Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to lease a /24 , /23 ARIN IPv4 Block - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to lease a /24 , /23 ARIN IPv4 Block

Comments

• anyone?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

MrRapidHost said: anyone?

Consider just outright buying blocks? Wouldn't have to deal with pricing changes, getting revoked / reclaimed etc.

• You already found $50 and $60 -- the cheapest in the market, no one is going to go lower, there's 0 point -- what are you still looking for?

• @Francisco, @William: how hard is it to clean up such "dirty" IP space?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@aglodek said:
    Francisco, William: how hard is it to clean up such "dirty" IP space?

From what I've seen, a lot of the BL's are auto aging if they don't see repeat abuse.

Spamhaus will be hard if it's on the /ARIN list, to the point of 'you gotta sit on it for a while'. There's some ISP's that won't route SBL'd space so again, you might get yourself in a catch 22 where you can't show legit usage. There was a fellow that messaged me yesterday that got 2 /24's blown up by being careless with his vetting process (or he was just straight up a spammer) and he couldn't announce his IP space anymore at his datacenter since they refused to route SBL'd space.

Francisco

Thanked by 2aglodek GCat
  • Don't buy it if it's on the drop list, all i can say.

Thanked by 1Francisco

@UnitUnidentified said:
    Don't buy it if it's on the drop list, all i can say.

This guy was so yeah, his stuff is dead to a lot of places.

Francisco

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    There is a lot of people that perma nullroute dirty IP space at their edges. I mean, there was at least one project that spawned up just to make it easier to blacklist a few providers on the east coast, and places like Phychz are also blocked by many places due to how dirty their stuff is.

Maybe one day you'll learn to spell our name right.

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/frantech.ca

Yes, I'm sure the 2 listings that we already emailed them for are going to get us on the DROP list :) At no point has there been a discussion on any of the large hosting communities that mentioned "I want to drop all of Frantech's space since we see countless bruteforce's and everything else running from it".

Francisco

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Yes, I'm sure the 2 listings that we already emailed them for are going to get us on the DROP list :) At no point has there been a discussion on any of the large hosting communities that mentioned "I want to drop all of Frantech's space since we see countless bruteforce's and everything else running from it".

You mean these threads?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1176566

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1850/any-reason-not-to-drop-packets-from-psychz-net/p1

These are a few years old already... as you can see we learned from the abuse we had and now we might give you a tip or two on handling abuse.

• @UnitUnidentified said: Don't buy it if it's on the drop list, all i can say.

What droplist? Where to check? Or are you referring to SBL's as "drop list"?

@PhotonVPS said:
    These are a few years old already... as you can see we learned from the abuse we had and now we might give you a tip or two on handling abuse.

HAHA I like you, well played.

But, there's always more to things like those 2 listings than lets on :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @Francisco said:

I've got ranges delisted from SBL, my last range I got delisted (/24), took me 2 weeks to do

@GCat said:

I've never had to do subnets on Frantech so I don't know how it is now. I do know the guy that messaged me had got the blocks in June and Spamhaus nuked him 2 months later.

He's been trying to get delisted and Spamhaus gave a very simple "no way".

Francisco

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @Francisco said:
    He's been trying to get delisted and Spamhaus gave a very simple "no way".

What did he do?

And as a side question, if you got a dirty subnet, would they let you clean it as it's changed hands?

edited January 2016

@0xdragon said:
    And as a side question, if you got a dirty subnet, would they let you clean it as it's changed hands?

I would assume so, but you will get the 3rd degree investigation.

The guy linked the SBLs last night on irc and he either was a spammer himself or he didn't check his users at signup time, or more likely, spam money is very good.

Francisco

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @Francisco said:

If subnet is sold it can be delisted on proof of transfer/sale.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @ItsChrisG said:
    You already found $50 and $60 -- the cheapest in the market, no one is going to go lower, there's 0 point -- what are you still looking for?

I already leased out what I found couple of months ago and now they are out of stock and im in need of 1 more block

• HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited January 2016

@aglodek said:
    Francisco, William: how hard is it to clean up such "dirty" IP space?

Does anyone around here sell dirty IP space? (ARIN specifically for me)

• @HackedServer said:
    Does anyone around here sell dirty IP space? (ARIN specifically for me)

so that you can make it more dirty ?

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited January 2016

@Caster said:

Honestly I'd be interested too if it's super cheap. (To clean it up)

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • CasterCaster Member
    edited January 2016

@Jonchun said:

maybe do some hardworking to get the IP for direct cheap price and make it clean from this :

https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/ARIN

• Huh, you pay someone to clean their IPs?

@Jonchun said:

• @PetaByet said:
    Huh, you pay someone to clean their IPs?

sweepers / cleaners

• @PetaByet said: Huh, you pay someone to clean their IPs?

If I read this right, the idea here is to buy (not lease!) "dirty" IP's at a big discount for the purpose of recycling them into "clean" IP's for own use. Assuming this works out, it's a win-win scenario: the previous IP holder (provider, spammer, whatever) unloads pretty much useless resources and the new IP holder converts them into "clean" IP"s, saving himself some money in the process. Depending on pricing, question is whether the savings are worth the effort of "cleaning" the IP's.

• HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited January 2016

@Caster said:

No, because I'm cheap. I already use sendgrid for outgoing mail, what do I care if the IP range is dirty.

• @HackedServer said: No, because I'm cheap. I already use sendgrid for outgoing mail, what do I care if the IP range it dirty.

Okay. Didn't think of that. I stand corrected ;))

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I'm also going to be looking for a /24 soon. Can you guys pm me offers?

• PhotonVPS said: and now we might give you a tip or two on handling abuse.

Your network is still far more dirty than BuyVM.

HackedServer said: Does anyone around here sell dirty IP space? (ARIN specifically for me)

Yes, /21 and up. I have no interest in keeping it any longer; Spamhaus refuses to delist and while i have a bunch of ISPs that route it just fine (cough Retn cough) no one wants to rent it for anything near profit (like 40$+ p. /24) and i have zero use for ARIN. Source has more, their entire /17 (or /18) is listed for (legit, not just their customers) cybercrime since years.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @William said:
    Yes, /21 and up. I have no interest in keeping it any longer; Spamhaus refuses to delist and while i have a bunch of ISPs that route it just fine (cough Retn cough) no one wants to rent it for anything near profit (like 40$+ p. /24) and i have zero use for ARIN. Source has more, their entire /17 (or /18) is listed for (legit, not just their customers) cybercrime since years.

Sent you a pm.