Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[FALSE REVIEW] Stay away from TheHostingSquad.com - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[FALSE REVIEW] Stay away from TheHostingSquad.com

Comments

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited August 2012

@Jackson_W said: Wow, you guys will change sides quickly, let me do some explaning.

Randy offers off-label openVZ hosting, I dont have the link offhand, but there's a thread on HF about it.

Thats the email I got, I honestly dont know why it does not compare to yours, could he have changed it?

Last, the date was not cropped, that box is the image that I did not allow to show.

Doing a quick Google search reveals that I could not find, in any way, Randy offering OpenVZ. As far as I could tell, he used to resell services from other providers before going with LSN, but I believe they were not OpenVZ as well - if he wants to come in to clarify.

@NinjaHawk said: And HF=Hack forum?

Yep.

• @NinjaHawk: I believe the OpenVZ in that forum would be because there's a link to an OpenVZ thread by a different provider at the bottom. I could not find, in any way, any mention of "OpenVZ" in Randy's post.

• TazTaz Member

@Bolteesdriveers hmm dont think so.

• @bijan588 said: Im not sure who to believe :(

Let it play out. Personally, I could care less about this entire ordeal (if someone had a bad experience, they had a bad experience) and presenting it in the way certain people on this post have presented it just keeps it unprofessional and honestly just more bitching and complaining (pardon my language right thar).

Personally, instead of saying "Don't use them! They're bad! The owner is a rude incompetent liar" this and that (general mis-types and just horrible English) I would have just said "This is my experience with this provider. This is what happened to me and I would not recommend it." Much more professional and I would take it much more seriously.

I'm not saying I'm on anyone's side, I'm just saying most "reviews" like these tend to be pissed off kids who have a bone to pick with a provider (I'm not making any accusations, I'm just stating that generally this is how it is). If you're a grown person then act like one and keep your angry emotions under control while typing it out.

Thanked by 2Boltersdriveer Night
  • All Randy's nodes are Xen. He is yet to come on OVZ.

• TazTaz Member

@jcaleb how can you be so sure?

• @NinjaHawk said: @jcaleb how can you be so sure?

We chat often. He is not confident with Linux yet, as his previous posts from other thread. He is still learning Linux, that's why he is just offering windows for now. But you have a point, I might be wrong. But is there any other one you have a linux vps from him?

• Heres my summing of the review. Thank me if you agree.

Review is most likley real, but very very exaggerated, I was unable to find anything on HF, but I did find a few cached pages offering ovz, liked previously, and therefore it is not impossible for him to be on an ovz plan.

I think the thread should be closed, but not deleted, let the customer decide who to believe.

• TazTaz Member
    edited August 2012

@jcaleb Google did turn out multiple Linux vps from randyTHQ even though they are cached. Which means, either those posts were delayed or asked to be removed. So we might have a 50/50 situation here where either Randy did not want anyone at LEB to find out about his current /past Linux venture or something is fishy here.

@bijan I would say leave it open till someone or anyone figures out what exactly is going on. As Randy mentioned that, he doesn't do Linux. I would love to believe that he is being honest and op is not.

But then again, this is let, let the drama unfold.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

There is more information required from the OP and @Randy at this point to determine the validity of this review. It appears we are lacking sufficient information from both sides to draw a final conclusion. Whether or not we care is a valid question, but it should play a role in the decision of a moderator. A review like this needs to be presented with at least enough information for the reader to feel confident that they trust either party in this, and certainly should not be removed if there may be truth to the accusations.

• @NinjaHawk said: @jcaleb Google did turn out multiple Linux vps from randyTHQ even though they are cached. Which means, either those posts were delayed or asked to be removed. So we might have a 50/50 situation here where either Randy did not want anyone at LEB to find out about his current /past Linux venture or something is fishy here.

I agree. I could be wrong. I'm glad there is still drama =)

• TazTaz Member

@op lets do a wht style verification, can you pm your vps IP and any other info such as pp email or what ever way you have used to pay to one of our Mods here?

