Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM.net under DDOS? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM.net under DDOS?

12346»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

CNSjack said: You said we didn't provide protection, we were lying about the attack size etc, If you have these concerns, you would have questioned us back in the days instead of now.

We did and you kept going on about 10gbit+ SYN floods all the while we had the IP's in another location TCPdumping and the very IP you were talking about was < 1k pps total.

@yhuza asked for service from us directly, not from you. He was hoping we'd resell your services again and we said there was no point since you just use Voxility w/ some extra filtering on your own end anyway.

Please, keep reading things incorrectly, i'm sure there's some other poor clients details you'll leak again.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    We did and you kept going on about 10gbit+ SYN floods all the while we had the IP's in another location TCPdumping and the very IP you were talking about was < 1k pps total.

You have no proof of that at all, yet we had the logs to proof it, we showed the logs to you. you weren't disputing them at that time which makes your current claim without any credibility.

I only posted the tickets to back-up my claims. I would post them again if I needed to. yet you don't have anything to backup yours, everything is inside your head. All you do is trying to steer away from your lies.

• Let's calm the tone down, can we? Everyone introduced own side of a story and there's very little to add to this, or I am wrong? Every reader already made own opinion and repeating same things over and over again won't help.

CNSjack said: You have no proof of that at all, yet we had the logs to proof it, we showed the logs to you. you weren't disputing them at that time which makes your current claim without any credibility.

Oh I disputed it on live chat but left it alone since we wanted to get away from Awknet. We asked for pcap's back then but didn't get it.

I don't keep pcap's/autonulld.log files from old routers. I see no reason to carry around a few hundred GB of extra data for a war chest.

My only 'recent' proof is that we had none of your '1040Gbit SYN floods' happened at Staminus, yet the same clients stayed running the same websites. The majority of our users going past the 20gbit limit we had at staminus were teamspeaks & camfrogs, but neither of those did business with us at CNS since you nullroute 95%+ of all UDP when an IP is under a flood anyway.

Hell, even at Awknet the only person that ever got nulled was Robert Clarke and that's because he got an actual 30gbit UDP flood - the biggest flood I had ever seen at the time.

Francisco

Spirit said: Let's calm the tone down, can we? Everyone introduced own side of a story and there's very little to add to this, or I am wrong? Every reader already made own opinion and repeating same things over and over again won't help.

Been going around in circles since last night @Spirit. CNSJack made some seriously dumb mistakes/comments and is trying to backtrack so people forget.

The damage is done and I assure you, it wasn't on our end (minus someone probably trying to bitch slap our billing panel again).

Francisco

• CNSjackCNSjack Member
    edited April 2015

When you take the risk of lying and badmouth someone behind their back, you will live with the consequences getting caught, this is a lesson they will never learn.
    I'm sure they were surprised to see that I came out and defend, they probably thought badmouth someone in random posts are ok.

The FACT is we have many Chinese customers, our VPS/web hosting customers have many Chinese customers.

We never ask any of our customers to remove customers just because they are Chinese, we don't hate Chinese. We even TOLD BuyVM/Frantech in ticket of that clearly.

It is absolutely ridiculous and crazy of them to come up with the story that we hate Chinese because we asked to remove their customers that affected our network and our other customers.

I don't see any point to continue posting, I have made my points clear. I'm sure people reading this thread have enough to draw their own conclusion.

• Francisco said: The damage is done and I assure you, it wasn't on our end

I think that you would be also more tactful on beginning if you would expect someone from CNS to actually appear here to vigorously defend own case, am I right? :)
    No one can really win here.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Francisco said: Hell, even at Awknet the only person that ever got nulled was Robert Clarke and that's because he got an actual 30gbit UDP flood - the biggest flood I had ever seen at the time.

I'm drinking right now and this made me giggle.

Spirit said: I think that you would be also more tactful on beginning if you would expect someone from CNS to actually appear here to vigorously defend own case, am I right? :)

No one can really win here.

I fully expected someone to ring in, I didn't expect him to go dumping some random dudes details to 'prove a point'.

Francisco

edited April 2015

Jar said: I'm drinking right now and this made me giggle.

When we saw the flood I called up Aldryic and the call like this:

• me - "Hey pony, we just got the biggest flood recorded for us to date hit, it had to be nullrouted"
    • Aldryic - "...Robert Clarke?"
    • me - "how the fuuu? infact yes >_>"
    • Aldryic - "Why am I not surprised...."
    Thanked by 1jar
  • Well. If CNS is so bad, why @Nick_A and other providers ( @nexmark ?) keep doing business with CNS? As far as I know, the only provider who complaints CNS (without proof) is @Francisco .

