Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDime Banter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDime Banter

Comments

• Been 4 hours since they stated they would move my box and said it would take 1-2 hours so I replied and told them to do so but still nothing.

• @StormVZ said: Been 4 hours since they stated they would move my box and said it would take 1-2 hours so I replied and told them to do so but still nothing.

They usually agree a scheduled time for you, so its done at the most convient time for you.

• Well. i guess its very much worth it then

• @LV_Matt They did.

Clayton F.
    September 14, 2012 2:24 pm EDT
    "We will be using the vzmigrate tool to move your VPS to the new server, so there will be no further action on your end since it will move all site files, configurations, and IPs to the new node. This process can take between 1-2 hours to complete, though there shouldn't be any downtime. Would you like for us to move forward with this now?"

I replied a minute later confirming.

It is now 5:10PM EDT

• @Jack Couldn't beat colo-store's prices for colo

• Well I just checked Service Information in WHM and it is the new node and can see a significant increase in page loads / webmail etc. 16 Cores better then 8 :P

• Glad to hear.

• edited September 2012

@StormVZ I'm happy to hear our team was able to get your VPS migrated to one of our newer nodes. Please note, we are in the process of phasing out many of our older hardware nodes, but we still have some clients on our legacy systems. We do adjust VM counts as needed on these legacy nodes, but obviously there is a limit to how much that can help. Thank you for your understanding throughout the process.

@acarrascope I'm somewhat shocked by your ad hominem attack in a thread dedicated to technical issues. Those are real people who work at our corporation, and calling them fat and ugly is inappropriate, rude, and shows your complete lack of professionalism. I don't know what would drive you to make such comments but the incredibly callous nature of your post is truly shocking.

To everyone else in the thread, I am going to try to have a larger footprint here on this forum but please feel free to reach out to me should you have any issues with our service and/or questions I can assist with. I made my email public on my profile and I'd be happy to help at any time.

Have a great day

• @DimeNOC_Dennis Much appreciated and once again many thanks for resolving the issues that arose swiftly

• @DimeNOC_Dennis Welcome to LET.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Even hostdime is joining LET Now?! the next wht forum. will be LET ;-)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Randy said: the next wht forum

Ehm.. no.

• @Infinity said: Ehm.. no.

Ahaha I loved that.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Glad to see you here Dennis

• @DimeNOC_Dennis said: @acarrascope I'm somewhat shocked by your ad hominem attack in a thread dedicated to technical issues. Those are real people who work at our corporation, and calling them fat and ugly is inappropriate, rude, and shows your complete lack of professionalism. I don't know what would drive you to make such comments but the incredibly callous nature of your post is truly shocking.

@DimeNOC_Dennis Somehow "fat and ugly" from here is a direct attack and not a impression who most people have about TI pros. If you can't read that or understand is not my problem. You don't know me and don't know about my work, i respect your company and people there but not hot heads.

• @acarrascope said: @DimeNOC_Dennis Somehow "fat and ugly" from here is a direct attack and not a impression who most people have about TI pros. If you can't read that or understand is not my problem. You don't know me and don't know about my work, i respect your company and people there but not hot heads.

@acarrascope I'm really unsure how exactly anyone can take the terms "fat and ugly" and see them as anything but personal, direct attacks. In addition, my response was not meant to state that I somehow know you but moreso to respond to your direct offensive criticism of some of the staff here at HostDime who read your comment and felt very disrespected. I've worked in this industry for some time now and I typically don't get into the infighting between hosts, but I had to comment on this specific attack as I felt it was incredibly disrespectful on multiple levels. I can take people complaining about our service or our business practices, etc., but for someone to directly attack multiple staff members is beyond the pale and something that needs to be addressed.

To everyone else, thank you for your warm welcome! Please let me know if I can assist you in any way with anything regarding HostDime.com, Inc. or DimeNOC services.

