Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM launches new website! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM launches new website!

Comments

• Looks amazing, but one suggestion would be to make it SSL site-wide :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

funyuns_are_awesome said: Looks amazing, but one suggestion would be to make it SSL site-wide :)

Good idea! I'll snag an SSL tomorrow and work on that.

Francisco

• Your about us page link in the footer throws a 404 btw :)

• @Felipe said:
    Francisco I want a 'formal' photo link of you in the 'About Us' page

Frankly, I think LET providers should have to be fully nude in their 'About' pages as a minimum requirement, but the topless pic will have to do for now.

Thanked by 3Francisco ehab netomx
  • RalliasRallias Member
    edited June 2015

So you finally got around to finishing this sexiness?

Although, I'm not going to lie... the rounded corners and the gradients are mildly bothersome.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

congratulations on new website.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • erkinerkin Member

Welldone!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • n1kkon1kko Member

Ugh a none responsive website!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • tdaletdale Member

@Francisco The website looks great man! I hope it helps you convert more sales BuyVM +1 Great People at a Great Host!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • madtbhmadtbh Member
    edited June 2015

Nice, love the design.

Found a bad link on the Luxembourg DC page, "Level 3 Communications" is wrong.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Looks really nice, so does buyShared

@SNetworks1 said:
    Your about us page link in the footer throws a 404 btw :)

Thanks! missed that one.

@madtbh said:
    Nice, love the design.

Found a bad link on the Luxembourg DC page, "Level 3 Communications" is wrong.

Woooops, serves me right for copy/pasting so much. Thanks, fixed up as well.

@n1kko said:
    Ugh a none responsive website!

Noted, it's something i'll be spending some time on next month probably, I have to put a lot of time on the clock for minerack, it needs a new panel built.

Francisco

Rallias said: So you finally got around to finishing this sexiness?

Although, I'm not going to lie... the rounded corners and the gradients are mildly bothersome.

We considered going with a 'flat' look, but then it'd likely smell a little too much like Linode's site, plus we had just done such a design with BuyShared.

Francisco

• DomContentLoaded: 2.06s Load: 7.74s

Time for some optimizations & caching in front of it, eh? ;)

deadbeef said: Time for some optimizations & caching in front of it, eh? ;)

HEH there's a lot of unoptimized PNG's i'm going to be touching up on later today. One of it is pretty insane, like 250k -> 20k range w/o any loss.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

Atleast one thing remained old: The customer reviews :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited June 2015

@Francisco said:

Yep, but you need to optimize the scripts (concat + minify will do the trick). The kvm-vps page did 8+ secs to load the dom! (i.e. regardless of the images)

And don't forget to enable gzip compression for text/html content type ;) JS/CSS does get gzip'd but not the main page response.

@tr1cky said:
    Atleast one thing remained old: The customer reviews :P

I haven't gone through and imported more ;) The testimonials are SQL backed so I saw no reason to remove them. I'll likely need to add a 'latest 10' limit to the testimonials page or it'll get long in the tooth.

We're looking at pumping WHMCS ticket reviews into that page as well but it becomes a bit hairy since we'd just have a mountain of 'private reviews' and it'll look sketchy.

Francisco

@deadbeef said:

Main page is PHP so i'd have to see about tinkering with deflate some.

Most people can load it very fast, but i'll work to improve it for everyone.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Francisco said:
    Most people can load it very fast

I'm just an optimization freak ;) The site's response should be good enough for the avarage visitor as it is now.

• berkayberkay Member

Topless pics with a vodka on one hand should have been the LE* standard by now, at least @Francisco got the lead. Site looks cool, congrats!

• trvztrvz Member

"Your connection to my.frantech.ca is encrypted with obsolete cryptography. However, this page includes other resources which are not secure."

"Your connection to manage.buyvm.net is encrypted with obsolete cryptography."

While you're at it, could you update your TLS config please?

@trvz said:
    "Your connection to my.frantech.ca is encrypted with obsolete cryptography. However, this page includes other resources which are not secure."

"Your connection to manage.buyvm.net is encrypted with obsolete cryptography."

While you're at it, could you update your TLS config please?

That's probably the SHA1 stuff now that I think of it. Both sites should get very high rankings for protocol protection unless something big has changed in the past month.

Francisco

• trvztrvz Member

@Francisco said:
    […] unless something big has changed in the past month.

Yes, Logjam was published.

@trvz said:
    Yes, Logjam was published.

Did you add a plugin that would monitor for that though?

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

Looks shit, bring back the old one..

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • LeeLee Veteran

BTW, whatever it is I have in Luxembourg is running great, never seem to have had an issue.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

deadbeef said: I'm just an optimization freak

Same here. Won't stop 'til Google PageSpeed give me 100%!

@Francisco, I'm sure you can achieve great results with gzip+caching and minify as @deadbeef said. And memcached/redis can be an awesome resource, although your site still has relatively few pages.

I've gotten as few as 20ms response times (remotely) with Redis as cache.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
    edited June 2015

Traffic said: @Francisco, I'm sure you can achieve great results with gzip+caching and minify as @deadbeef said. And memcached/redis can be an awesome resource, although your site still has relatively few pages.

The only pages that do any sort of SQL is the index for the 2 testimonials, the actual testimonials page, and the operating-systems/ pages.

I could probably use something like redis to cache the output but I don't think i want to spend a week trying to get that extra 2ms off the page time, just way too much to get done.

Francisco

• UmairUmair Member

Love it, its looking amazing :)
    Two thumbs up for the designer ..