Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM launches new website! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM launches new website!

Comments

• DylanDylan Member

@Francisco said:
    Did you add a plugin that would monitor for that though?

Chrome sunset SHA-1 late last year and flags all sites using it.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Very nice design. I like the fact that you've got a custom 404 page, something a lot of companies tend to miss :)

• yhuzayhuza Member

Like its :) very nice website

• Well done.

• Design looks cool.. You should try for mobile version too. If possible integrate atleast header and footer with your shopping cart.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@bullten said:
    Design looks cool.. You should try for mobile version too. If possible integrate atleast header and footer with your shopping cart.

We actually paid for the designer to do one, we're just deciding on if we want to really merge it or not.

http://varcoedesign.com/clients/index.php?systpl=buyvm

My concern is buyshared, but maybe I can use some cookies to do what I want.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

If thats the case then I would suggest you to wait for version 6 release.

@bullten said:
    If thats the case then I would suggest you to wait for version 6 release.

I don't know if Aldryic wants to touch 6 honestly unless it comes out with some new hook points for him.

At this point I think he wants to start working on the Stallion merge.

Francisco

• I like it.. as design, but still, is not responsive.. and Google would penalize this thing.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Immature about pic, site loads slowly, and it's not responsive. Other than that, fantastic website!

@shovenose said:
    Immature about pic, site loads slowly, and it's not responsive. Other than that, fantastic website!

Pfft! Fair on the slower images, I'll have those optimized later tonight, just been working on an anti-spam system for buyshared all day.

Francisco

• cassacassa Member

@Frantech you can set the theme by adding the GET param systpl, so you can set al the links on BuyVM to {url}?systpl=buyvm and on BuyShared to {url}?systpl=buyshared

@cassa said:
    Frantech you can set the theme by adding the GET param systpl, so you can set al the links on BuyVM to {url}?systpl=buyvm and on BuyShared to {url}?systpl=buyshared

Yep, possible, but then people that directly visit the site get nothing :D

They'd likely freak out about it changing all of a sudden.

Francisco

• bulltenbullten Member
    edited June 2015

Google update for mobile site effects only result displayed on mobile devices. There is nothing like google will penalize your site. The update was meant to show mobile users a mobile friendly results.

@Catalin said:
    I like it.. as design, but still, is not responsive.. and Google would penalize this thing.

• New website is cool. I only didn't like drop down menu.

What don't you like? That it's full width?

The menu was a tough one to decide on. Originally the designer made it so it was a blip under each part, but for the features & about us menu, it looked odd since it was hugging right instead of left like products/etc was.

I did 'full width' to normalize it but if you have any ideas for it i'm all for 'em :)

We have some improvements coming out, namely how the order buttons are handled.

Francisco

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Catalin said: I like it.. as design, but still, is not responsive.. and Google would penalize this thing.

The robots don't give a shit about a websites css responsiveness, they WANT easy access to DATA/TEXT. Google won't penalize shit... ^^

• Dillybob said: The robots don't give a shit about a websites css responsiveness

Yes they do.

• sdglhm said: Yes they do.

Link / Article? Crawlers don't give a fuck if you're at width:10000px;height:25000px or other frivolous css properties that make it seem to the end-user that it's "unresponsive" or not 'fluid'.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Nice site, although I do have a suggestion. As a partially sighted person, I do struggle do differentiate between the light grey text and the grey background. This makes it quite hard to read.

Only a hint
    Thanks
    Harry

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Dillybob said:
    Link / Article? Crawlers don't give a fuck if you're at width:10000px;height:25000px or other frivolous css properties that make it seem to the end-user that it's "unresponsive" or not 'fluid'.

What about in the case of mobile friendliness?

• PremiumN said: What about in the case of mobile friendliness?

It's a bot, do you think it cares about the site being non-mobile friendly? :P

@hawc said:
    Nice site, although I do have a suggestion. As a partially sighted person, I do struggle do differentiate between the light grey text and the grey background. This makes it quite hard to read.

Only a hint
    Thanks
    Harry

Thanks Harry :D

Someone mentioned that earlier in the thread. Could you tell me which colours? Is it just the one in the big header on the homepage or the font colour throughout the site?

Francisco

• berkayberkay Member

@Dillybob said:
    It's a bot, do you think it cares about the site being non-mobile friendly? :P

I don't know any shit about SEO but PageSpeed is also a robot, yet gives advice about mobile friendliness.

• wheezywheezy Member

Date format on testimonials page is not the best.
    2012-11-16 03:00:00

• ehabehab Member

it looks clean and almost looking at a sports car :D ,,, get well and bring us prices we cant resist, for all products and all locations. best wishes to you.

Thanked by 1Francisco

@wheezy said:
    Date format on testimonials page is not the best.
    2012-11-16 03:00:00

I'll remove the time from displaying, but Y-m-d 4lyfe.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • J1021J1021 Member

Francisco said: but Y-m-d 4lyfe.

So much easier for listing log files.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Francisco said:
    What don't you like? That it's full width?

Exactly, when I hovered 'About Us' was expecting drop down with content under it but got empty space as you can see from screen shot.

Simply I moved my eyes and head from Right to Left to see drop down content.

I suggest that drop down menu should be centered at selected menu and not fixed for a hole green block.

Another small suggestions:

texts: "Need something else? Submit a quote request today!" and "Have questions? We'll help answer all of them." are too small for a such big block.

there is no link attached to "Products" menu, I suggest it should redirect to compare page http://buyvm.net/#compare

Fair points :) I'll look into the text adjustments you mentioned.

As for the menu, i'll play with it some once I'm done some of these.

The testimonials dates have been fixed up.

Francisco