Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexim Web hosting sending out emails using GVH client database - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexim Web hosting sending out emails using GVH client database

Comments

• There is no pleasing you guys, I am being honest here and everyone thinks im still lying. I am not going to comment on this anymore and add fuel to the fire.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@ksubedi said:
    There is no pleasing you guys, I am being honest here and everyone thinks im still lying. I am not going to comment on this anymore and add fuel to the fire.

Stop adding thing to your story that contradicts your previous posts then.

• Official statement shortly.

Thanked by 2Infinity netomx
  • @ksubedi said:
    There is no pleasing you guys, I am being honest here and everyone thinks im still lying. I am not going to comment on this anymore and add fuel to the fire.

You sent the emails. Recognize that, and we may start believing you.

• @Nekki said:
    I wish I'd never fucking found this site, seriously. Nothing has shaken my faith in humanity more than the stuff I've found out through this forum.

There's an easy fix in case you haven't figured it out.

• LeeLee Veteran

@ksubedi said:

You are being honest only because you have been caught.

Thanked by 2MSPNick Infinity
  • ksubedi said: There is no pleasing you guys, I am being honest here and everyone thinks im still lying.

How are you being honest? You were literally caught lying less than 12 hours ago

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @ksubedi said:

At this point, whether you're lying or not is immaterial now, neither version works out well for you.

I would like to understand why you had a GVH customer database on your personal computer, if you can do me the courtesy of explaining that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So I am the only one thinking that @ksubedi = Jnuggets?

• Gotta say... I was a bit "meh..." about all his issue.
    But it seems it was serious all along.

.... He wont ever admit he took the list of customer on purpose, he can't. ON the other hand, it´s not possible to be an accident.
    At least I dont think it can.

It´s curious that at the moment I am saying this, I am working on a project that required me to have access to my customer GetResponse account from where he manages his newsletters from the various sites his company owns...
    But no, I wont take any "accidental" backup.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

So, I had list of IP addresses of my VPS, and I was shutting down stuff so was running "rm -rf /*" on all of them, one of them happened to be webserver of company I used to work for, I thought I removed all of the IP addresses of their servers but guess I didn't delete that one, sorry guys I apologize.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Well it can go 2 ways I suppose,

1) You resign to the fact that there's a lot of amateurs and fly-by-night's in the LET industry, and just let it slide

2) Have consequences

Flagging/reporting the mailshot as unsolicited spam seems appropriate, IMHO.

• There is a paragraph in the GVH privacy policy that might be applicable here:

GreenValueHost utilizes the information you provide to us solely for the purposes of identifying your account, to provide customer support, and to collect payment for services rendered. We will not release any of your personally identifiable information to any persons or organizations other than law enforcement agencies or third parties whom provide services on our behalf (such as our credit/debit card processor).

It seems to me like this was breached

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Wait, wasnt the Database leaked before? End of the Last Year?. Maybe he got them before?

• NeoGenNeoGen Member
    edited February 2015

Good evening,

Thank you for reporting this to the MailChimp Abuse Desk.

We certainly understand the frustration that comes along with receiving unsolicited bulk email messages. As an Email Service Provider that holds a strict stance against unsolicited mail, we take spam complaints very seriously.

Based on the provided information, we have located the account in question and are currently investigating their list collection process.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you,
    Remy

• edited February 2015

Well nexim web owner needs to worry a little bit. First you shouldnt of have any customer database stored on your pc. Second I already contacted the District attorney for the Boulder county Colorado, luckily I have to follow up next week with the state's district attorney who deals with consumer side of things to see if this company is legally liable for these kinds of actions. Sorry doesn't cut it for peoples information being stored on your personal pc and then using it to spam ppl. I wish identity theft laws would cover things like this. Basically you stole these people's Information.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • New business name, old ethics?

Judging by the fake appearance on IG / FB I don't think @ksubedi gives two shits about what he's doing. At this point he's only trying to clean up.

Big suprise.....

• How many were those email addresses? Did you not find it weird that you had so many email addresses stored in your computer while providing them to that SEO company?
    What if the SEO company saves your list of email addresses to theirs which they apparently collected through various sources?

And for fucks sake, why did you need a SEO company? Couldn't you have signed up with mailchimp and started spamming rightaway? Assuming there was an SEO agency involved in the first place.

• Surprised? No.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • come on.. noone saw this coming? trusting nuggets with your personal information should of been a huge flag already lol.

Thanked by 2netomx Kerberos
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Seo company = mail chimp

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @akz said:
    come on.. noone saw this coming? trusting nuggets with your personal information should of been a huge flag already lol.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but please remember there was a time when GVH wasn't a complete clusterfuck and were just a new host with an overzealous sales guy.

Also, pretty sure that an ex-staff member not only having a customer data and then using it is a new low for the LE*. This one isn't even Jon's fault as K-Sub was apparently GVH's lead tech at one point.

• Still it's GVHs responsibility to protect their customer data. I expect them now to enforce the consequences defined in the NDA ksub signed

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

Why is it that many people seem to think the lack of an NDA makes it ok to take a client database and use it for mailing purposes...

Thanked by 3k0nsl mpkossen netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Lee said: Why is it that many people seem to think the lack of an NDA makes it ok to take a client database and use it for mailing purposes...

And why is it that many people seem to think an existing NDA is going to stop an employee from downloading and even leaking customer data?
    It is not really possible to remove the human factor, you will not going to sue people across the world for a contract, even if you have the means, it is most likely you will not going to obtain anything and the pigeon already flew all over the world.
    This is one of the main issues why Prometeus will remain small, because we simply do not trust many people with customer's data and that is not going to change soon. Better a small family business when everyone has a personal relationship and trust is built slowly and earned, than a cheap fly by night operation outsourcing support on the basis of a sheet of paper which cannot really be enforced.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

True, and even with that NDA what are you going to if someone ignores it and shares the data? Spend thousands trying to sue for damages? Yeah, so many claims providers will do it but very, very few could do it even if they really wanted to.

Maybe it's just me but if you ask me to help you I would never consider sharing anything. But then I have worked in a UK financial regulated environment all my working life.

The real issue is that most of these events are not just happening to a wide range of people/providers. It's all kids (under 21) who have little to no morals or sense of decency.

• @ksubedi: your story is so shaky I don't even know where to begin sawing through it. And I thought you were "the good one" at GVH. (shrugs)

• Jack said: What NDA?

According to Jon he made everyone except for @Rallias sign an NDA :D

@mpkossen: For all we know @ksubedi is one of the good ones at GVH, that's the sad part.

• gsrdgrdghd said: According to Jon he made everyone except for @Rallias sign an NDA :D

I have reason to doubt that.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited February 2015

Rallias said: I have reason to doubt that.

Me too. I was just going off what Jon said to point out the path Jon has(should) to take now.