Have a great day

• @DimeNOC_Dennis said: To everyone else, thank you for your warm welcome! Please let me know if I can assist you in any way with anything regarding HostDime.com, Inc. or DimeNOC services

Since this is LET and we want everything for nothing, MAYBE maybe .......

Special dedicated/colocation price for let users :P

• I doubt, HostDime is all premium. They wont go as low as $30.

• Don't put it past Manny and the boys they can do alot!

• I am sure they can offer you the same Atom for $30 if you sign a 3 year contract or something.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@rds100 said: I am sure they can offer you the same Atom for $30 if you sign a 3 year contract or something.

Lol.

• acarrascopeacarrascope Banned
    edited September 2012

@DimeNOC_Dennis How i say before, my intention on the comment was not offend to anyone, even when fat and ugly ain't a permanent condition as a disease or malformation and the context explain itself the point. Only shallow if you want.

Well, all here in LET are happy if you can participate on our work related discussions or moreover be part of the offer.

• On the incredibly low priced servers, I doubt our Sales team could find a way to turn a profit on the power/bandwidth at $30/month but if they could, I'm sure we would offer it :) We do offer a very premium managed product for the most part and while we have been wading into the Unmanaged market (mostly over at HDVPS and HDUMS, we still focus on ensuring our business model is solid and we are not making deals that hurt our company's ability to stay in business. We find too many providers discount their services too heavily (below cost at times) and then drive their business to the point of bankruptcy, and that isn't something we are interested in doing. We always will try to discount to a ground that is fair to our clients and our bottom line, but going below ground is just not prudent business. We want to make sure we are around and able to run our business the way we have for the past decade for many decades to come :)

Also, @acarrascope I can see you are not understanding that your words, however they may have been meant, offended real people and that you should take responsibility for that. In all communication, one should take every step possible to ensure their words could not be construed to be offensive, and you calling two men fat and ugly and sexualizing females by only referring to their physical attractiveness is reprehensible behavior. It seems that you may have a bit of a language barrier to overcome and I can understand that may play into this situation, but that is no excuse for your behavior.

Finally, I wanted to thank everyone again for the warm welcome and I hope everyone has a productive week. Thank you again @StormVZ for your understanding through the process and I hope our partnership can continue for years to come :)

@DimeNOC_Dennis
    You might not be able to get down to 30$, but how can you go for the cheapest Atom you have, 2 gigs of RAM, next to nothing BW and some way to reload the OS eventually. I urgently need something cheap to do a simple testing on and can't find anyone to deliver this for me.

• @Jack said: @DimeNOC_Dennis Surely you can knock some $ off that $69 at http://www.hdums.com/

I don't do pricing personally (more of a tech guy myself!), but I wouldn't put it past our Sales team to knock some further off that price :) You'd have to contact them though to see how low they can go!

• @DimeNOC_Dennis Now I have no doubt that it is part of some sort of trauma that I can not help to manage. bye.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: @DimeNOC_Dennis You might not be able to get down to 30$, but how can you go for the cheapest Atom you have, 2 gigs of RAM, next to nothing BW and some way to reload the OS eventually. I urgently need something cheap to do a simple testing on and can't find anyone to deliver this for me.

As I said to @Jack above, I'm not really a pricing guru at HostDime, but if you contact our Dedicated Sales team, they will be able to offer you some solid pricing. As I said in my above post though, we consider our services more of a premium "Filet Mignon" type service, and price it as such, compared to other data centers who are out to price their services at the cheapest rates possible, but offer more of a entry-level "Skirt Steak". Hopefully that analogy makes sense :)

Thanks again for the question! Have a great day!

• @Jack said: they said would put the IPMI on a second port.

That's a lie, no SM board has dedicated IPMI on Atom boards

@DimeNOC_Dennis said: Hopefully that analogy makes sense :)

It does.. Makes me hungry.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • acarrascopeacarrascope Banned
    edited September 2012

@DimeNOC_Dennis said: Hopefully that analogy makes sense :)

@Alex_LiquidHost said: It does.. Makes me hungry.

From who gave lessons in behavior and manners.