Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup

Comments

• It was a while ago... 11th September. It wasn't an issue, just connected with this OVH crap.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Anyone else experiencing slow kimsufi setup times? They've even reduced the availability from 24 hours to 1 hour on the KS R-8G I ordered, been about 3 days. Support said they were pretty backed up.

• got this
    Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz, 2 Cores, 4 threads
    Seagate ST500DM002-1BD14,

Got the server after 2 hours from payment.

• @kampung said: got this

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz, 2 Cores, 4 threads
    Seagate ST500DM002-1BD14,

Got the server after 2 hours from payment.

And you ordered the cheapest one?
    Lucky!

• @ztec said: And you ordered the cheapest one?

Lucky!

Yes, the cheapest!

• @kampung said: Yes, the cheapest!

Damn, you should trade it with me:P

• @ztec said: Damn, you should trade it with me:P

What proc & HD did you get?

• CPU model : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2659.953 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1989 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 1:04,
    Download speed : (11.3MB/s)
    I/O speed : 118MB/s

:P

• @ztec said: CPU model : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz

Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2659.953 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1989 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 1:04,
    Download speed : (11.3MB/s)
    I/O speed : 118MB/s

My first was that. I just ordered a second and got the atom. When this comes up for renewal, order a different server and transfer over. Hopefully you'll get an atom, if not do the same the next month!

• Wouldn't mind transferring my N2800 mKS for a few quid, bought it on the 1st then realized I don't really need it.

• @ShardHost said: Hopefully you'll get an atom

Is celeron really bad compared to atom?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@MartinD said: Looking back, in comparison to the new fees, over the duration of time you've had the IP addresses, you have saved a lot.

How can they say that with a straight face? "We gave you a good deal for a while, so it's only fair that we'll charge you a multitude of it now"

• lzplzp Member
    edited November 2012

@kampung said: Is celeron really bad compared to atom?

Depending on what Atom it is, it could be better, or not.

• @kampung said: Is celeron really bad compared to atom?

>

The celeron is a old single core of a EOIS processor with only a single thread, meanwhile the atom N2800 is fairly new has 2 core and hyper threading.

• @joepie91 said: How can they say that with a straight face? "We gave you a good deal for a while, so it's only fair that we'll charge you a multitude of it now"

It's not even a good deal - it's what they were offering at the time. You paid the Pro option and then a flat fee for IP blocks.

Don't get me wrong, I understand completely why they are doing what they are doing however I think the way they're going about it is wrong and for those of us who have already paid for blocks it's a bit of a slap in the face. A bit more than 30 days notice would have been nice.

• @Jack said: @Orcworm How much is it recurring? How much would you want.

£10.79 w/ VAT, looking for about £4.

• @MartinD said: A bit more than 30 days notice would have been nice.

Sorry for being offtopic / in wrong thread, but you most likely sold plenty of OVH yearlies. What are your plans with those in case you leave OVH? Some notice once you decide would be nice ;-)

• SyedSyed Member
    edited November 2012

Was surprised to say the least. :D

i.imgur.com/YRd1F.png

• @Syed said: Was surprised to say the least. :D

I think quite a few of us have those now. Welcome to the club!

• @Spirit said: Sorry for being offtopic / in wrong thread, but you most likely sold plenty of OVH yearlies. What are your plans with those in case you leave OVH? Some notice once you decide would be nice ;-)

If we do anything we'll send notice, don't worry about that. I'm not going to confirm anything at the moment but we're looking at a large UK expansion at the moment to compensate.

• interesting that nobody misses additional free 100GB FTP backup space. I always loved it.

I use it as backup/storage for everything on my other kimsufi server. mount with curlftpfs and backup everything from everywhere with rsync or duplicity.

• @komo: That was the first thing I noticed missing :(

• nunimnunim Member
    edited November 2012

Yeah, I don't think their bandwidth monitoring is working correctly, the OVH manager only shows me as having used 5 Megabytes.
    By my estimates I've used close to 2 TB, I just installed vnstat last night so I don't have a completely accurate reading but from one torrent I've used over 800GB.
    vnstat since last night

• Their bandwidth monitoring has always been crap. We monitor all traffic on our interfaces and they are never a direct match. OVH's figures are always well under what we come up with.

• I thought downloading was free? Maybe that could be it.

• Inbound is (should be) counted, but is also unlimited, and doesn't count towards your xTB/month.

They definitely aren't counting outbound properly, if at all, at the moment.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Gary said: but is also unlimited, and doesn't count towards your xTB/month.

Is that just from experience or explicitly written somewhere?

• nunimnunim Member
    edited November 2012

@rm_ said: Is that just from experience or explicitly written somewhere?

When it comes to the monthly traffic allowance, we only count "OVH to Internet" traffic. Not "OVH to OVH" or "Internet to OVH".
    http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=40443&postcount=3

Granted on the forums before they said that old IP blocks weren't going to be charged, but I feel like I've read OVH incoming is unlimited before.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@nunim Thanks.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

OVH has great hardware, and great support, surprising for such a large and affordable hosting company. I'd love to know if the new CA datacenter will be getting these new prices.