Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup

Comments

• @Dragoon0309 said: I'm hoping at somepoint OVH brings over the little kimsufi's to BHS. It says that the larger ones are there already.

I'm pretty sure they've mentioned that they won't be bringing the Kimsufi line to BHS.

• Dragoon0309Dragoon0309 Member
    edited November 2012

@kalam
    http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/dedicated_list.xml

it says they have stock in two configs at BHS

EDIT: I'm an idiot. It's the i3's ;P

• @Dragoon0309 said: EDIT: I'm an idiot. It's the i3's ;P

Still, I might switch out two of my servers I have in France for that one server in BHS.

• virulentvirulent Member
    edited November 2012

@NateN34 said: Wiped?

They will wipe them after 5 days, if you don't pay your invoice.

When .ie came out with SP 32G I replaced my old EG Best-Of with it. The EG Hybrid has been expired for 14 days now and it has yet to be removed from my panel & wiped :( I am tempted to use it but it would essentially just be a ticking time bomb. They don't sell this machine anymore however so I'm curious to see when it will be removed.

• Pay for it :)

• Too bad their network is so oversold..

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@zachfedora said: Too bad their network is so oversold..

I think it is decent for the money, I had access to a few machines there and i felt that it can use the whole traffic alloted 4-5 times at least, so how is that oversold ?
    Hetzner feels more saturated than OVH. At least it felt a few months back.

• Anyone else to sign up for kimsufi i keep getting an error "1 Erreur
    Veuillez svp choisir votre département"

• @thharris That means you didn't select your province from the drop down list.

• I change the country to canada but its not showing any options for province

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@thharris said: I change the country to canada but its not showing any options for province

Afaik from Canada you are supposed to order at http://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml

• I had a motherboard replaced in 2.5 hours.

tl;dr: Hater's gonna hate, I find OVH to be excellent. <3

• Well, this is the thing.

Most of OVH's systems are all automated. If your server stops responding after a few minutes the automated systems kick in and give you access to fix it (e.g. rescue mode) yourself. Support will take care of any physical hardware changes pretty quickly (damn efficient), but everything beyond that is in your hands (entire un-managed part).

This is why I'm fine with OVH and Kimsufi. They have all their tools set so that if anything happens, you can take care of it yourself.

• @rm_
    Thanks i tried from that site to but its still not showing an option for province, i have emailed there support to see what they say.

Cant just be me, i tried from all the main web browsers and its not showing

• Got my mKS2G after 48 hours of payment, was lucky too!

processor : 0
    model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz
    processor : 1
    processor : 2
    processor : 3

:)

lucky you...
    Well, maybe one day will sell to romania too.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@zachfedora said: Too bad their network is so oversold..

That doesn't match my experiences with OVH.

• ReeRee Member
    edited December 2012

@thharris Try ovh.com/ca/fr instead (assuming you're OK with a Montreal based server instead of France)

(This is assuming you're not already trying to register via that site, which I think is correct since there's no "change the country to Canada" needed since Canada is the only option in the list)

• Oversold? What?

What are you on about? Doesn't fly with a provider who makes all their bw stats public: http://weathermap.ovh.net/

• @Voss said: I'll wait for @HalfEatenPie to take one for the team. Grab one from BHS and then run the serverbear script with it to see how it fares. Hopefully it won't meet the same fate your server with CommercialMedia faced when you ran the script.

Haha yeah... I'm not going to buy anything in the BHS just yet.

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited December 2012

If all you want is a report from a bhs ovh server then I will link you to the run I did on mine: Report

Also:

root:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 1600.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 15945 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1021 MB
    System uptime : 9:54,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 8.69MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 8.15MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 9.43MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.88MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK:
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 6.61MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.21MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.10MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2.59MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 6.31MB/s
    I/O speed : 171 MB/s

• Well I can signup from Canada but then it doesn't let me get the french server like I wanted. I think ill just let this one go. Their support has been so unhelpful. Some of the worst ever. None of the agents have helped they just keep giving misinformation.

I got an email to use the same ovh.ie site since im Canadian. Then signed up and added service and they sent me an email saying they only support the Ireland or UK and linked me to http://www.ovh.ie/availability.xml which doesn't work.

The correct page still even says I can sign up from Canada
    http://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/availability.xml

I don't understand how they can even be in business they can't even help me sign up for service. Let alone if I needed them to actually do something.

• Never had any problems with OVH, nor with their support. On my old mks2G which I rented this spring as a seedbox for 1 month, the HDD died and they replaced it within 1 hour. Lost all data of course, but still fast response for just 15 euros (back then, now it's just 10 euros, ridiculously low). All automatic, never had to mail them. Got an automated email something was wrong with my server and would be investigated asap. After an hour I got an mail hdd was replaced and it was being reinstalled. (no apologies for the dataloss tho.. well can't have everything ;) )

• How is OVH with DCMA and copyright infringement? Do they just shut off the machine or forward complaints?

• @FluX said: How is OVH with DCMA and copyright infringement? Do they just shut off the machine or forward complaints?

Even asking this question is a bit iffy.

• I registered at ovh.com/ca/fr the other day, received my invoice related emails, but then nothing with my server details after it was installed. I could see from the control panel that it was up and running, just didn't know the root password.

So I contacted them and within an hour I had a reply with the expected response (check your spam filter, whitelist *.ovh.ca, etc). I let them know I don't run a spam filter, so that's not it.

Within 30 minutes of my reply, I had another reply from a higher level support person with relevant mail server log entries indicating that my Google Apps account was receiving mail too fast, and so had been temporarily disabled.

So in under 2 hours I had an answer to my problem, and to top it all off they credited me one day since this all happened in the late evening so I wasn't able to really use the server until the next day -- even though the issue was no fault of their own.

TL;DR Pre-sales support may suck, but if you have a problem with your service they do have higher level support that know what they're doing and get it done fast.

edited December 2012

@Ree said: higher level support that know what they're doing and get it done fast.

That is actually more than I could ever hope for :o
    Maybe one day they will come to romania... Not !

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@HalfEatenPie said: Even asking this question is a bit iffy.

I don't see why. If you're going to run anything that takes user-submitted content, this is an important thing to know.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Even asking this question is a bit iffy.

It's an honest question. It's not like I'm hosting a warez site. If a DCMA about something posted in the comments or if I unknowingly used a picture, I'd like to rectify the problem by removing the offending content. There are also people on the web that will submit false claims, but depending on how the host deals with it, a site could be shutdown for no VALID reason.

So does anyone know how OVH/Kimsufi deals with copyright infringement? Will they forward or just shutdown.

• I believe OVH just forwards DMCA to customer, when you did bad shit like CP feds will already have taken your server out and knock on your door.