Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No desktop allowed in Linux - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No desktop allowed in Linux

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@Maounique said: is like a pump and dump scheme, just a "light" version.

I stand by my words because of the method used. If he would have banned "abusers" one by one would have been normal, depending on the level of abuse, of course, but starting to ban apps out of the blue means you want to force ppl to leave and not giving the option of a refund, is exactly that.
    M

• TazTaz Member

@Maounique said: Changing the rules after and giving no choice for a refund

I am not sure but offering refund before 3-4 days of your next invoice due doesn't make sense to me. And those who have asked for refund and are within less then 15 days of using their service have received refunds.

Here is a think, YOU LIKE TO ASSUME TOO MUCH WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING.

Hasta La vista. Your blah blah from now on will be ignored.

edited October 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Here is a think, YOU LIKE TO ASSUME TOO MUCH WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING.

I assume nothing, I just read the mail you sent. There is no refund mentioned.
    Dewlance refunded too after being confronted on WHT. I admit you are very far from him, but there are some similarities here and there.

@zhuanyi said: who is running desktop on our VPS platform, will have their vps terminated without any backup.

You even threaten them with destroying their data, not only that you mention no refund.
    M

• The funny way to throw your cards.

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• Spontaneous combustion~

Even after this many people telling you it's wrong and explaining why, if you still intend to go through with this, good 'luck,' and 'have fun'.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Not sure what the big deal is with the GUI, seems like most people run X (or windows via remote desktop) on their VPS because they simply don't seem to understand how to do something like SSH tunneling. Which would be far less destructive to the disk I/O of the VPS.

• @kbeezie said: Not sure what the big deal is with the GUI, seems like most people run X (or windows via remote desktop) on their VPS because they simply don't seem to understand how to do something like SSH tunneling. Which would be far less destructive to the disk I/O of the VPS.

>

not exactly true it could be that they might want a cloud computer you could use it on the ipad.

@dragonballz2k said: not exactly true it could be that they might want a cloud computer you could use it on the ipad.

Exactly these days I need that. I need a browser with tons of tabs open or more browsers for that matter and need a remote desktop to control it from any computer/device. ATM I am using my home computer but it is cumbersome as I am not the only user.
    My LET windows deal expired @prometeus and it is kinda expensive because with that money i can get 2 GB ram or more on linux. I am also leaving my job where i had a vm used for that purpose.
    Of course, i am not looking for 128 MB ram to kill the IO or flash plugins, a 7 $ a month with 2 gb ram from a reputable company is not impossible.
    I never thought will have to ask before if desktop is allowed, I hope I never find another provider that has this limitation.
    M

• @Maounique said: a 7 $ a month with 2 gb ram from a reputable company is not impossible.

Not sure how much the windows license costs, but i doubt Micro$oft would be giving it for free.

I didnt say will get a windows. Let promo was long ago when was still working 7 dollars for 512 mb if payed for 3 months, I think i can get 2 gb on linux with that.
    The only problem is that from now on will have to read tos/aup when looking to install a desktop.
    I never thought that can be a problem before.
    M

• @maounique you read the ToS and AUP anyway right when you sign-up?

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

@craigb said: you read the ToS and AUP anyway right when you sign-up?

Usually I was getting VPSes for friends to host a few sites. I only CTRL+F Tor, if that is not present I put a relay node too. If it was forbidden, I usually looked for another provider and this is how i was testing providers so far.
    Now I recommend Prometeus to everyone, even US ppl.
    For a desktop tho, after my windows LET deal expired, I need a big RAM VPS dirt cheap and kinda stable, since I will not need much io and BW, just a place where to leave tabs open all the time. I didnt imagine before reading this thread that desktop linux could be forbidden some place.
    M

• I for one don't agree that you shouldn't be able to use a desktop on a VPS. You should be able to install any software so long as it works well within the RAM and IO allocation. If you watch videos over RDP or NX for long periods then of course you will be stressing the system and affecting others usage.

