Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OnePlus One Users? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OnePlus One Users?

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yup battery life is awesome on the OPO

• Cm12 just entered the QA phase, ahead of the expected release date.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Is the OPO still invite only?

• @tragic said:
    Is the OPO still invite only?

Yes.

• Ah, I'm on the fence about getting a OPO or iPhone 6.

• @tragic said:
    Ah, I'm on the fence about getting a OPO or iPhone 6.

Flip a coin :)

• @tragic said:
    Ah, I'm on the fence about getting a OPO or iPhone 6.

I'm a devoted iPhone user, however... having just got a OPO for work... I am tempted to move to a OPO.

• Hmm..... this thread driving me crazy to get OPO.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

tragic said: Ah, I'm on the fence about getting a OPO or iPhone 6.

I can't stand Apple products, so for me, it was a no brainer.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I own a OnePlus One phone and it's great. Its 3GB ram are definitely worth all the money. I haven't got a single issue with it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Just got an invite. PM me if you want it

MrGeneral said: I own a OnePlus One phone and it's great. Its 3GB ram are definitely worth all the money. I haven't got a single issue with it.

It's really stunning just how much faster the OPO is compared to my N5. And I thought the N5 was pretty speedy.

• LeeLee Veteran

Ok so @jbiloh and others, what the view now on this phone? I need a new one and considering this.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Lee said: I need a new one and considering this.

I read that they are planning #2 . It's just going to be a few hundred "announcements" and months of "invite only" for cheap marketing again..

Thanked by 1Lee
  • blackblack Member

Lee said: Ok so @jbiloh and others, what the view now on this phone? I need a new one and considering this.

The One is a really decent phone. Battery life + cyanogenmod are probably the best features. The OnePlus Two is coming out soon, it might be worth the wait, even just to see the price of the One drop when the Two comes out.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Lee said:
    Ok so jbiloh and others, what the view now on this phone? I need a new one and considering this.

After using it as a daily driver for probably nearly 9 months now other than the occasional random crash its been a good phone. The more resent update has killed the battery life compared to KitKat, but its still able to last me a good day with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and high accuracy GPS running and moderate use.

Thanked by 1Lee

I had the dreaded software/hardware touch screen issue which caused me to replace the phone. The screen, when warm (like in your pocket) would lose it's ability to sense touch until it cooled down. I was convinced this was a hardware defect but apparently a recently released update fixes the problem... Assuming that it actually fixes I would recommend the phone 100%!

Thanked by 2Lee netomx
  • @MKD said:
    Its hard to get parts for this phone. A friend of mine got one and the screen was broken and he was asking in many shops to get it fixed but there are no parts for it. Only online can you buy them.

My screen broke as well, I searched for repair shops but there weren't any close, there were a couple of ones but they charged around $180. I decided to buy the parts myself from China ($65) and repaired it myself. Wasn't too hard tbh.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • nexmarknexmark Member
    edited June 2015

Oppo, naw

Asus zenfone 2

64 bit Intel atom, 64 Gb internal, 4gb ram. This thing also fast charges 0-60 in like 30 mins. And micro sd card expansion.

And it's dual sim for you business people there. One sim personal and the other sim business.

Same price as nexus 5 and oppo

The 2gb ram variant has the same features but 2gb ram and a weaker atom CPU. And 16gb ram

Thanked by 1Lee
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

Still enjoying my oneplus since I got it, haven't had any problems with it as of yet either :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:
    I had the dreaded software/hardware touch screen issue which caused me to replace the phone. The screen, when warm (like in your pocket) would lose it's ability to sense touch until it cooled down. I was convinced this was a hardware defect but apparently a recently released update fixes the problem... Assuming that it actually fixes I would recommend the phone 100%!

Oh, yes, I had all sorts of issues when it's warm. I'm on the CyanogenMod nightlies now and that issue is gone but the nightlies are a bit buggy, the phone likes to soft restart when I'm not using it every few hours for some reason.

What did you replace it with? I am thinking to replace my phone now, not sure, perhaps I should wait till a new Nexus is out or the OnePlus Two if I can get an invite..

Infinity said: What did you replace it with? I am thinking to replace my phone now, not sure, perhaps I should wait till a new Nexus is out or the OnePlus Two if I can get an invite..

I went to the Nexus 6, which is an equally amazing phone with an even better screen compared to the OPO. The N6 is higher resolution and better colors. Battery life is about even and it works after it gets a bit warmer.

I've since given my OPO to a coworker and they love it. They've reported no issues with the screen since updating the phone. Knock on wood..

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • blackblack Member

jbiloh said: I've since given my OPO to a coworker

What a nice guy.

• LeeLee Veteran

Might just go for a new HTC then, seems the OPO has issues. Or maybe wait in the OPT comes out.

• blackblack Member

I don't know about OPT, the thing is, Cyanogenmod has been good to me so far. OnePlus is developing their own ROM and I don't think they don't have the experience to have something as polished as Cyanogenmod. If you think the current software bugs are bad, think how much worse it'd be with OxygenOS.

One thing that really worries me with the OPT is that the Snapdragon 810 runs REALLY hot. If heat isn't already an issue with the OPO it will be with the OPT.

• @jbiloh said:
    One thing that really worries me with the OPT is that the Snapdragon 810 runs REALLY hot. If heat isn't already an issue with the OPO it will be with the OPT.

The OPT reportedly has the new version of the snapdragon chipset from QualComm,
    Which they're hoping is better

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/06/25/oneplus-confirms-snapdragon-810-v2-1-powers-the-oneplus-2-will-reveal-more-specs-piece-by-piece/

_According to OnePlus, its engineers have worked closely with Qualcomm to make sure the new 2.1 revision of the Snapdragon 810 runs well in the upcoming phone. _

However nothing beats the Intel Atom chipsets coming to some phones and or Samsungs exynos processor when it comes to heat

• I will be getting One Plus Two, OPO was really nice phone, battery was amazing.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@nexmark said:
    Oppo, naw

Asus zenfone 2

64 bit Intel atom, 64 Gb internal, 4gb ram. This thing also fast charges 0-60 in like 30 mins. And micro sd card expansion.

And it's dual sim for you business people there. One sim personal and the other sim business.

Same price as nexus 5 and oppo

The 2gb ram variant has the same features but 2gb ram and a weaker atom CPU. And 16gb ram

Wow, very nice! I will check it.out

@nexmark said:
    However nothing beats the Intel Atom chipsets coming to some phones and or Samsungs exynos processor when it comes to heat

I just read a few days ago on Engadget that the second generation 810 isn't any better in real world conditions. Who knows what to believe...

I think the opt will be released in the next two months so we will see then obviously.