CC hosts. Performance improvements couldn't be better, and I have yet to have to cry into my keyboard and coffee as they haven't done something stupid like CC hosts would. Not to mention, by moving to dacentec I saved money instead of feeding my VPS addiction.

If you have a vps addiction, I can only suggest one thing. Buy one of these beauties today, and throw some proxmox on it! You will be so elated that you will become happier then you have been in years, and realize what a waste of a community this shit hole is and move on with your life.

• This. All. Of. This. Mun speaks the truth.

@Mun said:
    Light review.

Really love Dacentec. Bought a few servers from them and moved all my vms off crappy CC hosts. Performance improvements couldn't be better, and I have yet to have to cry into my keyboard and coffee as they haven't done something stupid like CC hosts would. Not to mention, by moving to dacentec I saved money instead of feeding my VPS addiction.

If you have a vps addiction, I can only suggest one thing. Buy one of these beauties today, and throw some proxmox on it! You will be so elated that you will become happier then you have been in years, and realize what a waste of a community this shit hole is and move on with your life.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Mun said: Light review.

It's funny because that was exactly how it went for me >.> not with dacentec though

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What sort of dacentec packages are most popular?

• @jbiloh said:

Anything outside of CC is preferred, really :)

Thanked by 2Mun TheKiller
  • @jbiloh said:

Well I would assume dedicated servers, Virtual Private Servers, Colocations, and some extras. However, by far the most popular is the ColoCrossing Refugee package that I signed up for!

Hope that helps!

Thanked by 1GM2015