I would be very suspicious of any provider who bans the use of graphics desktops on a VPS with a 512Mb upwards memory allocation regardless of the type of usage. If a customer is overusing, the proper thing to do is to ask them to curtail their usage, or take their custom elsewhere. All desktop users can't be tarred with the same brush.

A VPS is exactly what is says, Virtual Private Server, it is private. When you rent a house, what the occupants do is entirely down to them so long as they do not damage the house, the furnishings, contents or whatever, upset the neighbours or local customs or laws. If they have orgies or drugs or whatever there is nothing you can do or say, nor should you be able to say or do if is contained within the house, if there is no outward sign to be noticed or upset anybody. It is part and parcel of renting. If you can't handle that you shouldn't be in the renting business.

• Lol good example @rchurch.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Ninjahawk @taz

Don't trap customers by false advertisement and you fail to provide what you advertise then give him full refund with penalty for your FAILURE!!!!

• @DewlanceVPS said: Don't trap customers by false advertisement and you fail to provide what you advertise then give him full refund with penalty for your FAILURE!!!!

Well said...and I remembered you offer 24x7 support or 100% uptime or something like that?

@Taz said: Once again, you do not need torrent client, flush player and firefox and open office and other craps to mange your server.

Another FAILURE!!! If you are selling a "Virtual private server" and did not allow to use Firefox then you must include in your TOS

I can't find a vps company who do not allow to use firefox or open office :)

Well said...and I remembered you offer 24x7 support or 100% uptime or something like that?

off-topic, wear your spectacle we provide 99.9% uptime, not 100%

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Why do you come 3 days late and start talking crap?

@Nexus
    Its time to expose ninjahawk.net

@Infinity
    LET not allow to post a reply on 3 day old threads?

edited October 2012

@Zen said: STOP ME BEFORE I B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BB-B-B-B-BB.B.B..B.BBBBBBBBBBBSDHIJDKLM,FSDNOJKFDMKL,;G

Interesting, Employe of Ninjahawk.net don't want to post this failure on his cheap site webhostingfail, but ready to post his crap about switchvm,etc..

• @DewlanceVPS said: off-topic, wear your spectacle we provide 99.9% uptime, not 100%

Sorry about that...so may I know what's your uptime like on your services?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said: Interesting, Employe of Ninjahawk.net don't want to post this failure on his cheap site webhostingfail, but ready to post his crap about switchvm,etc..

Oh yeah, where's your prof Jack was an employee of NinjaHawk?

@DewlanceVPS said: LET not allow to post a reply on 3 day old threads?

Bleh, I wont bother with this, you clearly wont listen or care..

edited October 2012

@Infinity said: Oh yeah, where's your prof Jack was an employee of NinjaHawk?

As I know jack is owner of webhostingfail domain and hosting this site, and all post are posted by zen?

is I am correct? or all post are posted by ninjahawk.net employe LET member "Taj_Ninjahawk"?

edited October 2012

Well this will not affect bad practice of ninjahawk who use hidden tricks to not allow firefox on Virtual Private Server

@OP Did you get a refund?

• @Jacob said: Lol good example @rchurch.

Yes, but it might be different for a Virtual Private House. For example, there might be technological restrictions that limit the number of orgy participants....

• @DewlanceVPS - I urge you to stop now, we all know you want your payback for a previous thread where NinjaHawk made you look like a complete fool. FIX YOUR SHIT BEFORE STARTING SHIT WITH OTHERS. I will warn you that if you do not take my warning to heart, I will take a lot of pleasure in tearing (whats left of) your reputation to shreds.

I dont like a lynch mob when I see it, but this guy likes being the target, I have no other explanation for his ramblings. I dont like Taz after the desktop incident thing and the way he handled it, but being attacked by this guy and fighting back suddenly puts him in a better light :)
    M

• @DewlanceVPS
    If I was you I wouldn't waste my time here, I doubt anyone is going to buy from Dewlance after all the shit you've done