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @NinjaHawk said: Google cache this link

http://www.wjunction.com/46-vps/144101-thehostingsquad-com-linux-vps-service-$6-50-solusvm-unmanaged.html

i used to resell linux vps from Semo web , but i did not get any sales from it so i dropped the idea and get servers from LSN instead,

you can conact justin from semo web and ask him to dig up the tickets

i wanted to say, The Screenshot that OP provided was fake. CE Dosent have a direct link like above members said, its obviously fake its nothing like CE's email templetes. (why dosent the email have my company;s signature and where is the email it was being sent from ,

Ask op to show us his welcome email for his account or his vps welcome email.

yes all my severs are xen based,

• @Randy I am sorry, for doubting you.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

i have made things clear, if i would be a Jerk/scammer, would i still waste my time here or would i rather go on the net and find my other victims?. as you guys can sell op is a troll.

thats all i am gonna say, lets contact justin or dustin ( cant remember) shall we?

and yes, OP please show us the vps screenshot of your wonderful vps with us.

@OP what is wrong with you? why did you even started this? i dont even know you ._.

• Yea.. I'm just going to rule that Randy is innocent until proven guilty. The OP still hasn't posted enough credible proof for me to consider otherwise.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

i am gonna point some of the fishy part of OP's post

1. vps welcome email/ account welcome email?
    2. email it was being sent from on the screenshot?
    3. CE dsosent have a direct link
    4. where is my company's signature? or at least my signature?
    5. it looks far from the one that @Night provided
    6. when did i even provide phone support? (recording please)

ask @Night if i ever did nasty things to him ( if he wants to share a review)

EDIT: 7. Where is the "i am at school "email response screenshot

I Guess i have proved enough, i am clean. this OP just has nothing better to do ( go pick on big companies like Hostdime or Burstnet), hey why not go eat some candy and stay away from me?

take note, the price i sell for those linux vps is somewhat close to semoweb's and look at the specs

Thanked by 1jar
  • Usually, real customer that is pissed off will post a lot of hate comments. remember concernednetizen?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Randy said: TheHosting **spacing ** squad

Sorry, I lol'd

• i highy doubt he is any of my customers

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

guys, please look at my post and see what is fishy about OP's post i am guessing semoweb will post the tickets logs shorty

• Randy relax now, this bad time is over :P

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Randy You have responded appropriately to the accusations. Mods will probably give the OP another opportunity to respond. Google seems to update with the content of this forum rapidly, so don't worry about google.

Thanked by 2Randy HalfEatenPie
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

allright lets see now,
    i have proven that i am clear of what he says.

http://postimage.org/image/57swfynm5/

so who is the one who is lying?

that is all.

Also, wjunction and hackforums are two different sites, Please get your facts right

**Please list us the details that i have requested, **

Thanked by 1martip07
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

where are the mods? i could use some help over here :S this thread is getting on my nerves minute by minute :(

like this post if you support me, show me some support :P

We should really make users to provide proof first before they start putting false info against the provider!

and @OP get a life and stop this on the net.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • Nope, @Randy. Just leave it as it is now, give the guy a chance to respond. Thereafter, this thread can be closed and left to the consumer to decide who to trust. You've responded professionally, so let's leave it at that.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Just cool down man...

Thanked by 3Taz Randy bijan588
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@Boltersdriveer said: You've responded professionally

I would contest that. His answers might be true and verifiable, but are far from professional.
    I understand he is pissed, who wouldnt be, however he lacks the experience in dealing with these things which will inevitably pop up frequently in this business.
    I give him an A- for the learnig curve he is on and for taking only what he can handle, but barely a C+ for professionalism.
    This is in no way a bad thing, he is very young and we expect him to do much better in the future, I have high hopes with him :)
    Good luck Randy, and be very careful. Internet is a wild place, it is not unseen when it crushed innocents.
    M

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

@Boltersdriveer said: You've responded professionally
    I would contest that. His answers might be true and verifiable, but are far from professional.
    I understand he is pissed, who wouldnt be, however he lacks the experience in dealing with these things which will inevitably pop up frequently in this business.
    I give him an A- for the learnig curve he is on and for taking only what he can handle, but barely a C+ for professionalism.
    This is in no way a bad thing, he is very young and we expect him to do much better in the future, I have high hopes with him :)
    Good luck Randy, and be very careful. Internet is a wild place, it is not unseen when it crushed innocents.

do you have a error/. it should be a B + :)

anyways, i guess lets wait for OP to respond back, i am cooling down right now. Hopes this gets responded soon and our Doubts will be "Answered"