Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM.net under DDOS? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM.net under DDOS?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@alexvolk said:

No, we expected the level of protection we paid for. Same went with Staminus and the likes. You're missing some key points that have been brought up by others as well, not just me :)

Francisco

• @Maounique you're the only one who racist here. Every time any word about "Russia" appears you're ready to say they're trying to occupy Romania because of Drakula :D

Go to Doctor, as said by others million times.

• erkinerkin Member

Men, calm down. You are taking our time here.

• @Francisco if I purchase vps with you and use 1gbps constantly what you'll do as provider?

• Suspend to not affect other customers.

The reason you'll say that's SHARED among other users. If it was DEDICATED the cost would be multiplied by 4 times at least.

You'll not believe to me that I've not used that much, you'll just show graphs. It's automated, right?

This is the same issue with you and CNServers. Is it really hard to understand ?

Thanked by 1CNSjack

alexvolk said: The reason you'll say that's SHARED among other users. If it was DEDICATED the cost would be multiplied by 4 times at least.

You're missing the point though. We're not disputing burst here, we're disputing the amount we pay for. Your case would be more like 'I pay a non GVH price for 2TB/month transit, but my provider suspends me if I use more than 50KB/sec upload'.

You really should read it all. We paid for at least 1Gbit/sec protection guaranteed with burst being 'if available (which is more than fair, it's burst)'. The whole dispute is over the fact that CNS refused to allow us to host certain clients that they don't like, many were chinese (some weren't, yet they grouped them into the same 'MMO forum hosting' group).

That is the difference here.

Francisco

• @alexvolk said:
    Francisco if I purchase vps with you and use 1gbps constantly what you'll do as provider?

• Suspend to not affect other customers.

The reason you'll say that's SHARED among other users. If it was DEDICATED the cost would be multiplied by 4 times at least.

You'll not believe to me that I've not used that much, you'll just show graphs. It's automated, right?

This is the same issue with you and CNServers. Is it really hard to understand ?

Yes it's that simple, we were trying to protect other customers. we even told them that in tickets back in the days but they still managed to come up with their own conclusion.

• raza19raza19 Veteran

Moral of this thread ; stay away from @CNSERVERS @CNSjack ...

• @raza19 said:
    Moral of this thread ; stay away from CNSERVERS CNSjack ...

MOV A,CNSjack
    CLR A

• ATHKATHK Member

@Francisco said:

Psst, I don't think he gets it ;)

Go enjoy your popcorn and show.

@ATHK said:
    Go enjoy your popcorn and show.

Nah, he's just being difficult on purpose ;)

Flash was so awesome tonight.

Francisco

• This thread is still some good advertisement for BuyVM i must say :)

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2015

alexvolk said: Every time any word about "Russia" appears you're ready to say they're trying to occupy Romania

Russia DID occupy romania even when we were allies against turks among others. They threaten to bomb us along with denmark and poland just because we try to install some defense against those bombs. This clearly means they aim to occupy romania and the east up to the nothern europe at least and even UK if we take their strategic bombers visits there as a sign. There is no other reason to bomb defensive installation unless you plan an aggression and you are worried not all your nuclear missiles will reach the target. BTW, the shield will only protect against 21 missiles, if you are worried about their cost, you should think of the other thousands, maybe you should not start the war in the first place?
    80% of the Russians do support the new expansionist policy and disrespect of the signed treaties, therefore they are guilty too for the millions and maybe billions of lives that will be lost, same are israelis which vote for more land grabbing, more culling of the rightful landowners in the name of a divine right. That is not a racist thing, those people have proven at the ballot box they indeed support wars, aggression, ethnic cleansing, religious laws and the like and do not give a damn about the rule of law, human rights and lives, whether international and even local constitutions. I am not saying the americans are better, in fact they started the disregard of international law and UN resolutions in support of Israel and their own crusades, what russia escalates now was started by the americans and Israel, so I am not sure why they wonder now.

Thanked by 3MikePT jar TheKiller
  • tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited April 2015

CNSjack said: what's interesting is that you even contacted our sales department earlier this month.

gang up guys. more lies, more off-topics.

attachment removed due to privacy.

As I said I'm not bashing CNServers and we did indeed contact you. But there was no solution. but after this I don't think I'll be using CNServers again.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@CNSjack,

Not trying to be rude or even to judge your opinion/thoughts, but I had to chime in to say at least that posting private tickets with no permission wasn't wise. I'd get really pissed if you've done that to me.

I seen no apologies towards the affected parties, though, so I assume you're too proud of yourself.

At least, @Francisco defends full transparency and he would never do that.

Think twice before posting.

• TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited April 2015

"LET: where you can go from hero to zero in the space of a single thread." - Nekki

(Speaking about CNS)

• OT but:

They threaten to bomb us along with denmark and poland just because we try to install some defense against those bombs

Means nothing at all, Russia threatens everyone.

This clearly means they aim to occupy romania

Nope, EU defense contracts - You fight with Romania and a few days later you have Germany, France and UK on your ass.

BTW, the shield will only protect against 21 missiles, if you are worried about their cost, you should think of the other thousands, maybe you should not start the war in the first place?

Contradicts your very own first point - If it no risk for Russia why would they want to destroy? Makes no sense at all.

80% of the Russians do support the new expansionist policy and disrespect of the signed treaties

You now made a full survey of ALL Russian people? Where do this numbers come from? There was neither a referendum nor any representative study neither in Russia nor in Crimea and if there is one in the future

same are israelis which vote for more land grabbing, more culling of the rightful landowners

What owners? The Westbank is 80% empty and new settlements are NOT build in existing townships but create new ones by themself.

religious laws and the like and do not give a damn about the rule of law, human rights and lives

Both Russia and Israel are (Russia less than Israel even) secular countries.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

Calm down, guys. Have a break - Have a Merkel™.

• I think SF/私服 should not just translate to "private game server".It's a kind game server which violate copyright(hack to the official game server,steal the server software and setup it's own non-license server).It is high profit,but illegal in almost all country.(include China)

So I don't think @CNSjack is wrong.

However it's very shame that chinese government didn't do anything to take down the man behind it.But it's also not protected by the law.So some hackteam use very high bandwidth(usually 50~500Gbps) to DDOS these servers and extort a lot of money.Sometime it even affect the network backbone in China and cause major network outage.
    Several cases:
    http://tech.sina.com.cn/i/2009-06-02/17083142920.shtml
    http://www.oschina.net/news/44687/from-cn-crack
    (use google translate to read it)

So almost all IDC in China prohibit SF(only few IDC with 120Gbps+ protection dare to host it). In fact no one should help to protect this black industry.
    I have a VPS in BuyVM for almost 5years.My chinese friends often suggest me cancel the VPS.But unlike my friends,I didn't met any unhappy with BuyVM(it's my first VPS).So I just keep it even I seldom use it.But if BuyVM choose SF,I will leave.No website owner in China want it neighbor is a SF.

Thanked by 2CNSjack cnbeining
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Jonchun said: I can't stop laughing right now. Here I though CNServers was a professional outfit... Now I'm getting worried about @Nick_A's Seattle deployments.

A lack of professionalism doesn't mean the product doesn't work. We get what we pay for there, and Seattle by far has had the fewest filtering issues/complaints over time. What they lack in features and automation, they make up in stability.

• I can't believe how biased everyone in here is.
    @Francisco provided 0 proof to backup any claims.
    I like BuyVM, but I can't sympathise with @Francisco here, since he's only speculating without proofing his points.
    I also know @CNSjack is technically very experienced and it's common sense that mmo gameservers usually receive the biggest floods because you can earn a shit-ton of money with them and they never lack competition.

• $200 is bargain for dedicated server, BGP session and several DDoS protected /24s. I'm surprised CN was even willing to be dealing with 150+ tickets and risk of affecting other users on the network for that price. Sounds like a LOT of hassle. Doesn't really take an Einstein to figure out why they wanted to get rid of buyvm from their perspective.

Thanked by 1CNSjack
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Now I've read through this entire thread, and I still have the same question:

If you don't like "high-risk clients", why are you in the DDoS mitigation business?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@tr1cky said:
    I can't believe how biased everyone in here is.
    Francisco provided 0 proof to backup any claims.
    I like BuyVM, but I can't sympathise with Francisco here, since he's only speculating without proofing his points.
    I also know CNSjack is technically very experienced and it's common sense that mmo gameservers usually receive the biggest floods because you can earn a shit-ton of money with them and they never lack competition.

Not everyone holds on to evidence forever in hopes that someone will call them on an off hand comment and blow off the handle like a certain someone did here. I doubt you have a Dropbox folder with 100% irrefutable proof of every negative experience you've had in your lifetime. Learn to recognize things for what they are, simple conversation on an Internet forum. This isn't a court case. Get off your soapbox and have a beer.

Besides, Fran did the best he could to prove it at the time but he's not dumping year+ old private flows into a thread because someone got their underwear in a bunch over his off hand comment. He wasn't the one running their network, only they could or could not prove it and as he said, the best he could do was move it and see that the trends they claimed were not true elsewhere. Believe him or don't. That's how one develops an opinion.

