Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone 5 Live Coverage - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iPhone 5 Live Coverage

Comments

• @liam said: Enjoy your iPhone 5's ;-)

Let us remember Foxconn manufactures for many more companies than Apple..

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited September 2012

My gadget/computer list :

• iPhone 3G
    • icoo D70gt tablet
    • Blackberry 8830
    • Nokia (forgot the series)
    • old Toshiba germany keyboard (Win + Debian installed)
    • Macbook late 2007 (OS X + Debian installed))

they work together side by side without having any problem.. now please stop for being hater or "X" evangelist..

:D

edited

Thanked by 1jar
  • @MrLabradoodle I like how he doesn't realize most corporations misconstrue their statistics for marketing purposes. Hell, they even do it in presidential campaigns. Other than that, it is true that they are playing catch-up. Keep in mind though, they only release once a year, as opposed to Android devices cropping up with better features year-round.

• @Jack said: Why waste $10+ on a blackberry If someone offered one for <$10 I might take it as a Spare phone but they are crap phones.

don't know.. :P buy it from ebay years ago.. i was thinking for using it as a contact person (BB Messenger) but then i realized i don't need that hahaha

• I'm buying it. Been holding for this for a while now (I have the 4). For the people who are saying that iPhones get slower... not really seeing that. Mines perfectly fine, but it's time for an upgrade. Not a chance I'd get an Android phone. They just don't have the same polish and intuitiveness that Apple has perfected over the years.

• I'll preorder tomorrow, nice upgrade from the 4 and make some adjustments for our apps to utilise the slightly taller screen. Thinner and taller is a win, I was worried they were going to make it wider and cumbersome.

Thanked by 2laaev jar
  • Not sure if this is a legit comparison:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-whats-changed/

But IMO, the iphone 4 is basically the same or am I missing something? :)

• My Nokia 3350 still can destroy them in a single throw... LOL *kidding

• @Chief said: I'll preorder tomorrow, nice upgrade from the 4 and make some adjustments for our apps to utilise the slightly taller screen. Thinner and taller is a win, I was worried they were going to make it wider and cumbersome.

Same here, definitely some major improvements!

• NickONickO Member
    edited September 2012

Just wrote a quick blog post about the iPhone 5. They also announced the new iPod Nano/iPod Touch.

http://www.urpad.net/blog/apple-iphone-5-announcement/

-- Nick

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited September 2012

Loving the new hardware specs and the design. Although the screen is still too small.........they only made it a half inch taller with the same width. Maybe it will seem better in person, but I am disappointed that it is that small still.

And about the OS war... For the past how many years I used to be a iOS fanboy and always thought it was far better than Android. Eventually I (reluctantly) got rid of the iPhone 4 and upgraded to an HTC EVO 4G LTE with Android. For the first week, I absolutely hated Android and started missing my iPhone. Although after that week, Android began to grow on me...... not only was the Google Play store better, but Android is more complex instead of just square icons and not locked down hardcore like iOS is. No more jailbreaking........just rooting and unlocking, which does not void the warranty at all. No longer do I feel locked down to Apples BS, like iTunes (which I uninstalled after hundreds in music and apps).............I am now free with Android and can enjoy my phone to it's full potential. About the only thing I miss from iOS, is there app selection........it is destroys Androids.

Oh and this 4.7 inch display on the HTC EVO 4G LTE is incredible. I tried later using a few things on my iPhone and cannot stand that small screen....it is a joke now, unless you have a magnifying glass and skinny fingers.

• So looking at my HTC ONE

the iphone looks crap. the only benefit i can see with the iphone is the LTE chip. The proc on the iphone 5 is a arm9 from what i have read so far.

• @NateN34 said: Oh and this 4.7 inch display on the HTC EVO 4G LTE is incredible. I tried later using a few things on my iPhone and cannot stand that small screen....it is a joke now, unless you have a magnifying glass and skinny fingers.

As a owner of a HTC One X, which is similar to the EVO 4G LTE. I can agree. I had a 4S and then moved to a HOX. For the first few days I found it hard to use, but after that it was a breeze. Also the Android hacking community is made up of nice people, you can't say the same for iOS.

• The touch really looks good.. :(

• @liam said: I think different people buy the iPhone in the uk compared with america.

The Guardian wrote a really good article on this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2012/jun/17/iphone-us-carriers-smartphone

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2012

It's time that @Chief does what he has written on page no. 1 of this thread... Take some Android trolls back under the bridge! ;)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012

@Amitz said: Take some Android trolls back under the bridge! ;)

Actually Chief said to me in IRC we only have to go under a bridge during iPhone announcements.

Anyway, iTrolls always seem to spam every Android thread with jealousy.

• Ah! I see! Did not know about that restricted time frame! No problem then. Go on! :)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012

@Amitz said: Ah! I see! Did not know about that restricted time frame! No problem then. Go on! :)

I am surprised by your quick reply, considering how slow iCrap is.

:P

• Done with my iMac. It's faster than the iPhone. ;)

• @Amitz said: It's faster than the iPhone. ;)

Ah, its hardly going to be the opposite.

Just so you know I am fair, I had an iPhone from 2007 to 2012 before switching to a HOX. I still have an iPad 2 3G and also have a 2011 MBP.

• Well, love the new iPhone5 but I guess I have to wait until it drops in price. In Iceland the new iPhone5 will cost without contract:
    16GB: $1,316
    32GB: $1.481
    64GB: $1.645

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2012

Well, $1645 for a phone sounds very unreasonable. Heck, you can build quite a good server for this money. What's so special in a phone that it has to cost more than a good server?

• You can get the iPhone 5 free on contract, but its still an overpriced phone.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2012

@MrLabradoodle Everything is overpriced to you android fanboys, I wish you'd all get jobs ;)

For real though, the only comparable devices I've seen significantly cheaper have little to no internal memory. It's not cheaper if you have to buy an accessory to make it equal. But not everyone needs a smart phone either. I really only need to tether, but meh...pieces lined up well and resell value is what I paid 2 years ago. Which also speaks to value to an extent. It's strange that apple products resell so high, but it makes up for cost.

• @jarland said: @MrLabradoodle Everything is overpriced to you android fanboys, I wish you'd all get jobs ;)

$600 for a piece of hardware that cost $150 to make.

Thanked by 1DanielM

@MrLabradoodle You know of a device that sells for its manufacturing cost? Strange business plan :P

• @jarland said: @MrLabradoodle You know of a device that sells for its manufacturing cost? Strange business plan :P

Raspberry Pi.

Well that won't tether :P

• @jarland said: Well that won't tether :P

Neither will your iPhone unless you pay outrageous tethering fees.

Thanked by 1DanielM