Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally Dediserve launching SG Location - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Finally Dediserve launching SG Location

Comments

• hotsnow said: tomorrow? monday :p

I hope so. Waiting :)

• Today is monday

• @dediserve said:
    HK is advertised in April.

April, when.

• Oh I see, they must used the network here (http://www.nouptime.com/) in Hong Kong.

• It's April for another 17 days :)

We have the last shipment of storage in Customs in HK right now, once it rack's we're good to go.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • @dediserve said:
    It's April for another 17 days :)

We have the last shipment of storage in Customs in HK right now, once it rack's we're good to go.

Wow, Soon(tm) isn't it?
    Or am I playing Life is Strange too long, that I have become... have the power?

• Humm, what am I exactly looking at?
    Or dediserve got the Valve timezone correctly? (oh, is this black mesa?

• @dediserve ... ugh been waiting for Monday to try your HK location, so its not happening today huh?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • We have the last shipment of storage in Customs in HK right now, once it rack's we're good to go.

Unfortunately, customs and border controls in Asia seem much much more troublesome than our European and US locations... but we're almost done. Clouds like ours are large and complicated beasts and take time to build right.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • We have the last shipment of storage in Customs in HK right now, once it rack's we're good to go.

What customs....? I never had a server go through customs shipped from EU to HK, UPS usually delivered them after ~4days without any checks

• William said: What customs....? I never had a server go through customs shipped from EU to HK, UPS usually delivered them after ~4days without any checks

Curious.. Wouldn't the size of the package matter? I.E the amount of servers etc... ?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @William We tend to not have issue with single servers / replacements / parts, but our platforms (particularly new builds) are shipped configured from London on Pallets, so the scale and weight is significant. Typically less likely to fly under the radar at customs / border control.

• Curious.. Wouldn't the size of the package matter? I.E the amount of servers etc... ?

Maybe now, but not in the last years (neither does value matter much, considering HK has no import tax/EU+Tech exceptions).

Largest i had shipped with someone were 4 3U Dell boxes on a pallet 2012 (Declared 20000EUR, Carrier TNT, NL->HK in non-factory sealed original boxes) plus a bunch of single servers/spares over the years from Austria, NL and UK.

One package was opened by customs in NL already and sealed (probably some sort of pre-customs check for countries that trust each other) (traveled ~4 working days, fastest i ever had), the others came unopened to the DC (after 6-14 working days) (Pics the've sent did show the original packaging tape/plastic cover) - I've used TNT, UPS and Fedex, always declared real value, added printed purchase orders/contracts to the papers (if available) and had the shipper obtain and note an EORI number (Found no english page, http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/EORI-Nummer - Sort of an Import/Export ID for a company).

Packages that fit through automated Xray machines should in theory be a bit faster as well.

HK is a fairly easy shipping target, as is SG (English as law language makes things easier), ID no idea - Russia and China are in particular horrible (shady shippers offer fairly good rates for this areas though, mostly picking up from Poland, never used), Israel and the Arabs take forever for customs checks (and they are extremely thorough), South America requires often "payments" to rather strange people locally that can "arrange" things (but you still pay the insane import taxes, Brazil has like 150% on technology, Argentina requires you to pay in local currency (preferably in cash in some shady Buenos Aires gov agency), Chile is fairly ok at ~25%)...

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • rokokrokok Member

Hello April, ETA HK?

Thanked by 1mint
  • April only 8 days left ...

• hwt said: Is it just me, or is anyone else having issues getting the console (novnc) working? I keep getting error 1006...

gonggo said: @hwt me too, on FF and Chrome, sent a ticket and they said it's working on their end. Tested it on old opera browser and after logged in it just stalled.

Hours ago I got it worked.

• any new progress? the last day of April :p

• rokokrokok Member

April 2016 dude

• tommytommy Member

Soon™ :D

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • Unfortunately we've hit delays with HK due to new Export regulations. We ship our clouds 'built' on pallets from the UK and due to the amount of compute power, they are deemed' dual use' and require a special export license to send to China :(

While we procure the license, we're working ahead on Sydney and Dubai (Jakarta needs the same license as HK).

Once done, we're going to refocus on US and Canada, and another location in Europe!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @dediserve any new ETA for Jakarta? Is this will be a month or two delay or more likely years of delay or not going to happen?

• dediserve said: While we procure the license, we're working ahead on Sydney and Dubai (Jakarta needs the same license as HK)

Looks like local companies starts protect local business from western companies trying impact to Asian market That easiest way.. :)

• Jakarta (like HK) are already contracted, IPs assigned. We hope to have the hardware there asap in the next couple of weeks. We'll launch Sydney in the mean time and then likely Jak and HK will be at the same time.

Thanked by 1kangndo
  • rokokrokok Member

You don't say Jakarta Jak, but JKT :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • or maybe Cibitung

• How much BW in Dubai? Price for extra traffic? Sounds interesting, only ISP there is currently charging like 100EUR for 1GB/100GB..

• All our locations are the same in terms of terms and price

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • dediserve said: Unfortunately we've hit delays with HK due to new Export regulations. We ship our clouds 'built' on pallets from the UK and due to the amount of compute power, they are deemed' dual use' and require a special export license to send to China :(

Just get HP to supply via a local distributor, if you get a global account manager then you can get global pricing. So they'll take care of the whole process of currency management.

You'll get a bill in EUR/GBP and they'll deliver it to the door pre-staged.

We do this all the time even to the craziest of places and whilst you end up paying 5-10% extra on the kit to get it preconfigured/precabled, its easier than shipping it, remote warranty (as you wont have any warranty validity on EU kit in Asia) and its their headache to get it to site.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Vote for Jakarta server location.

@dediserve said:
    Jakarta (like HK) are already contracted, IPs assigned. We hope to have the hardware there asap in the next couple of weeks. We'll launch Sydney in the mean time and then likely Jak and HK will be at the same time.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited May 2015

How much will it cost for jakarta? $5? @dediserve