Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

sleddog said: Waiting to see all IPv4-only offers removed from LEB....

Applying this retroactively is not fair. To say the least.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @mpkossen said:
    Well, maybe (if popular demand supports it) we should only lists hosts on LowEndBox.com that support IPv6.

No IPv6 == no joy.

Multiple IPv4 with a VPS == you're wasting resources.

I am serious. More than 50 thanks to this post and it will become policy: no IPv6 === no listing on LowEndBox.com. Anybody/anything trying to stop that (for political reasons) will get the full load.

Congrats on 59 likes. @jbiloh whats your take on being officially not allowed to post on your own blog?

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: @jbiloh whats your take on being officially not allowed to post on your own blog?

Take is this: He needs to pull his finger out and deploy IPv6 support.

Thanked by 3sin Maounique adly
  • @kcaj said:
    Take is this: He needs to pull his finger out and deploy IPv6 support.

I give you that. But im on a different coin. ColoCrossing owns LEB/LET and a admin under appointment from CC is adding a rule that prevents them and their resellers from posting is one sure way to kick off a shit storm. But granted yea get IPv6 rolled out

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    ColoCrossing owns LEB/LET and a admin under appointment from CC is adding a rule that prevents them and their resellers from posting is one sure way to kick off a shit storm.

Or maybe, just maybe, the admin's actions will act more so as a means of encouragement and proof that IPv6 is something the market wants, and thus will result in being a priority on the CC's to-do list?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Zappie said:
    proof that IPv6 is something the market wants

The problem is, this isn't what the "market" wants. Many big (and not so big) players sitting on large quantities of IPv4 isn't specially a show of interest for IPv6 development: exactly the opposite.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Zappie said:
    Or maybe, just maybe, the admin's actions will act more so as a means of encouragement and proof that IPv6 is something the market wants, and thus will result in being a priority on the CC's to-do list?

Or they tell mpkossen to shut the fuck up. Which is the most cost effective?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

From the mail today:

First and foremost, I'd like to assure you that QuadraNet has no plans to change the excellent pricing and services offered to you by Crissic.

We'll see.

• MarkTurner said: was in a meeting two weeks ago with Alcatel and the big demand they are seeing is NAT. NAT is a whole lot easier to implement than IPv6 because IPv4 works on EVERY DSL/cable router irrespective how crappy it is.

This a huge point that I think few people appreciate, I work in the telco industry. Replacing CPE, training employees and educating customers is a massive and expensive undertaking. It's not just a residential problem, either. There is a boatload of last mile and premise equipment that does not support IPv6. Add to that very few businesses have the technical resources to understand, much less implement IPv6.

Hell, there's still plenty of core equipment that still doesn't properly support IPv6 . . . and you don't find many engineers or techs twiddling their thumbs looking for something to do.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

MarkTurner said: NAT is a whole lot easier to implement than IPv6

And? Yeah that's something I often see, people who don't understand IPv6 believe it's either-or. Nope, we'll have both, NAT on IPv4 and native IPv6.

Microlinux said: Replacing CPE, training employees and educating customers

Whining about this is so 2008. Not relevant anymore when we are now at 8% deployment globally and over 50% in some countries. It can be done, and it has been done, no one went bankrupt, and it's being done right now -- apparently by companies who see a bit further than the next financial quarter.

• This is a great idea for VPSs. Having a bunch of half-assed tunnels wouldn't be so cool. I do think we should push IPV6 as hard as possible because the fact is IPV4s are running out and people should be exposed to ipv6 before it becomes a crisis.

• FZombie said: people should be exposed to ipv6 before it becomes a crisis.

It's sort of already is a crisis.

@black said:
    It's sort of already is a crisis.

Not yet, people are happy to pay to avoid change, so, as long as they fork 1 Eur a month for an IPv4, there will be people to offer it because renting ranges for a year is cheaper than that, so, everyone profits.
    The crisis will hit when some % of the traffic will be IPv6 only, I believe 10%, maybe 15, then every content provider will scramble to have a chance to compete for that traffic.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Or they tell mpkossen to shut the fuck up. Which is the most cost effective?

Guys, let's keep this discussion to QuadraNet and Crissic. I realize I started derailing it, but please let's stop that.

I'll not gloss over what I've posted and will get back to it once I have time this weekend. No worries.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

@FZombie said:
    This is a great idea for VPSs. Having a bunch of half-assed tunnels wouldn't be so cool. I do think we should push IPV6 as hard as possible because the fact is IPV4s are running out and people should be exposed to ipv6 before it becomes a crisis.

