Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally Dediserve launching SG Location - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Finally Dediserve launching SG Location

Comments

• We've tweaked some of the networking config and opened up the PPS thresholds (which was causing a little latency and loss on some of the hypervisors)

Thanked by 1eLohkCalb
  • @lifehome said:
    Just wondering if dediserve would/could do SWIP?

We keep all our IPs pretty white label so generally only provide SWIP on large ranges (/24) or for partners.

• I can also attest to the great support Dediserve and especially James T. has provided. :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @tommy said:

hehe.. for southeast region is fast, but for global network, not. sometimes i need copy cpanel backup files from one server to another servers around 5GB-10GB. and can you imagine if you are getting flood traffic ? it will network make very slow , and you will lost your traffic.

• I installed a personal proxy on my dediserve singapore node.
    However, it can not connect to lowendtalk or lowendbox. All other websites work just fine.

• tommytommy Member
    edited March 2015

dgprasetya said: hehe.. for southeast region is fast, but for global network, not. sometimes i need copy cpanel backup files from one server to another servers around 5GB-10GB. and can you imagine if you are getting flood traffic ? it will network make very slow , and you will lost your traffic.

I know since I live in Indonesia too :D. If you want to backup from your VPS better get another US VPS, or use DO or VULTR JP

DO

--2015-03-22 11:58:53--  http://speedtest.dallas.linode.com/100MB-dallas.bin
    Resolving speedtest.dallas.linode.com (speedtest.dallas.linode.com)... 2600:3c00::4b, 50.116.25.154
    Connecting to speedtest.dallas.linode.com (speedtest.dallas.linode.com)|2600:3c00::4b|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[=============================================================================================>] 104,857,600 2.14M/s   in 45s     

2015-03-22 11:59:39 (2.21 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

DS

--2015-03-22 11:58:52--  http://speedtest.dallas.linode.com/100MB-dallas.bin
    Resolving speedtest.dallas.linode.com (speedtest.dallas.linode.com)... 50.116.25.154, 2600:3c00::4b
    Connecting to speedtest.dallas.linode.com (speedtest.dallas.linode.com)|50.116.25.154|:80... connected.
    Saving to: `100MB-dallas.bin'

100%[=============================================================================================>] 104,857,600  954K/s   in 1m 50s  

2015-03-22 12:00:42 (932 KB/s) - `100MB-dallas.bin' saved [104857600/104857600]

VULTR

--2015-03-22 12:06:22--  http://speedtest.london.linode.com/100MB-london.bin
    Resolving speedtest.london.linode.com (speedtest.london.linode.com)... 2a01:7e00::4b, 176.58.107.39
    Connecting to speedtest.london.linode.com (speedtest.london.linode.com)|2a01:7e00::4b|:80... connected.
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[=============================================================================================>] 104,857,600 6.32M/s   in 18s     

2015-03-22 12:06:43 (5.43 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

@muratai said:
    I installed a personal proxy on my dediserve singapore node.
    However, it can not connect to lowendtalk or lowendbox. All other websites work just fine.

somehow leb/let block IP range, and that not dediserve fault

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Considering our extensive local and regional peering, I'd be more interested in how we compare to others in regional transit, not connections thousands of km back to Dallas :)

• come on buddy, please make Jakarta available today

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Somehow, if you keep the price same with other region (outside asia pacific), are you making profit? you know, the bandwidth cost in asia is so expensive, specially in south east asia .. =,=??

• nadiar429 said: Somehow

And port speed 250Mbps?

Not to be surprised if most of folks drop their VPSes on next month after playing with benchmarks :)

• We're driving into these new locations on the back of partner demand (we are primarily an IAAS Partner to hosts, ISPs, even other cloud providers). Our primary business is public and private cloud for such customers, so if a few LET deals and specials can bring us to new customer's ears then that is a bonus :)

Thanked by 1nadiar429
  • fitvpn said: 250Mbps

From dediserve or most Indonesian providers?

• rokokrokok Member

Hehe really high expectation from Indonesian, cheap price ;p

All i know is international bandwidth very costly and peering to outside world is unknown (i dont know any other decent *cloud provider). But with resource specs & price range you gonna rule the market for sure.

@dediserve maybe you need to claim dediserve.id domain http://www.domain.id/ ;p

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

ErawanArifNugroho said: From dediserve or most Indonesian providers?

