Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BudgetVM Or PrismaVPS , Need Your Opinion Please - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BudgetVM Or PrismaVPS , Need Your Opinion Please

Comments

• @legendofalex said: good deal , but i'll wait for another ;)

i'd have grabbed the offer of @Maounique - Prometeus, top voted host, very stable for a loong time.

• mmmmmmmmmmmm , the HDD space Is Low :(

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Pay more get more?

• @legendofalex your being an idiot right now. The memory is the cheap part of this deal, the i/o is the expensive part. That is why the space is lower on these, as we are hosts who don't oversell the i/o

• Consider also provider rep

• Well, I've been BudgetVM customer for a couple of days. I've got their 1 GB plan.
    No glitch, downtime, reboot or anything up until now.
    The node I'm on has awesome HW and decent networks See my other thread for bencmark.

Support wait-time is a bit on the high side. Taking couple hours at least, but no more than 24 hours. The one who answered most of my tickets appear to be the CTO. Methink BudgetVM might be short of tech support staff. You might want to consider that.

• @WhizzWr said: Well, I've been BudgetVM customer for a couple of days. I've got their 1 GB plan.

No glitch, downtime, reboot or anything up until now.
    The node I'm on has awesome HW and decent networks See my other thread for bencmark.

Support wait-time is a bit on the high side. Taking couple hours at least, but no more than 24 hours. The one who answered most of my tickets appear to be the CTO. Methink BudgetVM might be short of tech support staff. You might want to consider that.

so .... what is your opinion ??

• You are In LA or Chicago .. ?

• @24khost said: your being an idiot right now. The memory is the cheap part of this deal, the i/o is the expensive part. That is why the space is lower on these, as we are hosts who don't oversell the i/o

Yes really , i'm Idiot i know that ;) , but i'm still reading the shared Exp. here then i will take the final Decession :)

• @legendofalex if you really serious about needing a vps. We are more than glad to help you but something for nothing is not going to happen.

• @24khost said: @legendofalex if you really serious about needing a vps. We are more than glad to help you but something for nothing is not going to happen.

I appreciate your Help , Be Sure that i will choose you at the End Of discussion , but if you over sell , be sure too that i will kill you :D :D :D

@legendofalex said: I appreciate your Help , Be Sure that i will choose you at the End Of discussion , but if you over sell , be sure too that i will kill you :D :D :D

Any host offering the specs you want at the prices you want is overselling by a lot. I think you need to re-evaluate your whole plan here.

• he said i will not over sell :)

• @legendofalex You need to understand how vps work. You can oversell on a box but you can't oversell to extremes. I can over sell the heck out of memory but the part that really is going to suffer is the disk i/o . Overselling if done right is healthy. We didn't say we didn't oversell our memory but we don't oversell disk i/o.

• which is likely alot of your problem at chicagovps is i/o overselling.

• yes Bro this is my Error With them .....

• WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited November 2012

@legendofalex said: so .... what is your opinion ??

I'm on Chicago.
    My opinion on BudgetVM HW & Network are generally good. You got a ton resources for a petty price. That's the point, considering the price point BudgetVM is offering one shouldn't get his/her hopes too high.

Supports left a lot things to be desired. not good If you're running something important, then again I have been their customer only for a couple of days. Just my $.02

• all the deals we offered you were non-oversold i/o. Overselling of memory and such is healthy and keeps your providers around in the LEB area cause otherwise they couldn't make any money.

• who cares about bigger HD or more Ram?
    If the server goes down every other day like bugetvm, or gone for months like Avante, or disappears like Hostitek, no matter how big or attractive vps is, it doesn't matter.
    @24khost or @Prometeus are solid, upper 99% uptime, all the time.
    Go with best uptime box, not best spec..

• thanks for vouching for us @LAKid

@legendofalex said: he said i will not over sell :)

Even if they do, that's not inherently a bad thing. It depends on how they manage the overselling that can make it good or bad. Overselling is actually GOOD for clients if done the right way because the host can make more money off less resources and then put more of that back into the company. You just have to find a host that you trust in terms of dedication to their company.

• Exactly Nick I said it before you but that is alright. Maybe he got the idea.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@LAKid said: @24khost or @Prometeus are solid, upper 99% uptime, all the time.

Thanks !
    Regarding BudgetVM, I agree they are good for the money, but I would not use them for professional purposes.
    There is also a reason why Prometeus has separate Biz plans, on separate machines, with only 16-32 RAM mostly on SSD and undersold. They also include 20 GB FTP backup space out of the country as well as regular backups for disaster recovery purposes, with restrictions regarding IRC, gameservers and Tor there so the 1 Gbps port is as safe as possible from DDoS and network abuse from misconfigured services. The difference is minimal and fully worth the features IMO. If you are going to be a business, take Pro plans, go with a reputable provider, close to your location (preferably in Egypt as local providers have local peerings and the speed will be much better).
    You should not start a business on low end extremely oversold hardware at the other end of the world just because it is cheap, you may not have tons of money now, but the difference between 10 and 20 dollars is not worth your business reputation in any way, shape or form.
    M

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@gameon said: how to order Egypt / Middle-east location , can't find it in your site

It will available Soon :)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

@legendofalex said: @key12 , i'm very surprised that u know Egypt :) , + is this quality host ??

Some I/O test, it's Dallas network good connection in Egypt :)

[root@DS-03 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=16k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 0.376768 seconds, 712 MB/s
    [root@DS-03 ~]#

and

[root@DS-01 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=16k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 0.585595 seconds, 458 MB/s
    [root@DS-01 ~]#

How about a 1GB file?

• if its for business, dont be too stingy. too good to be true offers will give lots of headache

• I use PrismaVPS.

Good owners. Good location. Plenty of bandwidth. Zero problems so far.

Prices are very discounted too.

• @legendofalex said: i'm going to open a hosting company and offer shared and reseller hosting

This is a joke right?

• @Zetta said: This is a joke right?

ya ya , i'm joking :@ :