Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much 100mb optical fiber costs in your country?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much 100mb optical fiber costs in your country?

RamiRami Member
edited January 2015 in General

In my country(Egypt) 100Mbit optical fiber (for Data center) costs 1.2 million Egyptian pound/Year (~$170000) ISPs are thieves here

How much it cost in your country?

Thanked by 1eastonch

Comments

• That's a very difficult question to answer as it depends on what you want, and where to.

For instance a 100Mbit/s Point to point circuit between 2 locations fairly close together (E.g served by the same exchange area) is a lot different than 100Mbit/s linking 2 locations on the other side of the country.

Then it also depends if you expect internet access on that CCT or if it's a private CCT.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

$80usd monthly 200mbps no caps

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2015

around 20000 $/year In Romania for 100 mb wich means 800 mbps

• You can get fiber (with low caps) here, if you live in the right building/area. Typically they only put fiber in new condos/apartments http://www.novusnow.ca/internet/

• 100Mbps fiber without caps is around $2600 for per year in Turkey.

• cassacassa Member
    edited January 2015

Netherlands:

40 euro a month for 125Mb/s

99 euro a month for 1Gbit/s

• MakenaiMakenai Member
    edited January 2015

So cheap that they shifted all people from 50mbps plans to 100mbps and people with 100mbps to 250mbps

Now 100mbps is 15Eur/m and 250mbps is 22Eur/m after taxes

There are also cheaper providers, but this is for the biggest one.

1Gbps with TV subscription and phone line is 72Eur/m

All of the connections are FTTD.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@cassa

Business fiber (real fiber)?? Not a fiber to home shit? A real fiber for 35 euro/month???? O.o

• 116.56503 U.S. dollars / per month for 100Mbps and unlimited traffic. (Chile)

• i thinck this guy @Rami is asking for a simetrical bandwich wich download and upload is the same speed , so i am rectified my answer for fisical person in Romania 1 gbps wich is no simetrical bandwich is 12 euros/month and for 100 mb (800 mbps) is around 1700 $/month

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    cassa

Business fiber (real fiber)?? Not a fiber to home shit? A real fiber for 35 euro/month???? O.o

Yeap, it's for home but real fiber

• Dedicated circuit costs in western Europe if you are ON-NET between 100 and 500EUR.

Dedicated circuit OFF-NET costs you 500-1000EUR.

Shared 100/100Mbit, if available at all, costs between 50 and 250EUR.

• @netomx @cassa @Makenai WOW that's so cheap

@davidgestiondbi said:
    cassa

Actually we don't have fiber for homes just for business

Thanked by 2gestiondbi netomx
  • @davidgestiondbi said:
    cassa

No, what he means is a shared product, not dedicated. Dedicated costs in NL fairly the same as in AT/CH/DE/BE/LU/ES/PT (aka western europe) and usually starts at 100EUR/100Mbit.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi Gadelhas
  • Egypt has no bandwidth. I'm shocked to learn they even have the option!

• William said: No, what he means is a shared product, not dedicated. Dedicated costs in NL fairly the same as in AT/CH/DE/BE/LU/ES/PT (aka western europe) and usually starts at 100EUR/100Mbit.

Ah, that way. Then indeed it's more expensive, not sure how much tho.

• pailypaily Member
    edited January 2015

If it's availible than about 45€ (50$) /month for 100mbit or 55€ (62$) /month for 200mbit, unmetered and the upload and download speeds are the same

My Provider: http://www.flink-hs.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=16

• 100mb fibre would be enough to start your own neighbourhood-wide ISP in Pakistan.

• I just upgraded to 100mb over fiber at work, in US, and it runs about $1300/month

• In Estonia, it's 26 eur per month for 100Mb/s symmetrical and 33 eur per month for 300Mb/s symmetrical.

• for 100mbps about ~$250/month in Indonesia..

• 10mbps dedicated simetrical unlimited cost around 700$ here in Medan,Indonesia

• 1mbps about 22.7479usd/month in sri lanka NO CAPS unmetered

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited January 2015

UK £350 a month for 100mbit leased from M247 in York.

• MelitaMelita Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

In Indonesia, US$ 24,000 / month unmetered for business line. For oversold resident, it's $1000 / month and also not available in 95% of the area.

I saw in Singapore they offer residential 100mbit no caps for $50 though.

• edited January 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    UK £350 a month for 100mbit leased from M247 in York.

But where you live thats normal. Goto Leeds/London will be less :P

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited January 2015

Melita said: Singapore they offer residential 100mbit no caps for $50

In Singapore residential plans are cheap (e.g. 200mbps @ S$50), business plans are acceptable (e.g. 100mbps @ S$200), but dedicated blended bandwidth (with reasonably good routes) in the DC comes with a sky-high price tag (e.g. 100mbps @ S$3000).

• Vivo (Telefonica) offers 100mbit in São Paulo/BR starting on $45 usd (about R$120 BRL) and 200mbit from $60 usd (about R$ 160 BRL). This price gets better when you add a fiber-cabletv to your package.

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited January 2015

$100 ish for 160Mbps unmetered

DC prices I couldn't quote but we lease a fibre line to 3 D/c's for approx £30k for 10gbps fibre I believe or something around that

• 30k for a single wave is extremely overpriced, especially if its inside the same city.