• @mycloud please read the entire thread, I think it has been outlined that BuyVM just didn't have a satisfactory experience with them and had some issues. This doesn't mean other companies using CNS have seen the same thing or had the same needs even. This started out with Francisco giving his opinion of CNS and turned into CNS getting butt hurt and going off at the mouth over and over again for almost no reason, as well as posting their clients private tickets in this public forum thread.

Obviously CNS does something right or they wouldn't be in business, however, that doesn't mean every customers experience is going to be the same. If CNS would have simply come and stated in one reply, ' we have no issues hosting people from China, if you are from China and would like to do business please contact us" and then left they would have been fine. However, they instead decided to turn this into some stupid argument over nothing and have a shit flinging contest here in this thread.

Sadly, everything @CNSjack has said has had no other outcome than to make them look really stupid and ignorant on how they handle customers private data and how they also handle PR issues. While some might not let this effect their purchasing of a service with them, I think they will also find a large amount of people do use threads like this to judge the people they consider doing business with and I don't imagine it having the outcome they wanted.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1jar
  • xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited April 2015

This thread should just be closed. Neither party is going to win. They just keep going in circles. Both parties provide good service. Every company will always have a few customers that are unsatisfied, you can't make everyone happy.

• I am Chinese myself and in Canada right now.

There are a lot of culture conflict in this thread, which lead to this drama.

"SF" stands for "pirate game server". It is absolutely illegal.
    "私服发布站" stands for "website that release addresses of pirate game server".

So instead of null route such user, @CNSjack could just throw those users out for they had tolerated the TOS/AUP.

@CNSjack it is unprofessional to post private message publicly: this is the time you do need to apologize and promise not to do such again in the future. Yeah, it is OK in China, but not OK outside.

@Francisco I hate to put it in this way, but you have hosted illegal materials that violated your own TOS and the upstream 's. I do understand that it is hard for a foreigner to realise that these materials are illegal, especially when they are in some other language: but it is the fact. And such materials had attracted large attack towards your network - also the upstream provider 's.

IMHO these problem are caused by culture conflict and misunderstanding. Chill down guys.

• @TheLinuxBug I agree CNS posts customer private message to public is not professional. And @CNSjack is not good at PR.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

cnbeining said: IMHO these problem are caused by culture conflict and misunderstanding. Chill down guys.

I like you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @mycloud said:
    TheLinuxBug I agree CNS posts customer private message to public is not professional. And CNSjack is not good at PR.

To sum up a little bit:

@CNSjack thinks @Francisco and BuyVM hate Chinese (and yes, @CNSjack is Chinese himself), and is not happy with the fact that @Francisco is hosting illegal clients which attracted large attacks, when similar cause of attack in China would result in immediate null route and ass kicked out;

@Francisco thinks his Chinese clients are ordinary lawful MMO game server hosts, and was pissed off for his machine been null routed for attacks that ought to be covered in the price level he is paying. So he thinks the anger @CNSjack towards his client must be hostile towards Chinese.

Should they knew the whole story at the very first, there won't be such drama. Luckily enough we are at LET where both side can speaks out his side of story, thus solve the problem.

• PwnerPwner Member

@cnbeining said:
    and is not happy with the fact that Francisco is hosting illegal clients which attracted large attacks

How in the hell would you know if Francisco is hosting "illegal" clients? You've got a lot of nerve to assume it's a fact, and no evidence to back up your claim.

Thanked by 1jar

@cnbeining - The games weren't hosted with us, nor did they proxy the games. The most that was ever hosted with us were the blogs/sites for any of those games and since you can't copyright someone talking about drop rates/mob spawns/etc, I still stand by my point.

I know this all first hand since any client that buys DDOS protection from us automatically gets managed services if they opt for it. Every time one of the clients CNS had issues with would ticket in we'd check the VPS (once given permission) and confirm that sure enough, it was just a simple forum/blog.

There is no language barrier or misunderstanding. CNSJack's english is solid and we have a lot of experience with private servers and the likes.

Anyway, i'm not going to dive every single ticket I had with them because I just don't care. There is a ticket we've both mentioned a few times where the guy got 1gbit of SYN, that's it, and was forced to be kicked out (even though CNS claims that was our filtering limit). They caused no other issues, they were perma blocked due to the 'potential' of it getting bigger in the future (but 0 proof of it happening, nor did it ever).

