Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would people purchase this package? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would people purchase this package?

Comments

• faulwurffaulwurf Member
    edited March 2015

@rds100 said:
    Go to iniz's page and see the prices. There is dropdown on the top and you can select GBP, EUR or USD.

>

@faulwurf said:
    If I remember it right INIZ used GBP for a long time

@rds100 said:

Anyway, you can sell in whatever currency you like, even in Chinese Yuan if you want. But some people will skip the offer because it's not in a currency convenient for them
    >

Have to agree.

• @fitvpn said:
    Word - Vacation - bit strange for VPS hosting company.. :) And yes GBP billing weird

Maybe it's related to Goodhosting :)

(Sorry I had to!)

Thanked by 1perennate
  • kendidkendid Veteran

TBH, typically if it's not US$, I don't purchase... Not sure why, but that's the way it is... (and in my country we don't even deal in US$)...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

kendid said: TBH, typically if it's not US$, I don't purchase... Not sure why, but that's the way it is..

I'm assuming it's because you're aware of how the USD relates to your own currency, whereas you're not sure about other currencies?

• kendidkendid Veteran

Most likely... Foreign currencies are changing all the time, and in this day and age the US$ is the easiest to calculate with my own... The Euro is gaining ground, but so much of the world is still based on the US$...

• So is using GBP as a currency an issue or is it not really?

• kendidkendid Veteran

I would say yes, it is an issue... For me anyways... It's hard to compare a company with competitors who are all using US$ for their pricing...

• More bw then yes, why not something like seattle ?

• GBP is a stronger currency I believe.> @rds100 said:

It's not love for the Euro, it's fear of the GBP. Only the UK people know what the GBP is.

That's crazy I think, GBP is a strong currency, yeah I get what your saying with the US and EURO thing, but seriously?

We're a UK company furthermore - I'm going to trade in UK pounds, not US dollas..

• A guy calling himself "haloelite3" and "xxtntacidsxx" (on Skype), seeming to live somewhere in kent, uk, announcing a partnership with "vega squadron" (gamers I guess), selling OpenVZ VPS in la, usa, priced in gbp through a company "vacation pservers", not even putting minimal company info (e.g. post address or phone) on his home page, and having his companies domain for less than 4 weeks ...

Uhm, thanks but thanks NO.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @MSPNick i don't mind as i said, you can sell in what you want. For me as a buyer it would be a little inconvenient to buy in GBP. I would do it, if it is an exceptionally good offer. But if it's not... i might just skip it.
    Anyway, you can start a new thread with a poll about this if you want. It's always good to know the opinion of more people.

• @rds100 said:
    MSPNick i don't mind as i said, you can sell in what you want. For me as a buyer it would be a little inconvenient to buy in GBP. I would do it, if it is an exceptionally good offer. But if it's not... i might just skip it.
    Anyway, you can start a new thread with a poll about this if you want. It's always good to know the opinion of more people.

I do value what customers and potential customers want / need.

Its just nuts that everyone thinks eur is a good currency? (or to be taken, etc)..

I believe you earn more to the pound then the euro? can anyone clarify that?

• It's not about good or bad, it's about convenient. Even if you only accept GBP, at least make the option to display what the current prices are when calculated in EUR or USD. It would help the potential customers to quickly evaluate the offer without having to go to third party currency conversion websites.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

I think GBP would be more pallatable if the offer covered UK based hosting. Otherwise, it sounds a bit like a small, local UK company venturing out into the world for the very first time. Which seems to be the case, actually, but no good reason to advertise this fact. Besides, what's your problem quoting in multiple currencies so potential clients can choose whichever they feel comfortable with?

• MrXMrX Member

OpenVZ? Check.

Run-of-the-mill location? Check.

Unincorporated? Check.

No office address? Check.

No phone number? Check.

Skype username that sounds like a Call of Duty alias? Check.

What's not to love? GBP is the least of my concerns here.

Thanked by 3Dean aglodek Rob92
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

Someone know about upcoming USD currency denomination changes? Is this truth?

• If you want to be taken seriously, as others have said, that name has to go.

Properly incorporate as a company, list your official place of business, and find something to distinguish yourself from the hordes of other providers.

• kendidkendid Veteran

@fitvpn said:
    Someone know about upcoming USD currency denomination changes? Is this truth?

Are you inferring to them getting rid of the penny? They are considering it. Canada has already done it and it's been a positive change (no pun intended)... Nice not having to carry worthless coins in your pocket!

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

kendid said: kendid

Who outside Canada billed in CAD?

• Another standard host, with a standard template and standard prices.

To be honest, I don't see much potential here.

• Okay, I have taken in the suggestions that you have said and proceeded with making changes to my website and company.

The name will stay the same as I believe that some people will understand where it has come from - however I need to get the reason across.

I have added Dollars and Euros to the pricing page with the costs rounded up and down depending on if the price was above the 5 or not.

I have also added more information such as location and phone number and whilst creating a new skype for the company.

Good news? or there is still a lot to get there?

Updated website here

If the website is the same before then delete your cache and cookies.

Thank you

• haloelite3haloelite3 Member
    edited March 2015

Also if you have any more suggestions or criticism please just state it.

Thank you

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited March 2015

You should consider changing your company's name.

Vacation just doesn't cut it.

Just my two cents.

• Same template used by many others.. very popular, guess because free :)

@xaitmi correct

• Yeah - I can understand, Once I get started I will take up on things such as webdesign> @fitvpn said:

Same template used by many others.. very popular, guess because free :)

xaitmi correct

• MrXMrX Member
    edited March 2015

haloelite3 said: Okay, I have taken in the suggestions that you have said and proceeded with making changes to my website and company.

Don't call it a company unless you actually have formed a company. Do you understand the risks of running a business without forming a separate legal entity?

Edit: Just realized how aggressive this sounds, which wasn't my intention. But if you are asking for feedback on your company, these are the kind of fundamentals rookies get wrong and run their businesses and themselves into the ground.

• @haloelite3 said:
    So what do you lot think would be a better package to sell? any recommendations?

$0.01 Unlimited Ram. 1MB Storage.

• @MrX said:
    Edit: Just realized how aggressive this sounds, which wasn't my intention. But if you are asking for feedback on your company, these are the kind of fundamentals rookies get wrong and run their businesses and themselves into the ground.

No worries man, I understand what you are trying to get at - No hard feelings :)

I just want to work hard and get this to work

• Oh well, I'll be nice and tell you the riddles solution:

"Make hosting easy and nice as a vacation!"

Plus some nice sentences how you make the oh so complicated hosting a nice, comfortable experience. The whole thing in proper good english obviously (I'm not a native speaker).

But you are still not a company, right? If so, say so.

• @bsdguy said:
    Oh well, I'll be nice and tell you the riddles solution:

"Make hosting easy and nice as a vacation!"

Plus some nice sentences how you make the oh so complicated hosting a nice, comfortable experience. The whole thing in proper good english obviously (I'm not a native speaker).

But you are still not a company, right? If so, say so.

Thank you - Well technically Vacation Private Servers is currently registered under a sole trader - and I am looking to make the business a limited company in the upcoming months once it has fully started rolling.

Thank you for contribution