How they offer 250Mbps even 100Mbps if most Indonesian providers offer only 1-2Mbps? Dedicated pipes, or what? :) Take over local? Guess local ID providers offer 1-2Mbps only for match cost of local BW, not just for fun. How to provide 100 or 250Mbps for 5EUR/month instead?

• Just a reminder that our 50% special will run until Friday next the 27th, then all pricing will be retail :)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

• AmitzAmitz Member

@dediserve said:
    The resource pool is fully flexible. You can scale by any component at any time (adding just cpu or ram or ssd or ips or any combination

Will the 50% price reduction also apply on later ressource pool upgrades?

• Only during this promo period

• AmitzAmitz Member

I am not sure if I worded it right:
    If I buy now, using the promo code and with e.g. 2 cores and add another core in 5 months, will the price of this core also be lowered or the full one as per your price list?

• It would be full price. Barring any new promo

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • shellshell Member
    edited March 2015

@fitvpn said:

in indonesia you can get local bandwidth (local indonesia) for "free" by connecting to OpenIXP available at 1gbps / 10gbps nic, but International bandwidth very very expensive. Maybe dediserve make a good "deal" with equinix, i don't know :D

• tommytommy Member

@dediserve I just got email from 'dediserve'

Hey there,

James here from dediserve.com. I'm just dropping you a line to see how dediserve.com is working out for you.

If you have any questions about the service, or any feedback, just reply and let me know.

We're always here to help and hugely appreciate all feedback!

Thanks for your time!
    James Thatcher

That's real email? send email using james.[snip]@dediservecom.mail.intercom.io.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • sinsin Member

@tommy said:
    dediserve I just got email from 'dediserve'

> 
    > 
    > Hey there,
    > 
    > James here from dediserve.com. I'm just dropping you a line to see how dediserve.com is working out for you.
    > 
    > If you have any questions about the service, or any feedback, just reply and let me know.
    > 
    > We're always here to help and hugely appreciate all feedback!
    > 
    > Thanks for your time!
    > James Thatcher
    > 

Yes it's real, I got one back when I signed up with their last promo.

• @tommy said:
    dediserve I just got email from 'dediserve'

> 
    > 
    > Hey there,
    > 
    > James here from dediserve.com. I'm just dropping you a line to see how dediserve.com is working out for you.
    > 
    > If you have any questions about the service, or any feedback, just reply and let me know.
    > 
    > We're always here to help and hugely appreciate all feedback!
    > 
    > Thanks for your time!
    > James Thatcher
    > 

Got this email too, by the way, exceptional support from my experience provided by this guy James.

• zevuszevus Member

I got it after just creating an account and not signing up for anything. =)

• Hi Guys, James here, just reply to the email I sent if you want tp open a dialogue or have any questions! :)

• tommytommy Member

Oh I see :D

Next time use proper dkim and use email [email protected] :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • LeeLee Veteran

As a complete service Dediserve are simply second to none. Whilst the discounts offered are very welcome I would pay the full price having seen both the infrastructure and support in action. When there was a network outage in the Netherlands recently I was able to get updates by text so I knew what was happening. The mobile app is great. The support responses are within minutes. They promise 24x7 support and it is actually genuine which is still rare in the LET space despite many claiming it.

Of course Dediserve are not an LET service, they are a very different provider from the cookie cutter ones that dominate on here. Their market place is also really quite different to LET and the result is a more mature experience. None the less they are here and are offering a great deal.

It’s a service that just seems to keep giving when you go looking through the options in the panel.

Recently I had issues with connecting to a US service for my project on their Netherlands DC, nothing wrong with the VM or anything to do with Dediserve I just needed my App closer to the source I was connecting to in the USA. I explained in the notes when I cancelled what the reasons were and within a short time I got a note back from James with some comments. That is the first time I have ever cancelled a service and had confirmation the provider actually read the cancellation notes and clearly cared enough to reply.

All my experiences so far make me want to find a solution to work with them, whereas with other providers I would just cancel a service and move on.

Thanked by 2lostsoul dediserve
  • rokokrokok Member

No one questioning about each Asian region "laws & rules" ?

• tommytommy Member

rokok said: No one questioning about each Asian region "laws & rules" ?

US rules the world :)