Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BudgetVM Or PrismaVPS , Need Your Opinion Please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BudgetVM Or PrismaVPS , Need Your Opinion Please

legendofalexlegendofalex Member
edited November 2012 in General

Hello Guys , I want to buy a budget vps with more ram , and good processor

then i found 2 companies which is http://www.prismavps.com/ , and http://www.budgetvm.com/linux-vps.php

i'm going to buy a 4 gigs ram , vps and another 2 gigs ram , All OpenVZ

So , Can You Tell Me Which Company is the best , and if you know another company with the same prices and good service , let me know and share your EXP . with us

Comments

• There was a thread about budgetVM on here just the other day, give it a search :)

As for prismaVPS, i haven't heard of them nor have any personal experience.

• I'm using a VPS from BudgetVM, here are some bad things:

• Auto reboot
    • Auto offline network
    • Slow support

I paid $4/month for 1GB VPS and it is using for testing private apps so I got what I paid for :P

• where is your VPS hosted , Chicago or LA ?

• okay guys but i need a fast answer , to buy or not ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • @legendofalex said: okay guys but i need a fast answer , to buy or not ;)

Why rush? Take your time and put in the research or be left with a bad taste in your mouth and a pending paypal dispute.

• Also, does this need to be in the US?

• no , i'm From Egypt / Africa ... so any where could help ;)

• Have you considered us?

• you have a high prices ;)

• DannyAlexDannyAlex Member
    edited November 2012

i would vote for neither.
    you get what you pay for.
    well if you really want to pick one up,go budgetvm

• so you think that the budget vps will be not good from the 2 copmpanies , so what about a reseller , or master reseller ..... ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

For quality I heard prisma is better, I have a budgetvm and I am not impressed.
    Too bad you are in a hurry, otherwise I would have made you an offer from Prometeus in Italy which is quite close, for example a 27 eur a quarter (9/month) 3 GB vps or one built to order since our largest plan is 3 GB.
    Can also offer SSD and/or Biz plans with Xen/KVM, but will be more expensive.

M

• As @Maounique says,Prometeus will be better choice.

• tell me about a 3gb ram vps , but a quality service please , ;) , and use the Dollar currency too ;)

edited November 2012

Prometeus was voted the most popular provider here in the third quarter. Quality is among the best that lowend market can offer: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/lowendbox-top-providers-q3-2012-the-results/
    Dont have the lowest prices, tho.
    Now we have finally a SAS2 raid node with SSD assisted storage. Eur/Dollar ratio at prometeus is 1:1.3, so i guess 9 Eur would be 11.7 Dollars.
    Look here for our plans, they are explained in more detail: http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=871&sid=b551c4ae28d7aeea9170b578d4842718
    That board is hosted on an OVZ plan of 512 MB ram.
    M

• the plan that i'm looking for is only yearly pay ...:(

No, that is only an example, I didnt put all the possible payment schemes :)
    Anyway, if you register to the board you can find a coupon for 10% recurring discount or 50% one month non-recurring.
    M

• can you give me here a good plan with 3gb ram and a monthly fee " i don't like reading " , just type every thing here , this will be easy ;)

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2012

120GB HDD
    4096MB RAM
    4096MB VSwap
    1250GB Bandwidth
    Access to 4x CPU Cores
    100Mbit Network Uplink
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address

£12.00/month (That's half the price of our RRP) hosted in the Equinix facility in Dusseldorf, Germany. 12 British pounds sterling = 19.1700 US dollars

• @Maounique said: Too bad you are in a hurry, otherwise I would have made you an offer from Prometeus in Italy which is quite close, for example a 27 eur a quarter (9/month) 3 GB vps or one built to order since our largest plan is 3 GB.

For the sake of public disclosure, does this person know you work at Prometeus?

• @legendofalex I do have a PrismaVPS myself and the reliability is great.

edited November 2012

From Prometeus (no special here, just the regular):
    40 GB SAS2 RAID 6 storage (depends on node, might have SSD cache/raid5 too)
    3072 MB RAM
    4000 GB Traffic
    4 E5 cores
    1 gbps uplink
    1 IPv4 address
    4 IPv6
    11 Eur a month, 9 payed for a quarter, 7.5 payed for a year.
    In dollars:
    14.3 for monthly, 11.7 for quarterly, 9.75 if payed yearly.
    You can apply a 10% coupon if you register in the forum.
    M

edited November 2012

@bamn said: For the sake of public disclosure, does this person know you work at Prometeus?

Since I say I would make him an offer, I think it is obvious.
    I also can confirm I heard good things about Prisma from ppl I know, but I do not have a VPS with them. I have with BudgetVM and I would not recommend it for a business type usage, but is good for personal usage and backup.
    M

• so at this time , prisma is the best , and @Maounique 's offer is good .

• what about CENTRIOHOST , they offer good master reseller hosting which is better than the vps + cpanel lic. + security + managing ....
    http://www.centriohost.com/

• @legendofalex said: what about CENTRIOHOST , they offer good master reseller hosting which is better than the vps + cpanel lic. + security + managing ....

http://www.centriohost.com/

This is a VPS forum, we don't care about shared/reseller hosting :P

You do not need cpanel for hosting, but, if you need hosting only and not much CPU/dont need special features that the provider doesnt offer, then go with shared hosting.
    M