Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking?

DataFrogsDataFrogs Banned
edited November 2012 in General

Are any providers looking for a staff member(technical support - Tier 3)?
If so let me know, I am very good at technical support, however English is not my native language, but I speak it good.

Skills List and more information
Intel Xeon
Dual Intel Xeon 5420
Xeon E3-1230v2
Intel i3, i5, i7
AMD FX-4100
AMD FX-8320
AMD Phenom II x6 1045t
SolusVM
HyperVM
Vituizzo (Softaculous VPS panel - I forget the name off of the top of my head)

Web Servers
cPanel
Kloxo
ECHP
ISPConfig

Internal Software - DataCen Manager (custom software in canadian datacenter for managing multiple servers at once, locating them, ect.)

OpenVZ, KVM, Xen, VPN, databases, programming.

Comments

• I'll send you a PM.

Minor thing:
    "but I speak it good" should be "but I speak it well" ;-)
    Grammar is a bitch, I know

• @Zen

"I speak good English"
    or
    "I speak English well"
    ._.

• I replied BronzeByte.

• I might hire you as my pimp daddy. Do you do that?

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

Don't think I've seen anyone list specific [x86/64] processor models as their "skill set".

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited November 2012

What @kbeezie said, what do you even mean? lol

That said, I think it's safe to say that you're wasting your time here - from your threads here, it's painfully apparent that you don't know the s of system administration.

Hiring you to do L3 would be shooting oneself on the foot.

• @Wintereise ... how is "Intel Xeon" a skill set?

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited November 2012

@kbeezie said: Don't think I've seen anyone list specific [x86/64] processor models as their "skill set".

Yeah... I was wondering the same thing. What's that even mean? sigh

@Wintereise said: from your threads here, it's painfully apparent that you don't know the s of system administration.

Or the G of Google.

• @kbeezie I was agreeing with you, haha.

• @DimeCadmium it's like "my list is looking bare... let me clutter it up with some impressive looking words"

• Or the G of Google.

That too, sadly.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2012

@kbeezie said: @Wintereise ... how is "Intel Xeon" a skill set?

ASM x86/x64, SSE, etc :) - had lots of fun playing with those and optimizing for Xeons.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

And in regards to this:

Vituizzo (Softaculous VPS panel - I forget the name off of the top of my head)

You would think that if you're trying to pitch your skills and services you would at least take some time to proof-read and spruce up your offer post rather than half-ass it.

A half-assed resume = half-ass candidate.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited November 2012

Worst "resume" ever.

So pathetic.

• Having no resume is better than using this one.

• "how is "Intel Xeon" a skill set?"

Individuals skilled in Intel Xeon are highly sought after by data centers worldwide (especially the ones in Nauru) because they can can execute four instructions per clock cycle compared to only one instruction per clock cycle for workers who possess only the Intel 486SX skill set and lack the floating point unit skill set.

In addition, hiring an individual with the Intel Xeon skill set will significantly lower your labor costs if you previously employed only people with the 486SX skill set (or gasp...the 286 skill set). One worker skilled in Intel Xeon can replace dozens of 486SX/386/286 skilled workers!

• @DataFrogs - You know ASM?

• Skill level -google.

• @Taz - exactly

@DataFrogs - How old are you?

• TazTaz Member
    edited November 2012

Ranty has better skill then this.

• @DataFrogs - Are you a "putzoi"?

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

I'm curious though, he lists "cPanel, Kloxo, ISPConfig" as control panels as a skill set... but is he able to install any of those without following a guide each time on a machine that does not yet have an operating system installed on it? I noticed many people who list those as skills, usually can't handle the installation if the operating system is not set up for them already.

• Awww man, and I was looking for help! I wanted someone with epic processor knowledge and one click cPanel SUPPORT!

No seriously, someone with technical skills.. I need your assistance. I need you to setup whatever it is that you setup that will make me money. Please be equipped with ninja-level certifications in autoloading httpds and complimentary packages via bash!

wget followed by ./ ! umm, I want WHMCS, wordpress, magneto all installed on an ancient version of apache and would also like to inject a whole bunch of my into sql.

@marcm -- people still use know asm?! lol, but judging from his vast experience with processors would lead you to believe the man knows a fair bit of asm and how to make them run like buttah!

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

@zeds I think marcm actually knows some x86 and 86_64 assembly. I personally never had the patience with 4 and 8bit assembly back in the day.

• @zeds said: @marcm -- people still use know asm?! lol, but judging from his vast experience with processors would lead you to believe the man knows a fair bit of asm and how to make them run like buttah!

It's required in a lot of places - e.g. video encoding/decoding. You'll just need to handcode it in some places to get the performance. Some Android programs/games also require this.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

@concerto49 it's also a handy skillset in cracking/nulling software... altering instruction jumps and what not.

• @concerto49 Aye, I see what you mean. It's just been awhile since I've encountered a need for it, I'm curious the extent of asm being used in android app/game development. I don't know much about asm except for that class.. years ago:)

Most games are using java/python via the GAE correct? I can think of a few java related asm ops that could be used..all above my head though!

Anyways, to avoid being off topic. I hope OP you find a place, if you're interested in showing your skills instead of writing about them(english not being your native tounge) -- I'm always willing to provide a medium for talented folks to shine.

Take it easy!

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2012

@zeds said: Most games are using java/python via the GAE correct? I can think of a few java related asm ops that could be used..all above my head though!

At least during the early days Android Java was very un-optimized and anything CPU intensive resorted to ASM.

The other reason is a lot of bigger companies port their engines - it's all C++/ASM anyway, so they just port it.

@zeds said: It's just been awhile since I've encountered a need for it, I'm curious the extent of asm being used in android app/game development.

Game engines make extensive use of AVX, SSE4, etc for physics, for decoding, for all sorts of things... Anything math related.

I use it for my sorting algorithms cough cough in a database research project.

• @Datafrogs 'programming' That's a skill, yes, but there's a whole range, what do you code? VB? Greenfoot? Python?

• @eastonch given his "impressive" list, he'll probably say either HTML or PHP...