Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

all vm's down no response to the tickets...

• wychwych Member

@Yoda said:
    Do you guys still have your uptime? Seems like they 'froze' the VMs.

On one yes, on another no.

• TomTom Member

@wych said:
    On one yes, on another no.

Interesting, thanks! I still have my 224 days uptime.

• @Yoda said:
    Interesting, thanks! I still have my 224 days uptime.

do you actually consider that to be 224 days uptime still? even with 20 hours of downtime now and whenever else they put it into suspended mode.

• TomTom Member

@JoeMerit said:
    do you actually consider that to be 224 days uptime still? even with 20 hours of downtime now and whenever else they put it into suspended mode.

Of course not. Infact, it dies in ~2 hours 20 mins.

• wychwych Member

@Yoda said:
    Of course not.

Perks of external monitoring :)

Thanked by 1Tom
  • My VPS was up and running when I got up this morning, except that IPv6 connectivity was a no-go. That was restored this afternoon. Hate to leave JAX, but I have to give the support staff a tip of the hat for a virtually painless transition.

I took a quick peek when creating the IPv6 trouble report, and my last trouble ticket with Crissic was over a year ago. Hope the coming year goes as smoothly.

• VPS offline & management console unreachable.

• Sigh. Ditto. I'm on OVZ04. Which one are you on? (Is the outage one node, or is it wider?)

• 90% sure I'm on OVZ04 as well, can't even get into SolusVM right now. manage.crissic.net is timing out...

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited August 2015

Down here too :/

Edit: Seems like everything is down? Can't even get into the client area

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited August 2015

my vps on jax02 is offline. it says online in solusvm but the ip is 100% unreachable.

edit: vps fully accessable via serial console, just wont talk to the world

• I was on OVZ04 too, everything seems back up now. (For me at least)

• Mine seems back to normal and accessible -- at least Nagios is happy. The uptime shows almost 4 days, so that means there was no power failure or catastrophic hardware failure on the box, but probably a network issue tonight. I guess it also means they hibernated the hosts when the moved them yesterday, rather than shutting them down in JAX and cold booting them in Miami. Interesting.

• rpollestadrpollestad Member
    edited August 2015

@wych said:
    Any response?

Been almost 12 hours now. Still not fixed. No reply or update to the support ticket as yet.

Edit: I lied. They did reply and said everything was fine, when it's clearly still broken. But they did actually reply to the ticket.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

@rpollestad said:
    Edit: I lied. They did reply and said everything was fine, when it's clearly still broken. But they did actually reply to the ticket.

I got a generic everything should be up, if not let us know and by the time I had read it both boxes were back up.

Seems there was also a network glitch overnight too.

The monitor ns1 (ns1.) is back UP (Host Is Reachable) (It was down for 56 minutes and 53 seconds).

• radiansradians Member
    edited August 2015

Mine seems back to normal and accessible yesterday at 6 pm (GMT +7).
    I really appreciate the support of the team's performance when I'm presentation into the client even the server was down for a while. i was submit ticket and they reply
    "Please try again now and let us know if you are still experiencing any problems."
    at least thank you for today.

• ehabehab Member
    edited August 2015

i didn't feel a anything... "is this real life!" just wanted to thank the support for their rapid work.

• yeah may be they feedback was slow down, they are also workers. I think receiving client complaints is also not easy.

• @rpollestad said:

their doing the same thing to me. on my jax02 vps 2 of the ips stopped working all of a sudden yesterday. the vps is online and only accessible via serial console.

i didnt make any changes to the vps for months, and their telling me its my iptables. i flushed them and it still does not work.

i told them they are free to login to my vps and set iptables themselves.

the issue is clearly on their side yet they say its all fine.

• wychwych Member

@xaitmi said:
    the issue is clearly on their side yet they say its all fine.

Whats a traceroute to the IP's show?

• xaitmi said: their doing the same thing to me. on my jax02 vps 2 of the ips stopped working all of a sudden yesterday. the vps is online and only accessible via serial console.

Same for me, still inaccessible as of nearly 12:00 EDT today. I'm on node OVZ14.

• wych said: Whats a traceroute to the IP's show?

All good until I get here:

13 91 ms 106 ms 78 ms 173.44.33.178.static.quadranet.com [173.44.33.178] 14 107 ms 113 ms 136 ms 107.150.0.37 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out.

• FWIW, my server (hosted on OVZ04) luckily seems to escaped most of this wrath. It has been up and stable since last night's outage. I kept my ticket open after my VPS came back and asked for an explanation. This morning I was told, "There was a kernel panic on the server. We are investigating". I doubt it was on my server, since it still shows a last-boot time of Aug 20th. Perhaps it was on one of their routers?

Are folks still having problems at this point? I had lunch with a friend who claimed his VPS was still unreachable by anything but the console, but that was several hours ago.

• joeyfjoeyf Member
    edited August 2015

Yes, they told me the same thing. I can only log in via console. They said my IP is the only one in the block with a problem. They changed my IP address and it's doing the same thing. Now they want me to reload my OS.

• @joeyf: It's unlikely to be a problem you caused since (1) your networking was working in JAX and (2) you didn't change anything. (Well, now that they've given you a new IP, that is no longer the case.)

I presume you have tried rebooting your virtual server.

While logged in from the console, what is the first few lines of output from a traceroute to some external box? (I believe the 1st line will show the IP of the host machine, in all likelihood 107.150.0.37.) If it doesn't get beyond that, it's almost assuredly a routing issue in quadranet's data center or the host, and if 107.150.0.37 is the host, your external traceroute pretty much narrows the problem down to the host.

Have you tried the "Reconfigure Networking" tab on the VPS Control Panel?

Also, does anything in "ifconfig -a" look suspicious?

For grins, I just rebooted my VPS to see if it would survive a reboot. (It did.)

• Yeah, I tried all those options and said f'kit and reloaded the OS and I'm back up. Lost a whole day of service yesterday and most of today troubleshooting when I figure can just rebuild my server in a few hours rather than play their ticket game. Pissed, had it all configured and chugging along fine for months until this move. I'm going to be benchmarking and making sure I'm getting the same performance I should be getting.

• ATHKATHK Member

Name servers in resolv.conf incorrect then?

• 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 was what I saw.

• Did you update the ip routing to venet0? Has anyone even checked that their assigned ip is even routed correctly?

Might be something to look into if the box is not getting out, but hey what do I know I am just a monkey with a keyboard.

Thanked by 1lazyt