Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would people purchase this package?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would people purchase this package?

Hello I am wondering if anyone would buy this package:
£4/month
OpenVZ
2gb ram
50 gb storage
1 tb monthly bandwidth
based in LA
control panel

any ideas on my pricing or recommendations?

Thank you

Comments

• No. That GBP sign in front of the price always makes me not want to buy it. If you are targeting international customers, please add EUR and USD prices.

Thanked by 4ATHK 4n0nx Mark_R netomx
  • tommytommy Member

no, why? because I don't know the provider.

• @rds100 said:
    No. That GBP sign in front of the price always makes me not want to buy it. If you are targeting international customers, please add EUR and USD prices.

What? How does the currency change who it is targeted for? WHMCS has a option to change

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

I agree. People are a lot more familiar with USD or EUR, unless you're just targeting UK customers.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2015

TinyTunnel_Tom said: What? How does the currency change who it is targeted for? WHMCS has a option to change

Probably only the UK people know the value of the GBP. If you tell me it costs 4 GBP i don't know how much this is, i have to go google it. If you tell what's the price in USD or EUR, most people would understand it and can compare it with other offers. And by all means, please allow people to choose what currency to pay with (i.e. GBP, USD or EUR).

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

said: Hello I am wondering if anyone would buy this package: £4/month OpenVZ 2gb ram 50 gb storage 1 tb monthly bandwidth based in LA control panel

Specs and prices are by now so bog-standard that you might as well ask:

I am planning to bake bread. And sell it for money. Will anyone buy?

And oh look some random host just posted about exactly your described plan: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/46533/theqhost-com-openvz-2gb-4-m-march-madness-chi-nyc-dal-la-pure-ssd-in-la/p1
    without creating any bizarre threads in advance, with poorly thought out "market-research".
    Also for cheaper than your 4 GBP.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • NomadNomad Member

OpenVZ always makes me click away.
    Never trusted that.
    Also GBP is a scare indeed.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I love GBP, fuck the Euro! But I still wouldn't buy from you as I don't know you.

• One thing I don't understand is this love for the Euro? The euro is such a unstable currency its unreal - I understand where the dollar is coming from too.

So what do you lot think would be a better package to sell? any recommendations?

• It's not love for the Euro, it's fear of the GBP. Only the UK people know what the GBP is.

• but GBP is known for one of the most stable currencies in the world - Also I believe many Europeans know what the GBP is if I am right?

• Yes, everyone knows that the GBP is the currency in UK. But usually nobody knows the value of the GBP. I.e. nobody knows how much in their own currency one GBP is. I am sure the people in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, etc. know the exchange rate of the EUR, but don't know the exchange rate of the GBP. Sure, google can tell you what it is, but if i have to google it to find out how much the offer really costs... i might just skip it.

• Okay, I understand now - Thank you for the feedback

• Word - Vacation - bit strange for VPS hosting company.. :) And yes GBP billing weird

• Oh, the pains of not ruling half the globe :D

• Vacation is a nickname i was given - jusr making the company my own

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@haloelite3 said:
    Vacation is a nickname i was given - jusr making the company my own

How did you get the nickname?

• Where are the features compared to others? Or just another hosting service that we can find anywhere?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

@Nekki said:

His real surname is Holliday.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Worst nickname ever.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Nekki said:
    Worst nickname ever.

"Fluffy Bunny" was already taken.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Depends what uptime you guarantee, and the type of support you offer.
    The price seems realistic, but again it depends on other features aswell.

• @Nekki said:
    Worst nickname ever.

My real name is James Holliday and it comes after my surname - It just makes the company my own :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nice pun on your name, but...Vacation Servers sounds dangerously close to Summer Host.

• I know - I need to find a way to assure people that It will be a great service

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@haloelite3 said:
    I know - I need to find a way to assure people that It will be a great service

Anything that doesn't imply you're on holiday all the time would be a start.

• Nekki said: Anything that doesn't imply you're on holiday all the time would be a start.

+1

Also for me the pound is also a barrier. Your audience clearly is UK then. It's not a blocker I have to admit, but I will only go to some currency conversion site and check how much 4 pound are in EUR if I'm really interested.

Reasons why I'm not interested: no sign of a great offer in general, US location, OVZ

• Yeah I can see where the pound barrier is coming now - so overall how should I overcome it?

• faulwurffaulwurf Member
    edited March 2015

@rds100

If I remember it right INIZ used GBP for a long time...so where is the problem? i live in europe and if you ask me anyone who makes international business should know some exchange rates, at least EUR, USD and GBP...

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2015

faulwurf said: If I remember it right INIZ used GBP for a long time...so where is the problem? i live in europe and if you ask me anyone who makes internatinal business should know some exchange rates, at least EUR, USD and GBP...

Go to iniz's page and see the prices. There is dropdown on the top and you can select GBP, EUR or USD.
    edit: actually this seems to be only for the web page, inside WHMCS i don't see a way to choose another currency.

Anyway, you can sell in whatever currency you like, even in Chinese Yuan if you want. But some people will skip the offer because it's not in a currency convenient for them to use.