Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offshore Email Host Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offshore Email Host Providers

Hello LET! I am looking for a offshore email provider that I can use with my own domain.

Provider must not be in 5 eyes and must have a good privacy record protecting customers.

Provider must have clean IP's and not be blacklisted for spam. I do not need email for spam!

Thank you LET!

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

What are your requirements with rgds to price and disk space? How many addresses?

• budget ? location ?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@cociu said:
    budget ? location ?

Have you checked the offer forum?

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Which locations you are looking for ?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

I haven't tried them (I always go self-hosted), but these guys are in Norway -- https://runbox.com/

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Why does it have to be offshore ? any specific reasons ?

• @heartbleed i am located in Romania if you are interesed in this location pm with details

• @BlaZe said:
    Why does it have to be offshore ? any specific reasons ?

Spamming, scamming, or some people just think NSA would be interested in knowing every single details about every single human being on this planet including what they wrote to their girlfriends/boyfriends last night :)

• perennate said: I haven't tried them (I always go self-hosted), but these guys are in Norway -- https://runbox.com/

Talking about offshore hosting but site refer to New York Times and USA today etc, just funny.. Also more easier and cheaper way buy shared hosting with email and create for yourself.

fitvpn said: Talking about offshore hosting but site refer to New York Times and USA today etc, just funny..

Um... yeah I don't see anything wrong with that? Do you think the New York Times is published by the U.S. government? If so then you better move to Antarctica...

• perennate said: perennate

Real Norways never refer to US magazines.

• @spammy said:
    some people just think NSA would be interested in knowing every single details about every single human being on this planet including what they wrote to their girlfriends/boyfriends last night :)

Then the server which receives the email should be in the same DC as otherwise I guess the NSA will be capable of capturing this as well.

@heartbleed said: I do not need email for spam!

What then if offshore is required??

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

nexusrain said: Then the server which receives the email should be in the same DC as otherwise I guess the NSA will be capable of capturing this as well.

No NSA - and no one else - can currently break RSA. Use Forward Secrecy and you are fine. Not even if they had a quantum computer (which they don't have, the Quantum Computer of DWave (128 Qubits, but intanglement is not proven, so they are basically just 128 individual Qubits) cannot run Shors Algorithm and i highly doubt the NSA or anyone else invented a QC with more than 5 tangled Qbits, so useless for Shors algorithm).

edited August 2015

fitvpn said: Real Norways never refer to US magazines.

Pretty sure real Norwegians don't call themselves "Norways".

Anyway they have a terms of service and privacy policy, I'm sure violation of that will result in similar penalties to violating such terms in the U.S.

• perennate said: Pretty sure real Norwegians don't call themselves "Norways".

Just shortened incorrectly, lets say Norwegians, OK

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Why is everyone imputing nefarious intentions to him?

heartbleed said: Provider must not be in 5 eyes and must have a good privacy record protecting customers.

In my humble opinion, all alleged "privacy conscious" email providers merely offer snake oil. Lavabit was the only exception. :(

Why American companies not input badges like - seen on Deutschen Welle - for example?

edited August 2015

fitvpn said: Why American companies not input badges like - seen on Deutschen Welle - for example?

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_world_by_circulation shows USA Today and New York times are both among the top 100 newspapers in circulation. The only German newspaper on that list is Bild, and Bild seems to deliver a different type of "news".

2. Most companies don't have an "as featured in" anyway, it looks stupid. If I do a web search for "as featured in Der Spiegel" related to "offshore", then runbox is the only result I see at all.

At any rate, w2.brreg.no/enhet/sok/detalj.jsp?orgnr=996877027 indicates the company is registered in Norway, and subject to Norwegian law (including data protection laws), so what exactly is the issue you have with them?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

perennate said: perennate

Not talking about top 100 or what they wrote, this other story not related to popularity.

Also a couple more options:

edited August 2015

fitvpn said: Not talking about top 100 or what they wrote, this other story. Where made these articles?

Do you seriously not understand? I am saying USA Today and New York Times are among the 100 top circulated newspapers, that is why you would mention them and not some random "Deutschen Welle" newspaper. Similarly,

Also:

They are just saying they are mentioned in some newspapers. It should not be a factor in determining what kind of privacy protections they offer, or whether they would be subject to a warrant issued in the U.S. I mean do you really think that a newspaper mentioning a company automatically makes that company subject to all of the laws of the country that the newspaper is in?

Just wondering about their prices, 1Gb mailbox from 50$ yearly :) Why not buy shared on same location for 10-25 per year and create email for yourself?

edited August 2015

fitvpn said: Just wondering about their prices, 1Gb mailbox from 50$ yearly :) Why not buy shared on same location for 10-25 per year and create email for yourself?

They can encrypt e-mail that is received by their mail server with your PGP key, most shared hosting services don't offer that. If it wasn't encrypted by sender then mail server can still see it, but before it's stored it gets encrypted so that's a big plus. They also use distributed infrastructure, most shared host will pile all the e-mail on one server so there's a much greater chance of data loss.

• @William said:
    NSA - and no one else - can currently break RSA.

And we know this because... ? :p

• deadbeef said: And we know this because... ? :p

Because else the would sell that technology - A working quantum computer (with qubit entanglement) would generate billions of income, much more than the NSA would ever get from the US government.

• @William said:
    Because else the would sell that technology - A working quantum computer (with qubit entanglement) would generate billions of income, much more than the NSA would ever get from the US government.

The US government can create virtually unlimited amounts of money accepted worldwide out of thin air, there's no one richer anywhere on this planet.

But my question was how do we know if they can crack RSA, not if they have a working quantum computer.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

deadbeef said: The US government can create virtually unlimited amounts of money accepted worldwide out of thin air, there's no one richer anywhere on this planet.

Obligatory comment about how printing money reduces it's value ;)

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

deadbeef said: But my question was how do we know if they can crack RSA, not if they have a working quantum computer.

If you know anything about RSA you would know that it cannot be cracked unless you have a system to run Shors algorithm on - Which only works on a real Quantum computer with Qubit entanglement. No normal hardware can run Shors algorithm within a useable timeframe on normal hardware (including GPUs and CPUs) without it taking 100years+ to crack a single key pair.

A working quantum computer (again, with qubit entanglement, not like Dwave 1/2) would also, singlehandedly over night, revolutionize any traditional computing and would be worth billions if not trillions of dollars - much more than the US gov can ever put into the NSA or all other agencies combined, possibly even more than the entire US economy is worth.

• @William said:

I won't press the "who's richer" part. What I don't understand is that you are saying these things at the same time:

• NSA can currently crack RSA
    • Cracking RSA requires a real QC
    • NSA does not have a real QC because if it did, it would have sold it.

They can't all be true at the same time!

• @Jar said:
    Obligatory comment about how printing money reduces it's value ;)

Deprecation lags a lot, especially in the US for reasons I won't analyze at this post. Counting it in decades is a safe bet.