Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone 5 Live Coverage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iPhone 5 Live Coverage

Comments

• I just got my 4s like 2 weeks ago.

So I get what .3 more on the screen?
    Thinner whoopy so i can by more accessories?
    2x faster processor to check my email and make phone calls?
    better graphics for what?
    4G / LTE Whoopi so I can talk faster?
    And wait for it a new plug so it doesn't work with any of the other ipod/iphone devices I already have!
    great I need that.

Waste of money I think in my opinion. Unless your only spending 30 dollars

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

Hm

If I saw it right on mashable
    $199 for 16GB up to $399 for 64GB.

Really? Not that bad tbh

• 16GB, $199. 32GB, $299. 64GB, $399.

iPhone 4 8GB is free, 4S 16GB is $99.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

iOS6 to work on all devices up to 3GS, that's good tbh

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@StormVZ Not bad. Honestly iOS 6 performs extremely well. Funny though, beta 1 was the best.

• The connector thing is the part that bugs me.

• Seen what I need to see, now time to Zzz...
    Android cheer squad may return with their meme's in hand...
    ... and inferior products in their pockets.

Nite all ;)

/expects absolute mayhem in the morning.

• japonjapon Member
    edited September 2012

@24khost said: The connector thing is the part that bugs me.

Well, I'm an Apple user since 15 years. Trust me, one thing Apple changes are connectors. I have a box full of connectors for every hardware part of them that is now useless. So the connector is an issue I expected to happen again.

The iPhone 5 is nice et al. But I can't justify an upgrade from the 4S. Not so much innovation there atm.

• Can you actually add a micro sd card or swap out a battery via a high tech "battery door" yet?

iPod touch is beautiful, not gonna lie.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox

@bdtech Haven't felt the need to personally.

• Nope no hightech battery door, or sd card.

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited September 2012

Apple lost its innovation-mojo on the phone platform a few iOS releases ago imo. And the lawsuits does not make things better.

• @jarland said: iPod touch is beautiful, not gonna lie.

So is the samsung galaxy S wifi 5

• I don't think the battery door is very necessary. Apple releases a new iPhone every year and people usually drop their older iPhone and get the newest model, so the expected life of the average iPhone is about one year - the battery should usually live longer than this.

• some of us keep our phones till they die!

edited September 2012

Pondering when apple haters referred to apple users as a "cult" because all they would do was inject into conversations how much better their apple products were than whatever they owned.

Times, they are changing. Android fanboys now get the title. Collectively, all over the Internet, they worked hard to earn it.

• Since good old Steve-O passed. The innovation went out the door, we can't use and extra number on the phone now it is called the "new iphone" or "new ipad".

I see then end of the road coming for apple. I believe someone else is about to take over. Probably will go for the cycle of microsoft again

edited September 2012

@24khost What innovation? Everything can't blow your mind. Replacing the battery and adding an sd slot wouldn't be innovation anyway. Innovation is generally a new product, not every upgrade of it.

• @jarland said: Replacing the battery and adding an sd slot wouldn't be innovation anyway.

in apple's mind it would be :L

@DanielM You mean companies talk up their own products? The nerve! Lol

• japonjapon Member
    edited September 2012

@jarland said: Innovation is generally a new product, not every upgrade of it.

Not necessarily. Innovation can also be a simple upgrade as long as it provides a better productivity and sales. Adding an SD-slot would be an innovation for the iOS market. However, it wouldn't go well with the average use of Apple's products. So they won't add it. And since they have their cloud their mission should be to get rid of physical memory in their own interest.

• Everyone would buy an 16GB and stick an 64GB SD card = less money for apple

@StormVZ Heck I can't use the 16. I've got a 32gb iPad that I use to play games and store the music that I actually think I'll listen to this year.

• I am not really looking for something mind blowing, but looking for something. Apple has been known as the innovator.

Innovations in the iphone
    iphone to iphone 3g = assisted GPS,
    iphone 3g to iphone 4 = voice control,camera tap to focus (iOS 4.0+)
    iphone 4 to 4s = Siri
    iphone 4s to iphone 5=Lightning connector

• @24khost said: iphone 4s to iphone 5=Lightning connector

Ever heard of MicroUSB?

edited September 2012

@24khost I think iOS 6 is pretty innovative. The new maps are great. I don't think getting the innovation for free is something I'd complain about. Sounds like you came out pretty good, and me too since I now get Siri (which functions far better on the iPhone than iPad).

• Yes but ios 6 will be available on 4s soon.

Yeah mrlabradoodle, I hate the change in connector but that is the only meaningful difference.

• http://www.apple.com/uk/

Homepage changed!

Most hyped crap tbh even though I'm a apple fan and owner of Apple iTouch, 4, 4S & MacBook pro. Might reconsider not getting it