Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo?? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo??

Comments

• @concerto49 said: Maybe Atlanta can be the 3rd location? BuyVM TM will rule the world soon!

Come to Europe. We love you <3

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@concerto49 said: Maybe Atlanta can be the 3rd location? BuyVM TM will rule the world soon!

We're sending a server to Atlanta for Nikki to host her army of TF2 servers. I'll be putting an NS on there too

Fran

• @djvdorp said: Come to Europe. We love you <3

No, Asia first please @Francisco

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • flyfly Member
    edited August 2012

he tunnel is bah. @mitgib was in the /same/ situation as you... he owned an ipv6 block, and bgp tunneled at ashburn while waiting for caro to get native. i had to disable ipv6 traffic because teh tunnel would add 200ms to everything. I would rather not have ipv6 in this case. although you might not have as bad of a time as hostigation did.... the tunnel servers are a fickle bunch.

btw in atlanta i wouldn't really recommend gnax.

• @NanoG6 said: No, Asia first please @Francisco

>

No, Europe first please/

@fly said: he.net is bah. @mitgib was in the /same/ situation as you... he owned an ipv6 block, and bgp tunneled at ashburn while waiting for caro to get native. i had to disable ipv6 traffic because teh tunnel would add 200ms to everything.

btw in atlanta i wouldn't really recommend gnax.

It's adding 30ms to everything right now so not that bad. Once native is online i'll push it over without question :)

I don't like the port limits GNAX uses. We were going to use coloat for ATL but I still get the feeling they're hosting together, or ones reselling the other.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: That'll be in 2.x. Once stallion 2 is out I can roll out a lot of these new ideas quite easily :)

Sorry, I'm new here. Is Stallion a panel you've created yourself? Any insights on this? Curious to know if it's hard to create something like that.

@concerto49 said: Sorry, I'm new here. Is Stallion a panel you've created yourself? Any insights on this? Curious to know if it's hard to create something like that.

It's lots of work :)

Stallion 1 took the better part of a few months for me to get done and it was quite broken when we rolled it. I screwed up our bandwidth accounting at least once and caused multiple people to get suspended. In the end we gave everyone free bandwidth for the month due to all of the screw ups.

The current stallion isn't bad on the user side, but the admin side is broken in quite a few places. The code is meh at best and that's why a rewrite is happening.

Francisco

• flyfly Member

@Francisco said: I don't like the port limits GNAX uses. We were going to use coloat for ATL but I still get the feeling they're hosting together, or ones reselling the other.

not just that, but they're kinda sloppy. I believe colocrossing has a location there.

@fly said: not just that, but they're kinda sloppy. I believe colocrossing has a location there.

Yea, they got a location there.

Jon was well aware he was competing against them for our bid and I wonder if that drove him even harder :P

Francisco

• flyfly Member

personally i would go with colocrossing, as they would probably be more reliable. in addition, you already have services with them, so more likely to get a better deal?

@fly said: personally i would go with colocrossing, as they would probably be more reliable. in addition, you already have services with them, so more likely to get a better deal?

This is the first time we've done business with them. For ATL we only need a single U and Jon's fully sold out.

Francisco

• Any updates? Im soo excited for some buffalo stock... its only 100km from my house, will be super awesome ping. I had a FastVPS.co VPS die, and im really missing a VPS.

• @seedbox28 Try Ipxcore, they are in same DC, better service, cheaper price., and not rude.

• And sometimes their nodes are even up!

Not that I agree with any of his other points.

• And DC hater..

• 3.. 2.. 1...

Aldryic has already been provisioning a few people.

Jon's installing our KVM in a few hours. As far as I know Aldryic is doing early bird stock on Monday :) Pubby stock on Wednesday.

Francisco

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited August 2012

@Francisco said: Aldryic has already been provisioning a few people.

Jon's installing our KVM in a few hours. As far as I know Aldryic is doing early bird stock on Monday :) Pubby stock on Wednesday.
    Francisco

I was wondering if in Buffalo, is it possible to add ip filtering to $15/y plan? Or only with 256mb and above?...... Thanks anyway

@Go59954 said: I was wondering if in Buffalo, is it possible to add ip filtering to $15/y plan? Or only with 256mb and above?...... Thanks anyway

You can put filtered IP's on $15/y's but you gotta pay a year up front I think? NY will have filtering sometime in September, we're just nailing out how to do it.

It looks like we can deal with 4Gbit burst UDP but past that you'd get nulled. If you're expecting burst floods higher than that, then SJ is where it's at.

SYN protection will be just as good at either location. In fact i've been fending off a fairly nasty flood for the past couple days for a client:

Incoming rates:
    83823.4 kbits/sec 166948.0 packets/sec

Nasty spoof flood.

Francisco

[2:00:25 PM] Francisco: pony what's the timelines like
    [2:00:35 PM] Francisco: monday afternoon for early birds
    [2:00:38 PM] Francisco: wednesday for pub?
    [2:00:42 PM] Francisco: i need to get emails out
    [2:00:45 PM] Aldryic C'boäs: That sounds good to me
    [2:00:46 PM] Francisco: ok
    [2:01:03 PM] bzImage: Just fine with me

You have your times people :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: [2:01:03 PM] bzImage: Just fine with me

Looks... like... Skype.

@TheHackBox said: Looks... like... Skype.

It is :)

It works perfect for staff channels since it has back logging.

Francisco

• AsadAsad Member

@Francisco said: [2:00:38 PM] Francisco: wednesday for pub?

I thought you were talking about going down to the pub for a drink.. I even wondered why Americans would use that term :P

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

And now everyone starts downloading skype and looking for your names

Thanked by 1klikli
  • @AsadHaider said: I even wondered why Americans would use that term :P

But @Francisco is Canadian......

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

Is he? They call pubs, pubs in Canada?

• yes, frantech/francisco is

@AsadHaider said: Is he? They call pubs, pubs in Canada?

We do, I thought it was the same in the states?

Francisco

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Maybe rather "bar"