Well, my last words to you @SkylarM: being with you (Crissic) for ~2 years, I want to thank you for your amazing service. I'll miss Crissic.

*** Off-topic ***

Aw... I get a killer price on IPv4s :)

(16 cents per IPv4 to be exact - pretty cheap considering the fact I don't want to become an ASN for a huge price and the whole depletion thing)

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • doghouch said: Aw... I get a killer price on IPv4s :)

(16 cents per IPv4 to be exact - pretty cheap considering the fact I don't want to become an ASN for a huge price and the whole depletion thing)

You won't get that soon enough :)

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @concerto49 said:

one of the many reasons I've packed up my box, cancelled a lot of things, and the remaining servers I'm just letting them sit idle and donating bandwidth to various projects.

• Received the email this morning.

I have 2 services with them, still hesitating if I should be moving.

Server said: I have 2 services with them, still hesitating if I should be moving.

Important services: don't move, replicate.
    Unimportant: don't move, see what happens.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • CrabCrab Member

Went to Crissic for their good pricing and rock solid QuadraNet network. I'm just going to sit tight and nope the services and prices stay as they are.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited August 2015

@rm_ said:
    Whining about this is so 2008.

You clearly don't work in the industry or fully understand the economics, so I can understand why you might think that. Unfortunately, it doesn't change reality.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

@concerto49 said:

That would ruin my IPv4 hoarding plans :(

• dwhsdwhs Member

Love QuadraNet, good job guys!

• I wonder if Quadranet will move the Florida servers from Jacksonville to their Miami data center.

• marlmarl Member

i have 512MB $21/year with 2ip expiring next month, is renewing still a good option?

If you need the two IPs and the VM was a good performer, yes. The risk is about the same with another provider and might even cost more.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • Crissic IP now Quadranet

NetRange: 104.129.0.0 - 104.129.63.255
    CIDR: 104.129.0.0/18
    NetName: CRISSIC
    NetHandle: NET-104-129-0-0-1
    Parent: NET104 (NET-104-0-0-0-0)
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    OriginAS: AS62639
    Organization: QuadraNet, Inc (QUADR-20)
    RegDate: 2014-06-02
    Updated: 2015-08-14
    Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-104-129-0-0-1

OrgName: QuadraNet, Inc
    OrgId: QUADR-20
    Address: 530 W 6th Street
    Address: Suite 901
    City: Los Angeles
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 90014
    RegDate: 2010-01-14
    Updated: 2014-06-09
    Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/QUADR-20

• miaumiau Member
    edited August 2015

so.. I was under impression that Crissic is now completely under Quadranet.

And I risked my 256mb crissic account there installing rtorrent, learning how to set up whatever it need to get the webui working - assuming the AUP is now on Quadranet, and there are no clause in Quadranet AUP that says p2p software isn't allowed. (too much free time I guess).

well.. shit. I got my box suspended.

• miau said: so.. I was under impression that Crissic is now completely under Quadranet.

And I risked my 256mb crissic account there installing rtorrent, learning how to set up whatever it need to get the webui working - assuming the AUP is now on Quadranet, and there are no clause in Quadranet AUP that says p2p software isn't allowed. (too much free time I guess).

well.. shit. I got my box suspended.

Hi Miau,

I sincerely apologize about the inconvenience and misunderstanding. Please be informed that while management/ownership has been changed to QuadraNet, Crissic remains a separate brand.

The same AUP that Crissic has always enforced still applies, nothing in its policies has been changed or altered in anyway since QuadraNet has acquired Crissic: https://my.crissic.net/aup.php

If you respond to the AUP violation ticket, the Crissic support staff are more than happy to unsuspend your VPS if you agree to remove the item(s) that violate Crissic's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).

Thanks!

• miaumiau Member
    edited August 2015

@QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Hi Miau,

>

I sincerely apologize about the inconvenience and misunderstanding. Please be >informed that while management/ownership has been changed to QuadraNet, Crissic >remains a separate brand.

>

The same AUP that Crissic has always enforced still applies, nothing in its policies has >been changed or altered in anyway since QuadraNet has acquired Crissic: >https://my.crissic.net/aup.php

>

If you respond to the AUP violation ticket, the Crissic support staff are more than happy >to unsuspend your VPS if you agree to remove the item(s) that violate Crissic's >Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).

>

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the clarification.

Also thanks for fast ticket response. My service has been resumed and now in compliance with Crissic's AUP.