I'll believe the person who has done a LOT to help me personally over the guy that I don't know. Is that bias? Sure. I'm not going to take the word of a clearly unstable criminal, who has zero respect for anyone's privacy, over a friend. I'm damn proud of that bias. Where I come from you always stand by people who have done you right. You believe what you want to believe.

• PwnerPwner Member

@tr1cky said:
    I like BuyVM, but I can't sympathise with Francisco here, since he's only speculating without proofing his points.
    I also know CNSjack is technically very experienced and it's common sense that mmo gameservers usually receive the biggest floods because you can earn a shit-ton of money with them and they never lack competition.

I'll take @Francisco's word over @CNSJack's photos any day of the week.

Thanked by 2jar inthecloudblog
  • @joepie91 said:
    Now I've read through this entire thread, and I still have the same question:

If you don't like "high-risk clients", why are you in the DDoS mitigation business?

They do, but not under budget price. Higher risk = higher price. Otherwise you end up in a loss.

Thanked by 2CNSjack alexvolk

@apollo15 said:
    They do, but not under budget price. Higher risk = higher price. Otherwise you end up in a loss.

I definitely get that. That's why I asked earlier in the thread if they ever made a proposal to charge what they wanted to handle the problems. That would be the right thing to do, I think. I guess they didn't because I never got an answer.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2015

joepie91 said: If you don't like "high-risk clients", why are you in the DDoS mitigation business?

Maybe because you need to actually order and pay that? (just a thought)

Jar said: I'll believe the person who has done a LOT to help me personally over the guy that I don't know.

So this make the other guy wrong by default? :-) @CNSjack was insulted by some random people in several posts. Why? Because he came here to explain his side of a story?

Don't get me wrong - I am not taking anyone's side, but I prefer to read both guys explanation - possibly backed with proof. How I see things here is that there were different expectations on both sides and the other guy came here just to defend his business explaining his side of a story. Wouldn't you do the same in hope for some unbiased view of a readers?

edited April 2015

@Spirit said:
    So this make the other guy wrong by default? :-) @CNSjack was insulted in several posts. Why? Because he came here to explain his side of a story?

On equal ground yes it makes the other person wrong to me unless I'm satisfied with their proof. Not every conversation gets tied up in a neat little package. Sometimes you just have two people making claims that neither can/will fully refute, and it is what it is. In such a situation, yes my opinion sides with people I personally trust instead of people that I don't.

I was raised to stand by family and friends unless given a very good reason not to. I read this thread word for word and this comes down to things that cannot and will not be proven, so yes I side with someone I call a friend. To me that's just standard courtesy. It's not a bias without a basis, it's a bias based on taking the word of someone who has gone out of their way to help me repeatedly. That may not be worth a lot to anyone else, but it is to me.

@tr1cky said:

What is there to prove? CNS confirmed the very issues I said, but said it was all Chinese gameserver related. I called false on that since many of the people he smacked weren't CN gameservers, they were people protecting their xbox's and such. Yet, he labeled them as chinese gameservers and refused to automate any of his nullroutes/etc.

Spirit said: Maybe because you need to actually order and pay that? (just a thought)

We did though. We paid for up to 1M pps - 2M pps of TCP and burst 10gbit UDP. He refused to provide that for CN gameservers because he didn't like them and refused to automate his system with it.

I think that's something you've missed here. We never expected him to filter very high levels, we expected to get what we paid for and we didn't. We know things were made up as well not just because the numbers were so insane but because we personally handled all TCP filtering while at awknet because they didn't have any sort of protection for it.

That means I saw everything that all of these gameservers saw and the amount of times that I had to blackhole IP's for TCP floods was extremely, rare. Of all the people I nullrouted the most for large (> 500k pps) TCP floods, ol' DotVPS Jack got the most.

The only reason we moved to CNS was because we wanted tickets to actually be answered in less than 3 months time (i'm not kidding, it took Awknet over 3 months to even process our end-of-term cancellation request).

Francisco

• CNSjackCNSjack Member
    edited April 2015

We did ask you to remove those customers that got large attacks repeatedly affected our network and other customers, who most of them happened to be Chinese private game server related.

We didn't dig up all your Chinese customers and refuse to provide service to them like you claimed. We certainly don't hate Chinese at all as we have many Chinese customers.
    These are all in your own mind.

You said we didn't provide protection, we were lying about the attack size etc, If you have these concerns, you would have questioned us back in the days instead of now.

You are just trying cover up that you made up the story about we hate Chinese in order to earn the business from @yhuza, and you got caught.

Thanked by 2alexvolk yhuza