Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would people purchase this package? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would people purchase this package?

13»

Comments

• @BOXCWebsites said:
    $0.01 Unlimited Ram. 1MB Storage.

You're one to talk, Mr I came here for sponsors, not your fucking opinions

• emgemg Veteran

I am a US resident. I looked at your website and have the following suggestions:

• The currency conversions are an improvement, but I still have the feeling that:

• It isn't clear whether prices in non-British currencies may fluctuate each month. As a US resident who "thinks in dollars," I would prefer to see a known, unchanging price in US dollars.
      • If the price is really in pounds, then I would be concerned that I might incur a currency conversion fee or poor rate each time a payment is made.
      • Why would you offer a VPS in Los Angeles that is not priced in US dollars? I bet that most people who buy a Los Angeles VPS expect it.
    • The name "Vacation Private Servers" is not very good. I would shy away from such a company because:

• The name does not sound serious and professional.
      • I know this sounds silly, but it gives me the feeling that the support staff would never be there to answer an urgent ticket.
    • The pricing page is obviously wrong. Am I missing something? Lower specs for higher costs?

• I suspect that many LET customers want lower specs at lower costs than the 7 pound offer you proposed at the start.

• My next VPS will be a KVM VPS.

• emgemg Veteran

@haloelite3 spammed the VPS forums at WebHostingTalk (posting as "sypheriashiftz") and got deleted in a blink. Here today, gone a minute later.

I am waiting to see the next brilliant idea that comes out from the creator of "Vacation Private Servers". An inability to follow the basic rules at WHT does not inspire confidence that they can run a VPS business.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

Company name is stupid.

nothing unique.

Plans and pricing don't make sense.

you make lots of promises and guarantres with no facts, specs, stats, or case studies to back them up.

Openvz is so 2013.

US location in non US pricing.

Exchange rate updated 12/3/15... Um as far as I am concerned December 2015 hasn't. happened yet.

WHMCS not even changed the logo. And it's in /whmcs which is bad. How about /secure /billing /myaccount ???

• @shovenose said:
    Exchange rate updated 12/3/15... Um as far as I am concerned December 2015 hasn't. happened yet.

12/3/15 is obviously 3 March, 2015. I'm guessing you're American? ;)

• @haloelite3

Use a currency converter web service like WHMCS does and show pricing thats up-to-date in whatever currencies required.

Second, regardless on how you came up with it or knowing its history, DROP "VACATION" from your brand name! A big part of sales is image and perception in a brand. As others have said, this does not make ME feel confident to use your services. It seems that you may be gone at any time and does not speak of your hopeful professionalism either. As long as you have this you WILL get issues with marketing your services as you will give a bad first impression. Also the slogan you used regarding making hosting a vacation is a bit corny and doesn't really make much sense to me.

I also recommend using a CMS over static web pages.

I also have seen your template many times elsewhere. While it is a nice bootstrap site, I can take 1 look at it and your whois, ignoring your brand name, and run away as fast as possible. You MUST be unique in a somewhat saturated market.

If you don't know what your doing I REALLY do advise you just become an employee in an existing operation to get the experience required for this.

Good luck!

• @shovenose said:

@VikingLayer said:

Can we have a LowEndDateSystem. 2015/03/12 springs to mind

• @VikingLayer said:

Seems to be the default format in WHMCS since WHMCS is a UK company.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

When I started I only took EUR, after 12 or so months I started taking GBP and USD, business went up by a third, your opinion on the EUR/USD market is 110% irrelevant, it is what your potential customers think that matters

Thanked by 3rds100 Dylan kendid
  • DylanDylan Member

Vacation Private Servers is a truly terrible name.

• @Dylan said:
    Vacation Private Servers is a truly terrible name.

Another one telling the name is bad.. I think there is a message in there somewhere, but what is it?