Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH Head Jonny Nguyen raided on suspicion of DDoSing his school district. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH Head Jonny Nguyen raided on suspicion of DDoSing his school district.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Just when I thought the GVH Drama Show had been canceled, here comes a special mini-series. Love it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    Just when I thought the GVH Drama Show had been canceled, here comes a special mini-series. Love it.

Just made me think of...

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • BruceBruce Member

several possible outcomes

1) no action
    2) face the music for this stunt
    3) investigations might find evidence of other crimes

all depends on what he's actually done, and how good/bad the cops are.

attacking your school, if that's what he did, is a very stupid thing to do.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited May 2015

@Traffic said:
    Of course he's innocent. Come on, he doesn't even know what a DDoS/DoS is...

Maybe that's the point. He executed a script without any idea about what it does, was prompted to enter a target, entered something of his school and wanted to wait until there's more output than just how many pps are going out there..

Or maybe he just wanted to test his new pc with its DDR4 CPU @ 1GBit and his overclocked RAID100 network card.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • BruceBruce Member

hands up how many here are innocent of exploring the boundaries when 17 ? probably not many

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2015

I made a 1000 stupid mistakes at that age, no question. But that was in the pre-internet era. I never failed globally, just locally. And I did not try to run a business at that age. And I prefererred girls, booze and cannabis when I was 17. Times... they are changing. I am so grateful and glad that I do not have to be a teenager nowadays. Being above the age of 40 is hard enough. ;-)

Thanked by 3jar Pwner dahartigan
  • @Bruce said:
    hands up how many here are innocent of exploring the boundaries when 17 ? probably not many

We all made mistakes around that age. Problem is, he wants to run a web hosting company and pulls stuff like this. His ego is the size of Texas and it should be shrunk down a little. This will certainly do it.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • BruceBruce Member

@XFS_Duke said:
    This will certainly do it.

I thought GVH v1 would have taught him some lessons too. I was wrong

• I did run a company (though not web hosting, but related :) ) when I was sixteen. It was a great time and very valuable learning experience (and customers got what they paid for, much like GVH customers).

I've been sorry ever since, that I didn't drop out of school to grow my business. Instead, I shut it down, went through decades of top schooling and became a modern day slave.

• That's fucking funny.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@elwebmaster said:
    I did run a company (though not web hosting, but related :) ) when I was sixteen. It was a great time and very valuable learning experience (and customers got what they paid for, much like GVH customers).

I've been sorry ever since, that I didn't drop out of school to grow my business. Instead, I shut it down, went through decades of top schooling and became a modern day slave.

Agreed, too many people fall into the modern day slave. Schooling is setup to teach people to go to college, get a degree then owe money, and finally get a job with that degree and pay off loans. Too many people make the mistake when having the choice

Thanked by 1elwebmaster
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

SSDBlaze said: Agreed, too many people fall into the modern day slave. Schooling is setup to teach people to go to college, get a degree then owe money, and finally get a job with that degree and pay off loans. Too many people make the mistake when having the choice

It's slightly more nuanced than that, especially internationally. Basically, classical teaching as we know it today was designed for the industrial revolution as a means of quickly training individuals for working in said industry. That's why it's so performance- and wage slave-focused.

• RalliasRallias Member

Rule number 1 about hacking: Don't shit where you eat.

Rule number 2: Don't get caught with anything hard. :P

• @Rallias said:
    Rule number 1 about hacking: Don't shit where you eat.

Rule number 2: Don't get caught with anything hard. :P

Rule number 3: If you're going to do it, don't be a fucking retard when you do it.

• GunterGunter Member

Where's the evidence behind this? Anybody have a link to the criminal complaint? Not sure which court it would be filed under, or Jonny's legal name.

• J1021J1021 Member

Gunter said: Not sure which court it would be filed under, or Jonny's legal name.

Nuggets, Jnr. Jonathan

• MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

@Gunter said:
    Where's the evidence behind this? Anybody have a link to the criminal complaint? Not sure which court it would be filed under, or Jonny's legal name.

Nothing in the federal court database (PACER). Might be a local police matter. Might be because he is a minor. Might just be a fart in the wind. Who knows.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Microlinux said:
    Parents seem to fail more often than not these days.

Its a safe bet that his parents have no clue what he does, or, like many these days, dont give a flying f**k.

I preferred the days when this kind of thing "if invented" would be delt with by community humiliation (Locked in the stocks)

Thanked by 1Microlinux
  • lbftlbft Member

pbgben said: Its a safe bet that his parents have no clue what he does, or, like many these days, dont give a flying f**k.

The parents should've looked into it after the time where the police turned up at their house when their son posted things on LET that made people think he was going to harm himself.

• All these young kids going to the booty house

• DeanDean Member
    edited May 2015

@Bruce said:
    his linkedin profile needs updating

*** NSFW ***

Get a fucking life

Hahahahahahaha

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2015

I was told on vpsboard that his parents do care and are obviously hard-working immigrants who feel well ashamed of their son's deeds. It's not always that easy with a teenage son, I guess...

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Amitz said:
    I made a 1000 stupid mistakes at that age, no question. But that was in the pre-internet era. I never failed globally, just locally. And I did not try to run a business at that age. And I prefererred girls, booze and cannabis when I was 17. Times... they are changing. I am so grateful and glad that I do not have to be a teenager nowadays. Being above the age of 40 is hard enough. ;-)

You're staying you still don't like booze, girls and cannabis ;-) ?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • ricardoricardo Member

The authorities (should be) a good reality check for someone who trivialises these kinds of actions. That's the newsworthy part of this IMO.

I wouldn't condemn the young lad just now though. Too many people around this kind of forum know a lot about him, targeting the school from a GVH server is entirely possible.

• J1021J1021 Member

ricardo said: targeting the school from a GVH server is entirely possible.

If that were the case surely the raid would have focused on a DC holding the server?

• ricardoricardo Member

Why, does he live inside a server? ;)

• AmitzAmitz Member

@AlexanderM said:
    You're staying you still don't like booze, girls and cannabis ;-) ?

Au contraire! I just call it drinking, women and medicine now. ;-)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited May 2015

I wonder which storyline is next in this saga:

[ ] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jonny Nguyen eludes police dragnet, now fugitive from justice in high speed chase

[ ] Live footage of Dog the Bounty Hunter snapping cuffs on Jonny to drag him back to court.

[ ] SENTENCE COMPLETE SPECIAL: incredible 90% off sale to mark Jon's homecoming

[ ] RELAUNCH as ThugLifeValueHost! "At an event in Joliet Prison today, CEO Jon Nguyen was quoted as saying 'Fo shizzle, my LowEndNizzle, we gotz the specialrizzle!'"

• @raindog308 said:
    I wonder which storyline is next in this saga:

[ ] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jonny Nguyen eludes police dragnet, now fugitive from justice in high speed chase

[ ] Live footage of Dog the Bounty Hunter snapping cuffs on Jonny to drag him back to court.

[ ] SENTENCE COMPLETE SPECIAL: incredible 90% off sale to mark Jon's homecoming

[ ] RELAUNCH as ThugLifeValueHost! "At an event in Joliet Prison today, CEO Jon Nguyen was quoted as saying 'Fo shizzle, my LowEndNizzle, we gotz the specialrizzle!"

Or there may be the chances that he may Hack police computers after release.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

And his old Skype about me said,

"Attending the most prestigious high school in NH"

not for much longer i guess x]