Francisco

• @Pwner said:
    How in the hell would you know if Francisco is hosting "illegal" clients? You've got a lot of nerve to assume it's a fact, and no evidence to back up your claim.

It's like a site containing "links to hack tools". Putting it in this way is easier to understand. I will not be astonished if such sites get enormous attack. It's really a dog-eat-dog business, only those happens to be neighbourhood of those materials suffers. Sigh.

edited April 2015

cnbeining said: It's like a site containing "links to hack tools". Putting it in this way is easier to understand. I will not be astonished if such sites get enormous attack. It's really a dog-eat-dog business, only those happens to be neighbourhood of those materials suffers. Sigh.

"If you live in the ghetto don't be shocked when you get shot at" I guess :P

@Pwner said:

Bingo, we never, ever, look at a customers content unless they ask us to. Unless a customer is fully managed, we usually even ask what folders to stay away from and or provide a full changelog of what files we've modified and the likes.

We've had people come by our IRC stating someone is running insert bad things here on their VPS and it breaks insert law here, but they always get a very standard response: File a police report, they'll get in contact with us or bring a court. order. We will **not go sifting through a customers VPS looking for things**.

Anyway, as I said, I've made my peace on it all.

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Nick_A said:
    A lack of professionalism doesn't mean the product doesn't work. We get what we pay for there, and Seattle by far has had the fewest filtering issues/complaints over time. What they lack in features and automation, they make up in stability.

+1, they have handled some really large attacks for us in the past without an issue. In fact, when our website was under attack one time we asked them to nullroute the IP since we were afraid of overages and they said not to worry about it and we weren't charged a cent over our monthly price. The attacker was posting his "progress" on Twitter and after a while he turned his attack to a popular hacking forum who was behind CloudFlare and after about 2 hours they were back online.

Short of the UDP filtering method (blocking) and lack of IPv6 (Soon™), we've had zero complaints about their protection and we have a few clients that get attacked on a regular basis and have moved their other websites over to us after trying other providers. Their support has been pretty good (I would rate them top 5 of the data centers I've dealt with in my life).

On topic of the chinese MMOs, we did have one client who received a 10Gbps attack within hours of signing up and the attack continued for over a month after the client was terminated. The IP had to remain nullrouted for over a month and we couldn't assign it to anybody else during that time.

• yhuzayhuza Member

@CNSjack said:
    We did ask you to remove those customers that got large attacks repeatedly affected our network and other customers, who most of them happened to be Chinese private game server related.

We didn't dig up all your Chinese customers and refuse to provide service to them like you claimed. We certainly don't hate Chinese at all as we have many Chinese customers.
    These are all in your own mind.

You said we didn't provide protection, we were lying about the attack size etc, If you have these concerns, you would have questioned us back in the days instead of now.

You are just trying cover up that you made up the story about we hate Chinese in order to earn the business from yhuza, and you got caught.

but cnservers hosting, so far for me :) them handle our tcp very clean traffic and fast respond if have any kinds new attack methode :)

but why all blamming cnservers bad ?

befor i have cnservers with 40GB antiddos price 500usd :)

so far great service :d

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

William said: What owners? The Westbank is 80% empty and new settlements are NOT build in existing townships but create new ones by themself.

Propaganda. The jews came back after 2k years and took back their deserted properties. No connection with reality. The resistance movement is not made up by ghosts, also the millions of refugees chased from their homes by the ethnic cleansing would not be forbidden to return home if they were non-existant.

William said: Both Russia and Israel are (Russia less than Israel even) secular countries.

Sure, this is why they react at church requests in Russia against free speech and the women need the approval of the husband to divorce in Israel.

William said: You now made a full survey of ALL Russian people?

No, they did themselves, according to polls, after crimeea conquest, the sagging popularity of putin rose to 80%. Maybe the survey was made up as many other propaganda in Russia, such as the 92% vote for the anexation post-factum, but who's to blame on that?

William said: Contradicts your very own first point - If it no risk for Russia why would they want to destroy? Makes no sense at all.

I don't know, ask them. IMO they do not want to lose some rockets when they launch the war.

William said: Nope, EU defense contracts - You fight with Romania and a few days later you have Germany, France and UK on your ass.

Faint consolation, after millions die, wont really matter and the russians themselves will have no use for a radioactive country, but Putin will maintain power and 100% of russians will approve his powerful policy of putting back peoples where they belong, in the grave or under the boot.

William said: Means nothing at all, Russia threatens everyone.

And of course, that is completely acceptable, as well as flying nuclear bombers around japan and UK, for example, not to mention eastern europe.